I bought a pair of Grado SR80s on ebay for $66 shipped. Did I get ripped off?
Related Forum Threads
- GRADO SR225i: What am I supposed to be hearing? Last post on 10/12/11 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i Headphones Last post on 8/3/11 at 12:45am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- SR-80i brightness Last post on 3/1/11 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fischer Audio FA-011 & Altoid CMOY 2227 Portable AMP & Denon AH-D600 Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:49am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Okey.. I'm stuck... Sennheiser 598/Grado sr 80i/Shure 840 Last post on 5/6/13 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the RE-400. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The RE-400...
Did I get ripped off?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The average street price for new-in-box Grado SR headphones is usually a USD price equivalent to their model numbers.
Essentially, new SR60s are $60 more or less; new SR80s are $80 more or less; new SR225s are $225 more or less.
Not hard numbers or facts, but a general guideline.
Take that as you will.
Why would you buy them, then ask if you got ripped off?
They go for $99 new, shipped. If you get them from headphones.com with a discount (15%), it's $75 shipped. You got it for a few bucks less even. Good for you.
You paid less than retail.
If used, they usually go around $60~65.
So if you got them used, you paid about the right amount. If you got them new, good for you, good price.
- Did I get ripped off?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 41 seconds ago
- › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? 59 seconds ago
- › The Video Game Music Thread 1 minute ago
- › Going to make some Grado woodies 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (57 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: Ultimate... 2 minutes ago
- › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Htc One 3 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD280 PRO Edit: Alternative 100 Dollar Headphones to... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Logitech Speaker System Z623 by D3Seeker
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe