I bought a pair of Grado SR80s on ebay for $66 shipped. Did I get ripped off?
Related Forum Threads
- GRADO SR225i: What am I supposed to be hearing? Last post on 10/12/11 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i Headphones Last post on 8/3/11 at 12:45am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 7:40 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-80i brightness Last post on 3/1/11 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80 to AKG K701 (an upgrade?) Last post on 1/29/14 at 3:29am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
Did I get ripped off?post #1 of 98/23/11 at 5:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/23/11 at 5:32am
The average street price for new-in-box Grado SR headphones is usually a USD price equivalent to their model numbers.
Essentially, new SR60s are $60 more or less; new SR80s are $80 more or less; new SR225s are $225 more or less.
Not hard numbers or facts, but a general guideline.
Take that as you will.post #3 of 98/23/11 at 5:40am
Why would you buy them, then ask if you got ripped off?
They go for $99 new, shipped. If you get them from headphones.com with a discount (15%), it's $75 shipped. You got it for a few bucks less even. Good for you.
You paid less than retail.
If used, they usually go around $60~65.
So if you got them used, you paid about the right amount. If you got them new, good for you, good price.
Very best,post #4 of 98/23/11 at 10:27ampost #5 of 98/23/11 at 1:00pmpost #6 of 98/23/11 at 2:07pmpost #7 of 98/23/11 at 2:14pmpost #8 of 98/23/11 at 2:21pm
- Did I get ripped off?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The SkeletonDAC 18 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer 19 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 30 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 15 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 30 seconds ago
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 44 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 3 minutes ago
- › SRH1540 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude