I bought a pair of Grado SR80s on ebay for $66 shipped. Did I get ripped off?
Related Forum Threads
- GRADO SR225i: What am I supposed to be hearing? Last post on 10/12/11 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i Headphones Last post on 8/3/11 at 12:45am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Yesterday at 11:20 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-80i brightness Last post on 3/1/11 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80 over ATH-M50? Last post on 6/22/14 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
- Grado Modification Overview
Did I get ripped off?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The average street price for new-in-box Grado SR headphones is usually a USD price equivalent to their model numbers.
Essentially, new SR60s are $60 more or less; new SR80s are $80 more or less; new SR225s are $225 more or less.
Not hard numbers or facts, but a general guideline.
Take that as you will.
Why would you buy them, then ask if you got ripped off?
They go for $99 new, shipped. If you get them from headphones.com with a discount (15%), it's $75 shipped. You got it for a few bucks less even. Good for you.
You paid less than retail.
If used, they usually go around $60~65.
So if you got them used, you paid about the right amount. If you got them new, good for you, good price.
- Did I get ripped off?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Crystal Picolino Cable by Effect Audio 2 minutes ago
- › will dac eliminate the buzzing sound? 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 8 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 9 minutes ago
- › Shaving, gents 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 14 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)