I am listening to my 1350's right now on my Lyr amp that has been rolled with 1960's Stuttgart tubes and they sound OUTSTANDING. They are by far the best headphone I've heard at this size.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing new headphones for portable rig Last post on 6/7/12 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Modding the Beyer DT1350 - Page 2post #16 of 3110/15/11 at 10:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3110/16/11 at 1:07am
EQing in Foobar worked wonders for bringing out the low end that the the 1350s are capable of. Im running flac from a PC through an iBasso D10 to a glow amp one. I just got a set of HD650s yesterday and I love the overall sound more but Im missing the impact of the beyers.post #18 of 3110/16/11 at 2:31am
I'm currently experimenting with my butchered pair of DT 1350 to improve the damping inside. I'll report to you back when I have something, but I can say that I actually prefer it with almost everything removed :
- the damping plate on the back of the cup
- the sticky filter that covers the holes on the back of the driver
- the side filters
- the pads filter.
I've only kept the tissue in front of the driver.
In this position the DT 1350 becomes massively dynamic, yet retains clarity, which shows that the main culprit isn't the small driver, but the damping inside. I don't think frequency response changes much, but the sound is just fuller and feels "liberated". It's no longer thin sounding in the slightest and doesn't feel over damped anymore.
in fact I've also listen to it in "open mode" : by putting the two driver plates up to my ears. In this configuration I thought the sound was perfect. Once back on the cups, the sound felt as expecting more "closed in", with unwanted reverbs. But I still preferred it this way than with all the damping inside.
I'm not saying that it's better though, just different. There is still something wrong in the sound to my ears.
But I'm sure the DT 1350 could have been made substantially better with a better cup design.
Edited by MayaTlab - 10/16/11 at 2:33ampost #19 of 311/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #20 of 317/15/12 at 5:29am
I have just posted a guide to dismantling the DT1350 here which may help with the moding process -
If I get round to it I will have a play around with some mods - I have already recabled them with SPC throughout - I am getting another pair soon so I can compare the differences before and after modspost #21 of 317/15/12 at 8:46amIf you look in my profile
I have internal pictures of both type of DT1350.
Edited by Twinster - 7/15/12 at 8:48ampost #22 of 317/15/12 at 9:01ampost #23 of 317/15/12 at 9:37am
Has anyone tried playing around with additional dampening inside the cups? If yes, any results?
I'm quite happy with the sound in stock condition, but it's alway interesting to see if there's room for improvement.post #24 of 311/21/14 at 10:58ampost #25 of 311/29/14 at 1:35ampost #26 of 311/30/14 at 6:22ampost #27 of 311/30/14 at 7:07am
So how does it affect the sound? I would expect it to sound worse, since the driver is made for a closed cup. I hope you will tell me I'm wrong though, since I love modding and they look so cool.post #28 of 312/1/14 at 7:59amQuote:
You are absolutely wrong my friend...
The stock has that tunnel like sound due to its plastic cups.
Quoted from the DT1350 owner "The sound is no longer tunnel-like. Its soundstage is wider (as expected) and the bass has that natural decay of an open chamber. "post #29 of 312/1/14 at 8:01am
- Modding the Beyer DT1350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Music Game IX 33 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 59 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 1 minute ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus Impressions Thread - World's First 14 Driver IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...