I am listening to my 1350's right now on my Lyr amp that has been rolled with 1960's Stuttgart tubes and they sound OUTSTANDING. They are by far the best headphone I've heard at this size.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing new headphones for portable rig Last post on 6/7/12 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
Modding the Beyer DT1350 - Page 2post #16 of 3010/15/11 at 10:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3010/16/11 at 1:07am
EQing in Foobar worked wonders for bringing out the low end that the the 1350s are capable of. Im running flac from a PC through an iBasso D10 to a glow amp one. I just got a set of HD650s yesterday and I love the overall sound more but Im missing the impact of the beyers.post #18 of 3010/16/11 at 2:31am
I'm currently experimenting with my butchered pair of DT 1350 to improve the damping inside. I'll report to you back when I have something, but I can say that I actually prefer it with almost everything removed :
- the damping plate on the back of the cup
- the sticky filter that covers the holes on the back of the driver
- the side filters
- the pads filter.
I've only kept the tissue in front of the driver.
In this position the DT 1350 becomes massively dynamic, yet retains clarity, which shows that the main culprit isn't the small driver, but the damping inside. I don't think frequency response changes much, but the sound is just fuller and feels "liberated". It's no longer thin sounding in the slightest and doesn't feel over damped anymore.
in fact I've also listen to it in "open mode" : by putting the two driver plates up to my ears. In this configuration I thought the sound was perfect. Once back on the cups, the sound felt as expecting more "closed in", with unwanted reverbs. But I still preferred it this way than with all the damping inside.
I'm not saying that it's better though, just different. There is still something wrong in the sound to my ears.
But I'm sure the DT 1350 could have been made substantially better with a better cup design.
Edited by MayaTlab - 10/16/11 at 2:33ampost #19 of 301/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #20 of 307/15/12 at 5:29am
I have just posted a guide to dismantling the DT1350 here which may help with the moding process -
If I get round to it I will have a play around with some mods - I have already recabled them with SPC throughout - I am getting another pair soon so I can compare the differences before and after modspost #21 of 307/15/12 at 8:46amIf you look in my profile
I have internal pictures of both type of DT1350.
Edited by Twinster - 7/15/12 at 8:48ampost #22 of 307/15/12 at 9:01ampost #23 of 307/15/12 at 9:37am
Has anyone tried playing around with additional dampening inside the cups? If yes, any results?
I'm quite happy with the sound in stock condition, but it's alway interesting to see if there's room for improvement.post #24 of 301/21/14 at 10:58ampost #25 of 301/29/14 at 1:35ampost #26 of 301/30/14 at 6:22ampost #27 of 301/30/14 at 7:07am
So how does it affect the sound? I would expect it to sound worse, since the driver is made for a closed cup. I hope you will tell me I'm wrong though, since I love modding and they look so cool.post #28 of 302/1/14 at 7:59amQuote:
You are absolutely wrong my friend...
The stock has that tunnel like sound due to its plastic cups.
Quoted from the DT1350 owner "The sound is no longer tunnel-like. Its soundstage is wider (as expected) and the bass has that natural decay of an open chamber. "post #29 of 302/1/14 at 8:01am
- Modding the Beyer DT1350
- Headphone Impedance
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 9 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio Q1 versus the Fiio E12a Mont Blanc edition 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2