I am listening to my 1350's right now on my Lyr amp that has been rolled with 1960's Stuttgart tubes and they sound OUTSTANDING. They are by far the best headphone I've heard at this size.
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing new headphones for portable rig Last post on 6/7/12 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Modding the Beyer DT1350 - Page 2post #16 of 2310/15/11 at 10:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2310/16/11 at 1:07am
EQing in Foobar worked wonders for bringing out the low end that the the 1350s are capable of. Im running flac from a PC through an iBasso D10 to a glow amp one. I just got a set of HD650s yesterday and I love the overall sound more but Im missing the impact of the beyers.post #18 of 2310/16/11 at 2:31am
I'm currently experimenting with my butchered pair of DT 1350 to improve the damping inside. I'll report to you back when I have something, but I can say that I actually prefer it with almost everything removed :
- the damping plate on the back of the cup
- the sticky filter that covers the holes on the back of the driver
- the side filters
- the pads filter.
I've only kept the tissue in front of the driver.
In this position the DT 1350 becomes massively dynamic, yet retains clarity, which shows that the main culprit isn't the small driver, but the damping inside. I don't think frequency response changes much, but the sound is just fuller and feels "liberated". It's no longer thin sounding in the slightest and doesn't feel over damped anymore.
in fact I've also listen to it in "open mode" : by putting the two driver plates up to my ears. In this configuration I thought the sound was perfect. Once back on the cups, the sound felt as expecting more "closed in", with unwanted reverbs. But I still preferred it this way than with all the damping inside.
I'm not saying that it's better though, just different. There is still something wrong in the sound to my ears.
But I'm sure the DT 1350 could have been made substantially better with a better cup design.
Edited by MayaTlab - 10/16/11 at 2:33ampost #19 of 231/15/12 at 4:24pmpost #20 of 237/15/12 at 5:29am
I have just posted a guide to dismantling the DT1350 here which may help with the moding process -
If I get round to it I will have a play around with some mods - I have already recabled them with SPC throughout - I am getting another pair soon so I can compare the differences before and after modspost #21 of 237/15/12 at 8:46amIf you look in my profile
I have internal pictures of both type of DT1350.
Edited by Twinster - 7/15/12 at 8:48ampost #22 of 237/15/12 at 9:01ampost #23 of 237/15/12 at 9:37am
Has anyone tried playing around with additional dampening inside the cups? If yes, any results?
I'm quite happy with the sound in stock condition, but it's alway interesting to see if there's room for improvement.
- Modding the Beyer DT1350
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound... 2 minutes ago
- › [Interest Check] Official Vienna Meet 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Bass heavy in ear headphones under $30 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi