That's a great, affordable choice.
- productAudio Technica ATH-1tagged by System, 8/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11More
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/23/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/23/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/23/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI-780 VS Beyerdynamic DT 770 (DT 880 VS DT 990) Last post on 6/21/11 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- I want to make my own DT880/DT990/DT770 earpad replacements. Who else wants to do this with me? Last post on 10/9/13 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why are the DT 990 Pros 70 bucks cheaper than the DT 770 Pros? (amazon.com) Last post on 8/31/13 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing Stax Lambdas... ATH-M50, DT990, or Fostex T50RP Last post on 2/17/13 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro or DT 990 Pro Last post on 1/18/13 at 12:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: Yesterday
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Headphones for plane rides - $150 Budget - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 198/23/11 at 4:08amQuote:Originally Posted by MalVeauX
I actually just did some flying with headphones the other week. Ultimately, closed headphones will not block out much noise even on a plane. It will block out the sound of people in general on the plane, but you'll still hear the plane itself. Those engines are just loud and vibrate you. I could hear it even with music playing to an extent. So be mindful that you're not upping the volume to compensate, you can damage your hearing doing that.
This is true. I really can't recommend anything but NC for plane rides. NC gets a lot of hate but on a plane they're your best friend. You can't really enjoy music on airplanes without them or a really good sealing IEM. To get the best, get NC IEMs! The absolute isolation you get from these is unreal.post #18 of 198/23/11 at 5:05am
Even with closed headphones, I don't think they block out the noise of a plane very well.
You're going to need canalphones or headphones with noise cancelling.
Etymotic IEM's are supposed to block out about 33-41 dB of external noise without active noise cancelling, but I've never actually used one myself (the 33-41 dB figure is from Etymotic themselves).post #19 of 198/23/11 at 10:37am
^Have you ever tried the HFI-780? It has one of the best external sound isolation. A little bulky like all headphones, but you have to compromise somewhere.
- Headphones for plane rides - $150 Budget
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 33 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Confused : Sennheiser CX 180 Street II Vs Mi In-ear... 4 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › X3 firmware 3.22-3.24beta--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. #nooneleftbehind 4 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)