That's a great, affordable choice.
- productAudio Technica ATH-1tagged by System, 8/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11More
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/23/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/23/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/23/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI-780 VS Beyerdynamic DT 770 (DT 880 VS DT 990) Last post on 6/21/11 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do DT770/880/990 earpads fit on the Samson SR850? Last post on 9/28/13 at 11:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- m50 /srh840/ k24x/ ??? again (coming from dt770 pro 80 / sr80) Last post on 9/27/13 at 2:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I want to make my own DT880/DT990/DT770 earpad replacements. Who else wants to do this with me? Last post on 10/9/13 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Headphones for plane rides - $150 Budget - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 198/23/11 at 4:08amQuote:Originally Posted by MalVeauX
I actually just did some flying with headphones the other week. Ultimately, closed headphones will not block out much noise even on a plane. It will block out the sound of people in general on the plane, but you'll still hear the plane itself. Those engines are just loud and vibrate you. I could hear it even with music playing to an extent. So be mindful that you're not upping the volume to compensate, you can damage your hearing doing that.
This is true. I really can't recommend anything but NC for plane rides. NC gets a lot of hate but on a plane they're your best friend. You can't really enjoy music on airplanes without them or a really good sealing IEM. To get the best, get NC IEMs! The absolute isolation you get from these is unreal.post #18 of 198/23/11 at 5:05am
Even with closed headphones, I don't think they block out the noise of a plane very well.
You're going to need canalphones or headphones with noise cancelling.
Etymotic IEM's are supposed to block out about 33-41 dB of external noise without active noise cancelling, but I've never actually used one myself (the 33-41 dB figure is from Etymotic themselves).post #19 of 198/23/11 at 10:37am
^Have you ever tried the HFI-780? It has one of the best external sound isolation. A little bulky like all headphones, but you have to compromise somewhere.
- Headphones for plane rides - $150 Budget
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 25 seconds ago
- › Tennmak 1 minute ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 3 minutes ago
- › WTS Focal Elear for sale 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 13 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 15 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 17 minutes ago
- › Pathos Aurium anyone? 18 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 19 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP for Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 21 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...