That's a great, affordable choice.
- productAudio Technica ATH-1tagged by System, 8/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11More
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/23/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/23/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/23/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI-780 VS Beyerdynamic DT 770 (DT 880 VS DT 990) Last post on 6/21/11 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- I want to make my own DT880/DT990/DT770 earpad replacements. Who else wants to do this with me? Last post on 10/9/13 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why are the DT 990 Pros 70 bucks cheaper than the DT 770 Pros? (amazon.com) Last post on 8/31/13 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing Stax Lambdas... ATH-M50, DT990, or Fostex T50RP Last post on 2/17/13 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro or DT 990 Pro Last post on 1/18/13 at 12:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
Headphones for plane rides - $150 Budget - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 198/23/11 at 4:08amQuote:Originally Posted by MalVeauX
I actually just did some flying with headphones the other week. Ultimately, closed headphones will not block out much noise even on a plane. It will block out the sound of people in general on the plane, but you'll still hear the plane itself. Those engines are just loud and vibrate you. I could hear it even with music playing to an extent. So be mindful that you're not upping the volume to compensate, you can damage your hearing doing that.
This is true. I really can't recommend anything but NC for plane rides. NC gets a lot of hate but on a plane they're your best friend. You can't really enjoy music on airplanes without them or a really good sealing IEM. To get the best, get NC IEMs! The absolute isolation you get from these is unreal.post #18 of 198/23/11 at 5:05am
Even with closed headphones, I don't think they block out the noise of a plane very well.
You're going to need canalphones or headphones with noise cancelling.
Etymotic IEM's are supposed to block out about 33-41 dB of external noise without active noise cancelling, but I've never actually used one myself (the 33-41 dB figure is from Etymotic themselves).post #19 of 198/23/11 at 10:37am
^Have you ever tried the HFI-780? It has one of the best external sound isolation. A little bulky like all headphones, but you have to compromise somewhere.
- Headphones for plane rides - $150 Budget
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Which of these active monitors should I get for casual listening +... 58 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH-940 Crack and their service! 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › On Sound Cards 4 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 8 minutes ago
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)