That's a great, affordable choice.
- productAudio Technica ATH-1tagged by System, 8/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11More
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/23/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/23/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/23/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI-780 VS Beyerdynamic DT 770 (DT 880 VS DT 990) Last post on 6/21/11 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do DT770/880/990 earpads fit on the Samson SR850? Last post on 9/28/13 at 11:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- m50 /srh840/ k24x/ ??? again (coming from dt770 pro 80 / sr80) Last post on 9/27/13 at 2:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I want to make my own DT880/DT990/DT770 earpad replacements. Who else wants to do this with me? Last post on 10/9/13 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Headphones for plane rides - $150 Budget - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 198/23/11 at 4:08amQuote:Originally Posted by MalVeauX
I actually just did some flying with headphones the other week. Ultimately, closed headphones will not block out much noise even on a plane. It will block out the sound of people in general on the plane, but you'll still hear the plane itself. Those engines are just loud and vibrate you. I could hear it even with music playing to an extent. So be mindful that you're not upping the volume to compensate, you can damage your hearing doing that.
This is true. I really can't recommend anything but NC for plane rides. NC gets a lot of hate but on a plane they're your best friend. You can't really enjoy music on airplanes without them or a really good sealing IEM. To get the best, get NC IEMs! The absolute isolation you get from these is unreal.post #18 of 198/23/11 at 5:05am
Even with closed headphones, I don't think they block out the noise of a plane very well.
You're going to need canalphones or headphones with noise cancelling.
Etymotic IEM's are supposed to block out about 33-41 dB of external noise without active noise cancelling, but I've never actually used one myself (the 33-41 dB figure is from Etymotic themselves).post #19 of 198/23/11 at 10:37am
^Have you ever tried the HFI-780? It has one of the best external sound isolation. A little bulky like all headphones, but you have to compromise somewhere.
- Headphones for plane rides - $150 Budget
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 2 minutes ago
- › Any hope for browsing by Genre -> Album insead of Genre -> Song? 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a decent pair ;) 4 minutes ago
- › I don't feel any difference between AKG Q701 and Steelseries... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3