That's a great, affordable choice.
- productAudio Technica ATH-1tagged by System, 8/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 8/23/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11More
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/23/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/23/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/23/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/23/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI-780 VS Beyerdynamic DT 770 (DT 880 VS DT 990) Last post on 6/21/11 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do DT770/880/990 earpads fit on the Samson SR850? Last post on 9/28/13 at 11:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- m50 /srh840/ k24x/ ??? again (coming from dt770 pro 80 / sr80) Last post on 9/27/13 at 2:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I want to make my own DT880/DT990/DT770 earpad replacements. Who else wants to do this with me? Last post on 10/9/13 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Headphones for plane rides - $150 Budget - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 198/23/11 at 4:08amQuote:Originally Posted by MalVeauX
I actually just did some flying with headphones the other week. Ultimately, closed headphones will not block out much noise even on a plane. It will block out the sound of people in general on the plane, but you'll still hear the plane itself. Those engines are just loud and vibrate you. I could hear it even with music playing to an extent. So be mindful that you're not upping the volume to compensate, you can damage your hearing doing that.
This is true. I really can't recommend anything but NC for plane rides. NC gets a lot of hate but on a plane they're your best friend. You can't really enjoy music on airplanes without them or a really good sealing IEM. To get the best, get NC IEMs! The absolute isolation you get from these is unreal.post #18 of 198/23/11 at 5:05am
Even with closed headphones, I don't think they block out the noise of a plane very well.
You're going to need canalphones or headphones with noise cancelling.
Etymotic IEM's are supposed to block out about 33-41 dB of external noise without active noise cancelling, but I've never actually used one myself (the 33-41 dB figure is from Etymotic themselves).post #19 of 198/23/11 at 10:37am
^Have you ever tried the HFI-780? It has one of the best external sound isolation. A little bulky like all headphones, but you have to compromise somewhere.
- Headphones for plane rides - $150 Budget
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 6 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X with Carbon Fiber Headband 35 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 58 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 1 minute ago
- › Converting my sacd iso to flac 2 minutes ago
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 8 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...