someone i know is a total pc fanboy and says gaming on pc is superior in every way. i haven't played pc games online becuase i don't know enough about computers to build a decent gaming rig and i dont feel like buying a pre made one.
this is what i think i have gotton from looking up stuff:
- pc has better graphics
- better sound
- pc has more players allowed in one game (bf3 for example 64v64 vs console 12v12)
- pc is a more immersive experience due to larger maps and more players
- pc has fun mods you can make to games
- xbox has more people that have headsets and communicate more than pc (from what i hear, unless you have a group of people you always play with)
- on xbox teamwork is easier due to more people talking in game and less people in one match to have to communicat to.
- xbox has party chat so you can talk to friends playing other games without have to use another program like teamspeak.
- on xbox you can see what all your online friends are playing (from what i know, on pc you can only see a friend online if they are logged into the same game as you)
- on xbox you can see if your friends are online and what they are playing from your phone or from xbox.com
- on xbox you can see the last 100 people you have played with no matter what game you met them on.
- xbox you dont have to update hardware or worry about viruses and stuff which is a big deal if you don't know much about computers
- more of your friends more likely play xbox online than pc.
so what i get from this is that if you want to have the best graphics, sound, fun mods, more players in one match, and a more immersive then pc is for you. if you want to play with friends and easily connect with with people and overall just have a much better social experience, dont want to bother updating hardware or learning about it, want easlily turn on the console pop in a game without installing it and messing with other software and updates, worry about viruses and losing your whole gaming rig, and have more teamwork in a game then xbox is for you.
so it all depends on what your needs are.
what do you think? what did i miss?