This is a great thread, solved great part of my doubts about the IERM being compared to other customs.
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 9/6/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 9/6/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 9/6/11
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone ES5 vs JH Audio JH16 Last post on 3/30/11 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Seoul, Korea: Ear impressions / molds Last post on 4/4/13 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5 on the way, UE CAPITOL reference monitors too? Last post on 2/28/11 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget... Last post on 8/12/10 at 6:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added - Page 7
Poll Results: Which Custom IEM should I review next? I'll purchase them in the order of popularity :)This is a multiple choice poll
227 Total Votespost #91 of 1119/8/11 at 6:50pm
14% (33)Ultimate Ears Referene Monitor
14% (32)1964 Ears Quads
29% (68)UM Mircale
14% (34)UM Merlin
3% (7)UE 11Pro
6% (15)Westone ES3X
19% (45)JH16Pro + JH3A
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1119/14/11 at 1:07pmThread Starter
Just a quick update and some apologies!
Sorry for the lack of activity lately, been really busy with school.
On a side note my "Long" review for the UERM is now up, tho there really isn't much to say about this IEM since it isnt as flexible as other customs.
Another thing is my UM Miracles and Merlins should be arriving within the next two weeks so please look forward to them!
post #93 of 1119/14/11 at 1:42pm
Cool reviews, nice :)
Which source and media player / DAP whatever are you using with your UERM's? When you say most detailed, what do you mean more precisely?
p.s. take a photo of your UERM. :)post #94 of 1119/14/11 at 8:49pmThread Starter
For all my reviews I play my music through an iPod Classic 160Gb.
I will be buying a Hifiman 801 or 603 in the near future. I may or may not borrow my friends Colorfly C4 for tests too.
In terms of phones and such I currently have in my possession the Samsung Galaxy S2 and a iPhone 3Gs.
I'll upload pictures of the IEMs when I get a camera with a good macro mode, Probably the Canon G12.
Quote:post #95 of 1119/14/11 at 9:12pm
If you have the iPod Classic you should buy the Fostex HP P1 it seems like that's the best Amp/DAC for the iPod and also works really well with custom IEM's I read.post #96 of 1119/14/11 at 10:16pmpost #97 of 1119/15/11 at 3:02ampost #98 of 1119/15/11 at 3:25amQuote:
Do you use it at home or on the go? Is it even bulkier than in the videos and pictures? Thanks.
Sorry for digressing but, how old the ears do not grow or hardly grow anymore. Or what age do you recommend me to be before i can do customs, ignoring the price factor and re-shelling possibility. Oh and when you say air bubbles in the customs, you're talking the air bubbles that got in the acrylic whilst making the earpieces right? Sorry if this sounds really amateur-ish.post #99 of 1119/15/11 at 3:36ampost #100 of 1119/23/11 at 9:47ampost #101 of 11110/8/11 at 6:40pmFor listening Radiohead, which one do you think is better between ES5 and UERM, I wan't to really connected with Tom's music and voices.
If you ever heard a song called Hearing Damage from OST of Twilight maybe you could understand what I mean, that's typical of song that has very deep bass and somehow the synthesizer low bass sounds can give some short like electricity shocked to my heart beat , plus I wan't THX experiences on the soundstage, sorry for my bad Englishpost #102 of 11110/8/11 at 7:45pm
You can never get THX soundstaging on in-ear monitors. Even the mightiest full size headphones cant pull this off (well mostly) If you want THX, go buy some speakers cuz headphonesin general cannot do soundstages as articulate and lively as speakers.
Now back to the topic, based on your wants, Id say the ES5 is good to really feel the music cuz its got sweet mids dats really intimate for vocals, and its got pretty good bass performance (large bass driver). The UERM however is a chameleon, you can play anything with the UERM. Its designed as a monitoring tool so the sound you get is spot on accurate. Plus its probably the closest thing to a THX like soundstage for a headphone and the bass extension is very deep. However, it might sound cold and very analytical to some due to its accurate nature.
So its your pick, do you want the sweet and intimate musicality of the ES5 or do you want a dead accurate sound with one of the best soundstaging in the world of headphones? The ES5 is still very accurate and it has good soundstage performance btw while the UERM is just less intimate sounding and very neutral. You cant really go wrong wit eitherpost #103 of 11110/9/11 at 7:12pm
Just use some external XFi DSP for the Surround sound effect. You absolutely can get positional audio in IEMs but not from the IEM itself. Btw, THX has little or nothing to do w/ surround sound.
The ES5 is more viceral and emotive, it has that live 'presence.' It's more about the performance expeince.
UERM is more analytical but highly enjoyable. It's more about focusing on the recording.post #104 of 11111/13/11 at 2:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 17 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 37 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New... 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › W3 VERSUS W30 - - EXCITING NEWS! 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › The Unnecessary Impressions Thread: Cowon iAudio 7 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)