This is a great thread, solved great part of my doubts about the IERM being compared to other customs.
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 9/6/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 9/6/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 9/6/11
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone ES5 vs JH Audio JH16 Last post on 3/30/11 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Seoul, Korea: Ear impressions / molds Last post on 4/4/13 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone ES5 on the way, UE CAPITOL reference monitors too? Last post on 2/28/11 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget... Last post on 8/12/10 at 6:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added - Page 7
Poll Results: Which Custom IEM should I review next? I'll purchase them in the order of popularity :)This is a multiple choice poll
223 Total Votespost #91 of 1119/8/11 at 6:50pm
14% (32)Ultimate Ears Referene Monitor
14% (32)1964 Ears Quads
30% (67)UM Mircale
14% (33)UM Merlin
3% (7)UE 11Pro
6% (15)Westone ES3X
19% (44)JH16Pro + JH3A
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1119/14/11 at 1:07pmThread Starter
Just a quick update and some apologies!
Sorry for the lack of activity lately, been really busy with school.
On a side note my "Long" review for the UERM is now up, tho there really isn't much to say about this IEM since it isnt as flexible as other customs.
Another thing is my UM Miracles and Merlins should be arriving within the next two weeks so please look forward to them!
post #93 of 1119/14/11 at 1:42pm
Cool reviews, nice :)
Which source and media player / DAP whatever are you using with your UERM's? When you say most detailed, what do you mean more precisely?
p.s. take a photo of your UERM. :)post #94 of 1119/14/11 at 8:49pmThread Starter
For all my reviews I play my music through an iPod Classic 160Gb.
I will be buying a Hifiman 801 or 603 in the near future. I may or may not borrow my friends Colorfly C4 for tests too.
In terms of phones and such I currently have in my possession the Samsung Galaxy S2 and a iPhone 3Gs.
I'll upload pictures of the IEMs when I get a camera with a good macro mode, Probably the Canon G12.
Quote:post #95 of 1119/14/11 at 9:12pm
If you have the iPod Classic you should buy the Fostex HP P1 it seems like that's the best Amp/DAC for the iPod and also works really well with custom IEM's I read.post #96 of 1119/14/11 at 10:16pmpost #97 of 1119/15/11 at 3:02ampost #98 of 1119/15/11 at 3:25amQuote:
Do you use it at home or on the go? Is it even bulkier than in the videos and pictures? Thanks.
Sorry for digressing but, how old the ears do not grow or hardly grow anymore. Or what age do you recommend me to be before i can do customs, ignoring the price factor and re-shelling possibility. Oh and when you say air bubbles in the customs, you're talking the air bubbles that got in the acrylic whilst making the earpieces right? Sorry if this sounds really amateur-ish.post #99 of 1119/15/11 at 3:36ampost #100 of 1119/23/11 at 9:47ampost #101 of 11110/8/11 at 6:40pmFor listening Radiohead, which one do you think is better between ES5 and UERM, I wan't to really connected with Tom's music and voices.
If you ever heard a song called Hearing Damage from OST of Twilight maybe you could understand what I mean, that's typical of song that has very deep bass and somehow the synthesizer low bass sounds can give some short like electricity shocked to my heart beat , plus I wan't THX experiences on the soundstage, sorry for my bad Englishpost #102 of 11110/8/11 at 7:45pm
You can never get THX soundstaging on in-ear monitors. Even the mightiest full size headphones cant pull this off (well mostly) If you want THX, go buy some speakers cuz headphonesin general cannot do soundstages as articulate and lively as speakers.
Now back to the topic, based on your wants, Id say the ES5 is good to really feel the music cuz its got sweet mids dats really intimate for vocals, and its got pretty good bass performance (large bass driver). The UERM however is a chameleon, you can play anything with the UERM. Its designed as a monitoring tool so the sound you get is spot on accurate. Plus its probably the closest thing to a THX like soundstage for a headphone and the bass extension is very deep. However, it might sound cold and very analytical to some due to its accurate nature.
So its your pick, do you want the sweet and intimate musicality of the ES5 or do you want a dead accurate sound with one of the best soundstaging in the world of headphones? The ES5 is still very accurate and it has good soundstage performance btw while the UERM is just less intimate sounding and very neutral. You cant really go wrong wit eitherpost #103 of 11110/9/11 at 7:12pm
Just use some external XFi DSP for the Surround sound effect. You absolutely can get positional audio in IEMs but not from the IEM itself. Btw, THX has little or nothing to do w/ surround sound.
The ES5 is more viceral and emotive, it has that live 'presence.' It's more about the performance expeince.
UERM is more analytical but highly enjoyable. It's more about focusing on the recording.post #104 of 11111/13/11 at 2:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 14 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 26 seconds ago
- › FS: JKenny Ciunas DAC 55 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › sonus faber extrema in house 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 4 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob