Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added - Page 4

Poll Results: Which Custom IEM should I review next? I'll purchase them in the order of popularity :)

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 14% (32)
    Ultimate Ears Referene Monitor
  • 14% (32)
    1964 Ears Quads
  • 29% (67)
    UM Mircale
  • 14% (33)
    UM Merlin
  • 3% (7)
    UE 11Pro
  • 6% (15)
    Westone ES3X
  • 20% (45)
    JH16Pro + JH3A
224 Total Votes  
post #46 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Kid View Post

 

Indeed. Photos are the only thing missing in my opinion! They complete every review cool.gif

Too bad you sold all your camera gear to buy all this huh? evil_smiley.gif

 

And a kidney... don't forget the kidney... biggrin.gif

post #47 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronz View Post




I beg to differ.

 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

 

Ditto.


 

any reason or care to explain? 

 

 

 

even my lowly shure se210 remold sound better than any of the top tier universal iem.  amp or no amp. 

post #48 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Kid View Post

     Quote:


I assume you guys are taking advantage of the 20% off deal currently offered by UM Aus?



with the currency rate, 20% doesn't really mean anything at all.  anyway, i did vote um mircale but i'm also interest in merlin as well because i got um4(from the um family, not westone) and um4 sound excellent.  got them couple years ago and incredible value(i believe it was like 2800 HK dollar, or around 360 dollars)

post #49 of 111
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhuang View Post





 




 

any reason or care to explain? 

 

 

 

even my lowly shure se210 remold sound better than any of the top tier universal iem.  amp or no amp. 

 

 

You do realize they said that Universal IEMs can compete with Custom IEMs right?

Furthermore I've also owned a pair of Shure SE210s and in no way shape or form can they even surpass Ultimate Ears and Westone flagship Universal IEMs ;
UE Triple Fi
Westone 4s,3s and Um3x.

So I really don't know what you're saying here.


And guys.. I didn't sell my kidney :P


I think I'll be able to post a long review of the UERM by the 11th? 
Got wayyyy to much work right now in school.

IB is a ***** :/
 

 

post #50 of 111

i did realize that.  look up again, i said shure se210 "REMOLD"

post #51 of 111
Just putting universal inards into a custom shell doesn't make them better than top tier universals. It doesn't even necessarily make them better than their stock universal counterpart. If you enjoy them more than anything you've heard, that's all that matters but you are not going to convince many around here they're better. Been there, done that, sold the result.
post #52 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Just putting universal inards into a custom shell doesn't make them better than top tier universals. It doesn't even necessarily make them better than their stock universal counterpart. If you enjoy them more than anything you've heard, that's all that matters but you are not going to convince many around here they're better. Been there, done that, sold the result.


i've "been there done that" too.  what was the universal iem you remold before?  maybe i was lucky?  maybe single driver is easier to get good/better result?  shure se210 was my least favorite or actually i hated it(that's the reason i took the dive and remold it).  when i got the remold.  it's still shure se210.  high roll off, acceptable mids but still muddy and very little bass but still boomy.  the difference, main difference was, a remold shure 210 was, like fm radio and those universal iem are just like am radio.  universal iem basically sound, flat. 

post #53 of 111
UE TF10. Some people like it better reshelled but I definitely preferred stock.
post #54 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffroyroycole View Post

So no photos. You don't even have a smartphone camera?
 



 


we'd like some pictures.  we(i) love looking at them picturesredface.gif

 

post #55 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhuang View Post

 

i've "been there done that" too.  what was the universal iem you remold before?  maybe i was lucky?  maybe single driver is easier to get good/better result?  shure se210 was my least favorite or actually i hated it(that's the reason i took the dive and remold it).  when i got the remold.  it's still shure se210.  high roll off, acceptable mids but still muddy and very little bass but still boomy.  the difference, main difference was, a remold shure 210 was, like fm radio and those universal iem are just like am radio.  universal iem basically sound, flat. 

 

blink.gif I don't wish to derail this thread my friend, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Universal in-ears come in an enormous number of flavors, as do customs. The above statement is almost too vague to even consider relevant. Sure, I've no trouble believeing that of the universals you've personally heard, you find them to sound flat. But to make a general statement such as the one above, and the previous one regarding ANY top tier IEM is pointless, unless of course you've heard just about ANY said top-tier/custom, in which case the two statements may be of some relevance. I respect your opinion of course, but it is just that, merely an opinion. Such facts/generalities are scarce around these parts my friend, because there are an infinite number of variables to consider, and no two listeners perceive the EXACT same sound, per se. I won't mention anything further, and don't take this negatively. Much like you, I'm merely stating my opinion. PM me anytime you wish to my friend; I'm always open to conversation. smile.gif

 

And yes, patiently awaiting pictures myself. biggrin.gif


Edited by i2ehan - 8/25/11 at 1:05pm
post #56 of 111

Great thread man!  Quite an undertaking.  I voted 3A as it's the only one that is radically different in design and technology.  Too bad you already have 16's.  You should ask them to make you a box and tune your pieces for review purposes.

post #57 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

Great thread man!  Quite an undertaking.  I voted 3A as it's the only one that is radically different in design and technology.  Too bad you already have 16's.  You should ask them to make you a box and tune your pieces for review purposes.

confused_face(1).gif Care to explain please?

post #58 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

confused_face(1).gif Care to explain please?


All JH16s have to be tuned to the individual JH3A DSP/Amp in question.

 

For review purposes meaning they let him use his JH16 rather than buy another.  JHA no longer offers JH16 upgrades on the 3A.

 


Edited by Anaxilus - 8/25/11 at 3:09pm
post #59 of 111

Oh, I see. Thank you for clarifying. smile.gif

post #60 of 111
Nice review! Good job :P lol I wonder what are you going to do with so many customs!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added