Apologies if this is a stupid question, but can I connect my iPod Classic to a Schiit Bifrost using just the regular iPod charging cable, or would I need a dock or something similar?
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 10/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit stack wanted! - Bitfrost + Amp (See inside) Last post on 1/21/15 at 8:36am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all Last post on 11/27/14 at 7:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit Bifrost Uber with USB 2.0 AND Schiit Valhalla with extra set of tubes Last post on 8/15/14 at 6:41pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Headphone Amp with Bookshelf Speaker outputs Last post on 6/26/14 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Connecting Schiit Bifrost to iPod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You cannot connect directly your iPod to the Schiit Bifrost, which is not an iPod-compliant DAC.
You should use an iPod digital out dock or transport like the Pure i-20 between your iPod and the Schiit Bifrost.
You only use the internal DAC in the i20 if you connect to it using the RCA outs on the i20. Any of the S/PDIF jacks (optical or coaxial) will deliver the digital bitstream to the Bifrost for decoding.
- Connecting Schiit Bifrost to iPod
- › JDS Labs Objective 2/ODAC Combo Unit with Rear Power, 1/4" Output,... 1 second ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 (First post last... 19 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 35 seconds ago
- › Xonar U3 and PC 360 Settings 46 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 49 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 54 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Setting Up a Streaming Server 1 minute ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3