Apologies if this is a stupid question, but can I connect my iPod Classic to a Schiit Bifrost using just the regular iPod charging cable, or would I need a dock or something similar?
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 10/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all Last post on 9/20/14 at 5:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Bifrost Uber with USB 2.0 AND Schiit Valhalla with extra set of tubes Last post on 8/15/14 at 6:41pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Headphone Amp with Bookshelf Speaker outputs Last post on 6/26/14 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Over Ear Closed Headphones with Schiit Vahalla/Bifrost Last post on 6/10/14 at 6:29pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for Mr. Speaker Alpha Dogs and Schiit Bifrost (mostly for vocal jazz) Last post on 5/7/14 at 10:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Connecting Schiit Bifrost to iPod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You cannot connect directly your iPod to the Schiit Bifrost, which is not an iPod-compliant DAC.
You should use an iPod digital out dock or transport like the Pure i-20 between your iPod and the Schiit Bifrost.
You only use the internal DAC in the i20 if you connect to it using the RCA outs on the i20. Any of the S/PDIF jacks (optical or coaxial) will deliver the digital bitstream to the Bifrost for decoding.
- Connecting Schiit Bifrost to iPod
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 16 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 42 seconds ago
- › Orgy of Capacitors: The Cap Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › [Review] InEar SD-2, a $450 dual driver IEM worth every penny to my... 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)