Apologies if this is a stupid question, but can I connect my iPod Classic to a Schiit Bifrost using just the regular iPod charging cable, or would I need a dock or something similar?
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 10/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp dac combo unit under $1000 Last post on 2/16/15 at 6:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650's looking for a new headphone amp Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit stack wanted! - Bitfrost + Amp (See inside) Last post on 1/21/15 at 8:36am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all Last post on 11/27/14 at 7:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
Connecting Schiit Bifrost to iPod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You cannot connect directly your iPod to the Schiit Bifrost, which is not an iPod-compliant DAC.
You should use an iPod digital out dock or transport like the Pure i-20 between your iPod and the Schiit Bifrost.
You only use the internal DAC in the i20 if you connect to it using the RCA outs on the i20. Any of the S/PDIF jacks (optical or coaxial) will deliver the digital bitstream to the Bifrost for decoding.
- Connecting Schiit Bifrost to iPod
- › FS: PeachTree DacITx 33 seconds ago
- › How do you collect music? 58 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Planar magnetic ? 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tube Amp Recommendation for Beyerdynamic T1 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Have you ever heard sound coming from the front with headphones. 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2