Apologies if this is a stupid question, but can I connect my iPod Classic to a Schiit Bifrost using just the regular iPod charging cable, or would I need a dock or something similar?
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 10/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all Last post on 9/20/14 at 5:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Bifrost Uber with USB 2.0 AND Schiit Valhalla with extra set of tubes Last post on 8/15/14 at 6:41pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Headphone Amp with Bookshelf Speaker outputs Last post on 6/26/14 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Over Ear Closed Headphones with Schiit Vahalla/Bifrost Last post on 6/10/14 at 6:29pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for Mr. Speaker Alpha Dogs and Schiit Bifrost (mostly for vocal jazz) Last post on 5/7/14 at 10:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Connecting Schiit Bifrost to iPod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You cannot connect directly your iPod to the Schiit Bifrost, which is not an iPod-compliant DAC.
You should use an iPod digital out dock or transport like the Pure i-20 between your iPod and the Schiit Bifrost.
You only use the internal DAC in the i20 if you connect to it using the RCA outs on the i20. Any of the S/PDIF jacks (optical or coaxial) will deliver the digital bitstream to the Bifrost for decoding.
- Connecting Schiit Bifrost to iPod
- › Audio Technica A900 repair help! 7 seconds ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 39 seconds ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Maestro 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)