New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kansas City, MO/KS meet anyone? - Page 9

post #121 of 136

Completely forgot about this thread. I know school is back on, but we can try again to get something going This Winter break. The Library may be a good Idea. The "Bluford Branch" room looks to be the most useful. If the golden squares on the ground are outlets. If we can get a new headcount of who all would be willing to go, getting the 80 dollars for a full day should be pretty easy from a big enough group. Lets see if there is enough interest in this still. 

 

Based on size maybe someone local may be able to host or know somewhere we could hold a mini meet-up. My arsenal of audio has grown a bit from my last post so I do have more to offer this time around. 

 

 

cheers

post #122 of 136

You can definitely count me in to participate. My collection is small and purely portable but I'll bring what I got ;-)

post #123 of 136

A friend and I would still be interested in a meet in KC (we're both in Wichita).

post #124 of 136

Ok so that makes a total of 4. Easily a mini meet-up. I sent pm's to people from these thread that were from the area so lets give them a week or so to see before we start making anything to official. Once we hammer out location, we can start a fresh  thread with current info and what all everyone is bringing. 

 

 

cheers

post #125 of 136

I was looking at them or the 600 for my next set. I do need to burn in the 598's a bit though, they are brand new.

3.gif

post #126 of 136
I'm still interested. If a new thread is started, please link it here so it shows up in my email subscriptions.
post #127 of 136
Subbed - I'm in NE and would be willing to drive down there depending on the timing. I will be in town for a few days at the end of November... wink.gif
post #128 of 136

Still not sure on a place in KC to meet. Someone did link : http://www.kclibrary.org/space/meeting-rooms  before. I have looked a bit, but if anyone has better ideas we are all ears. The main concern would be enough power/outlets to power all the gear. Of the links above the Bluford Branch looks like one of the best option if this gets decently big. If smaller maybe the Waldo Small or Large rooms. 

post #129 of 136

I kind of wish I could justify driving to KC just to visit and listen to headphones.

I'm in St. Louis :( But, I have always wanted to check KC out. 

post #130 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislangley4253 View Post

I kind of wish I could justify driving to KC just to visit and listen to headphones.


I'm in St. Louis frown.gif But, I have always wanted to check KC out. 

St. Louis isn't too far away... but it would be a pain to drive there and back in one day. Don't have any friends or family you can stay with?
post #131 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy View Post


St. Louis isn't too far away... but it would be a pain to drive there and back in one day. Don't have any friends or family you can stay with?

Unfortunately not :(

post #132 of 136
My drive is under 3 hours, but I would crash at a friend or family's house rather than drive back.... Back to the topic though, do you guys have any dates picked out?
post #133 of 136
Thread Starter 

I really don't have any gear to bring to the table anymore, I decided to put my money towards actual music (I'm pretty young, a high school teen doesn't need to be putting his money to equipment as much when he already has a nice stereo and only like 200 albums of music to listen to :o)

 

I have my PS Audio DLIII DAC to bring. And I'm still interested in hearing other stuff, just not buying or anything. Let me know what happens.

post #134 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy View Post

My drive is under 3 hours, but I would crash at a friend or family's house rather than drive back.... Back to the topic though, do you guys have any dates picked out?

As of now it looks like it would be a smaller meet up so it would be best to try to see if we can fit it in for everyone. I was thinking sometime around Christmas break as that would be when many might be free. I'm kinda down whenever if it's on fri, sat, or sun. 

post #135 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCxSmacker View Post

As of now it looks like it would be a smaller meet up so it would be best to try to see if we can fit it in for everyone. I was thinking sometime around Christmas break as that would be when many might be free. I'm kinda down whenever if it's on fri, sat, or sun. 

I am absolutely not suggesting you should plan the event around my schedule... but I gotta throw this out there, I work retail. So December is out for me. After January 1, I am flexible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: