Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- GoVibe Porta Tube+ valve headphone amp/USB DAC in review - beautiful in blue Last post on 6/19/12 at 4:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good deal on NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fostex HP-P1 or a Pico Slim for custom IEMS? Last post on 6/3/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
- Headphone Impedance
Muse Portable Tube Amplifier - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That does look interersting.... Sadly, I too am no electronics engineer, and am unsure what most of it does. Any one out there that can shed some light on this?
Hehe, thank you. Well. at least from an unexperienced standpoint, it looks like high quality - I mean if it had said ALO or iBasso or something, I wouldn't have doubted it. I kinda wanna take the chance and buy it... But I'm not completely sure - would be great if someone who has a clue about this stuff could take a look at it... :P
Found a little info / impression from another thread:
I like it alot, Very low noise floor, very airy and spacious soundstage that compliments my Q701's extreamly well. Build quality is good, i wish the tube was better stabilized. I have never listened to the Continental so i cant compare the two, but for the money it was well worth it.
A bit more:
Thanks! Just three more questions, though:
(i) You say you wish the tube was better stabilized. Do you mean it is micrphonic? If so, how bad is it - is it usable on a train or plane, for instance?
(ii) Is the battery life really only 6 hours from fully charged? Can you at least listen while it is charging? How long does it take to charge from empty?
(iii) Is it suitable for use with IEMs (e.g. Ety HF5s), or is the gain too high?
I havent had any microphonics from the tube itself, but It would make me feel better if it were better secured although there could be arguements for it NOT being secured as well. I guess since it is not really giving me an issue, it's not an issue :-)
I have gotten 5+ hours out of it; I dont like to run a battery until it is dead. I have not listened while charging. There is no indicator as to when the unit is fully charged, so I usually charge it overnight (6+ hrs)
I have a pair of Ultimate Ears Triplefi10's and they are outstanding.
The only cavaet I can think of is heat. This sucker gets WARM, nearly hot. I could envision overheating the unit if it was placed in to a less than ideal ventilation situation.
Edited by cogsand gears - 2/10/12 at 12:58pm
- Muse Portable Tube Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 55 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 6 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 7 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)