Hello. I have a pair of UM3X and i'm thinking of getting a portable amp from Fiio. Has anyone tried UM3X with E11? Appreciate your opinion :)
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e11 vs Ibasso t3-t5 Last post on 12/29/11 at 11:46am in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio e7 or e11? Last post on 8/16/11 at 2:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Based in the reviews I read here I purchased the SR80i last July 2012. I thought they were way to bright, or as someone else said "ice picks" in the ears. I thought perhaps I needed an amp - and...
One channel of my Denon 250 pre-amp/amp set failed several times per listening session. So I bought the SMSL SA-98 in Hong Kong for a mere € 98,99 including transport. The trip from Hong Kong to...
Introduction First, I’d like to thank the folks at HiSoundAudio for sending me a sample of the Wooduo 2 in ear monitors for review. HiSoundAudio is a Chinese based headphone and earphone...
UM3X + E11?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/19/11 at 4:22pmpost #3 of 98/19/11 at 5:38pmpost #4 of 98/19/11 at 7:48pmThread Starterpost #5 of 98/19/11 at 10:37pm
not necessary, the amp will make a difference, its just the difference in sound might not reflect the price you paid for. That said, the difference in SQ is going to be slight but its definitely there. It really depends if you want that extra 10% in SQ for a large premium.post #6 of 98/20/11 at 8:56pmThread Starter
yea that is true. the price paid to squeeze that extra bit of juice out of the iem may not be proportional which is why i wanted to start with some entry level amp instead of going big :) have you ever tried your um3x with the jds cmoy amp? i read the forums it seem like a good entry level amp too :) thank your for your sharing.post #7 of 98/21/11 at 12:45pm
I didn't get a chance to try the JDS cmoy but I did try its competitor the PA2v2 which was a great amp and definitely gives a stronger low end to the um3x. The Ibasso T3 is slightly better in all aspects, more balanced and all around but I chose it due to the size and portability of it. Pa2v2 is small but its thick and chunky. However i think the pa2v2 made a much more difference with Grados or other headphones.post #8 of 910/3/11 at 12:41pmpost #9 of 910/3/11 at 2:41pm
try a DAC instead, makes more of a difference.
- UM3X + E11?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 1 minute ago
- › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio 1 minute ago
- › Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!) 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cheap AMP for my headphone 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K501 love... 3 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › QUAD'S NEW "JECKLIN FLOAT QA" HEADPHONES COMING TO THE NEW YORK... 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Firestone Tobby by project86
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe