Hello. I have a pair of UM3X and i'm thinking of getting a portable amp from Fiio. Has anyone tried UM3X with E11? Appreciate your opinion :)
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e11 vs Ibasso t3-t5 Last post on 12/29/11 at 11:46am in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio e7 or e11? Last post on 8/16/11 at 2:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
UM3X + E11?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/19/11 at 4:22pmpost #3 of 98/19/11 at 5:38pmpost #4 of 98/19/11 at 7:48pmThread Starterpost #5 of 98/19/11 at 10:37pm
not necessary, the amp will make a difference, its just the difference in sound might not reflect the price you paid for. That said, the difference in SQ is going to be slight but its definitely there. It really depends if you want that extra 10% in SQ for a large premium.post #6 of 98/20/11 at 8:56pmThread Starter
yea that is true. the price paid to squeeze that extra bit of juice out of the iem may not be proportional which is why i wanted to start with some entry level amp instead of going big :) have you ever tried your um3x with the jds cmoy amp? i read the forums it seem like a good entry level amp too :) thank your for your sharing.post #7 of 98/21/11 at 12:45pm
I didn't get a chance to try the JDS cmoy but I did try its competitor the PA2v2 which was a great amp and definitely gives a stronger low end to the um3x. The Ibasso T3 is slightly better in all aspects, more balanced and all around but I chose it due to the size and portability of it. Pa2v2 is small but its thick and chunky. However i think the pa2v2 made a much more difference with Grados or other headphones.post #8 of 910/3/11 at 12:41pmpost #9 of 910/3/11 at 2:41pm
try a DAC instead, makes more of a difference.
- UM3X + E11?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Why do we pay $300 for headphones that cost $30 to manufacture? 28 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 4 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 7 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...