Hello. I have a pair of UM3X and i'm thinking of getting a portable amp from Fiio. Has anyone tried UM3X with E11? Appreciate your opinion :)
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e11 vs Ibasso t3-t5 Last post on 12/29/11 at 11:46am in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio e7 or e11? Last post on 8/16/11 at 2:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
UM3X + E11?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/19/11 at 4:22pmpost #3 of 98/19/11 at 5:38pmpost #4 of 98/19/11 at 7:48pmThread Starterpost #5 of 98/19/11 at 10:37pm
not necessary, the amp will make a difference, its just the difference in sound might not reflect the price you paid for. That said, the difference in SQ is going to be slight but its definitely there. It really depends if you want that extra 10% in SQ for a large premium.post #6 of 98/20/11 at 8:56pmThread Starter
yea that is true. the price paid to squeeze that extra bit of juice out of the iem may not be proportional which is why i wanted to start with some entry level amp instead of going big :) have you ever tried your um3x with the jds cmoy amp? i read the forums it seem like a good entry level amp too :) thank your for your sharing.post #7 of 98/21/11 at 12:45pm
I didn't get a chance to try the JDS cmoy but I did try its competitor the PA2v2 which was a great amp and definitely gives a stronger low end to the um3x. The Ibasso T3 is slightly better in all aspects, more balanced and all around but I chose it due to the size and portability of it. Pa2v2 is small but its thick and chunky. However i think the pa2v2 made a much more difference with Grados or other headphones.post #8 of 910/3/11 at 12:41pmpost #9 of 910/3/11 at 2:41pm
try a DAC instead, makes more of a difference.
- UM3X + E11?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Schiit Owners Unite 21 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 39 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 54 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Cheapest CIEMs? 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear