Hello. I have a pair of UM3X and i'm thinking of getting a portable amp from Fiio. Has anyone tried UM3X with E11? Appreciate your opinion :)
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e11 vs Ibasso t3-t5 Last post on 12/29/11 at 11:46am in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio e7 or e11? Last post on 8/16/11 at 2:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
UM3X + E11?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/19/11 at 4:22pmpost #3 of 98/19/11 at 5:38pmpost #4 of 98/19/11 at 7:48pmThread Starterpost #5 of 98/19/11 at 10:37pm
not necessary, the amp will make a difference, its just the difference in sound might not reflect the price you paid for. That said, the difference in SQ is going to be slight but its definitely there. It really depends if you want that extra 10% in SQ for a large premium.post #6 of 98/20/11 at 8:56pmThread Starter
yea that is true. the price paid to squeeze that extra bit of juice out of the iem may not be proportional which is why i wanted to start with some entry level amp instead of going big :) have you ever tried your um3x with the jds cmoy amp? i read the forums it seem like a good entry level amp too :) thank your for your sharing.post #7 of 98/21/11 at 12:45pm
I didn't get a chance to try the JDS cmoy but I did try its competitor the PA2v2 which was a great amp and definitely gives a stronger low end to the um3x. The Ibasso T3 is slightly better in all aspects, more balanced and all around but I chose it due to the size and portability of it. Pa2v2 is small but its thick and chunky. However i think the pa2v2 made a much more difference with Grados or other headphones.post #8 of 910/3/11 at 12:41pmpost #9 of 910/3/11 at 2:41pm
try a DAC instead, makes more of a difference.
- UM3X + E11?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Crack with Speedball 51 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Review tour for SOUNDAWARE 2016M1 / M1Pro(femto)... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 7 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard+Emerald Physics Dac Combo 7 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 & Dunu DN-2000J 8 minutes ago
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...