Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire - Page 145

post #2161 of 2263

Did you find dust spots from the ventilation holes? Was this the first time that you gave it a thorough internal dusting?

post #2162 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post

Cleaned out the dust today.  Boring post for sure.  Slid off the cover and blew out the dust and used micro-fiber cloth to get the rest.  Not exactly like the inside of a desktop computer w/huge dust but worth doing.  Anyone here get to A/B the LF with the LG?

Okay, shouldn't this be posted in the "Dust Build-Up" thread???  Could a moderator move this?

 

 

. . .

 

jk biggrin.gif

post #2163 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post

Did you find dust spots from the ventilation holes? Was this the first time that you gave it a thorough internal dusting?

Yes there were dust spots along the top supporting rails.  The perspex windows were a bit dusty as well.  I'd given it a cursory cleaning a while back but this was the first thorough one.  How's all with you Clayton?

post #2164 of 2263

I just purchased an LF from the FS forums. Can't wait to hear it with HD800's and LCD2's.

 

I was wondering if anyone here knows what kind of signal wiring is used?

post #2165 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post

Yes there were dust spots along the top supporting rails.  The perspex windows were a bit dusty as well.  I'd given it a cursory cleaning a while back but this was the first thorough one.  How's all with you Clayton?


I'm doing great! I am still listening to the stock tubes. Each tube has two dampers on it. Which tubes are you using in your LF?

post #2166 of 2263

Stock as well.  Do the dampers make a difference?  Which do you use?

post #2167 of 2263

Wow!  The Liquid Gold is going to retail at $6450.  Got to hear it!

post #2168 of 2263

Well, so the Liquid Gold's appearance at the NYC audio show in The Cable Company's tables with JPS Labs new Abyss headphones was a few hours ahead of me. :)

 

LAu is open for orders and there is information at:

 

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/index.php?p=product_details&pId=9

 

More information to come.

 

Many thanks to CableCo and JPS Labs for letting the LAu be at their show.
 


Edited by runeight - 4/9/13 at 8:52pm
Dr. Cavalli gained notoriety with his first DIY amplifier projects. His success has blossomed into Cavalli Audio, a world leader in amplifier design.
Reply
post #2169 of 2263

I realise this is a differential design and parts counts is high, but that’s a lot of coin to say the least, is there an RK50 under the hood or some exotic parts pushing the price up?

 

  

post #2170 of 2263

Dang, $6450 for the Liquid Gold? Why would someone pay that much when the HeadAmp GS-X MK2 is less than half the price, has almost every feature to match (with the notable exception of the lack of phase inverters), has better build quality, and also has enough power output to effectively drive most hard-to-drive headphones? (i.e., is the 9W @ 50 Ohms of the Liquid Gold really necessary for any headphones out there?)

 

Plus IMO, anyone who buys a balanced amp with internal phase inverters is just shooting himself in the foot and subtracting from the sound quality. I've said it before and will say it again: the proper way to go balanced is with a dual-differential/balanced source component!


Edited by Asr - 4/10/13 at 12:14am
post #2171 of 2263

I mean, some people think the HE-6 only sounds good with 100wpc+

 

rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

Dang, $6450 for the Liquid Gold? Why would someone pay that much when the HeadAmp GS-X MK2 is less than half the price, has almost every feature to match (with the notable exception of the lack of phase inverters), has better build quality, and also has enough power output to effectively drive most hard-to-drive headphones? (i.e., is the 9W @ 50 Ohms of the Liquid Gold really necessary for any headphones out there?)

 

Plus IMO, anyone who buys a balanced amp with internal phase inverters is just shooting himself in the foot and subtracting from the sound quality. I've said it before and will say it again: the proper way to go balanced is with a dual-differential/balanced source component!

post #2172 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

Dang, $6450 for the Liquid Gold? Why would someone pay that much when the HeadAmp GS-X MK2 is less than half the price, has almost every feature to match (with the notable exception of the lack of phase inverters), has better build quality, and also has enough power output to effectively drive most hard-to-drive headphones? (i.e., is the 9W @ 50 Ohms of the Liquid Gold really necessary for any headphones out there?)

 

Plus IMO, anyone who buys a balanced amp with internal phase inverters is just shooting himself in the foot and subtracting from the sound quality. I've said it before and will say it again: the proper way to go balanced is with a dual-differential/balanced source component!

 



Not sure if there is a misunderstanding here, but if you are saying what I think you are I actually agree. The LAu is a dual differential amplifier, one amp per channel. It has two fully differential inputs and one SE input. The SE does indeed have a splitter internally to create a differential signal. The balanced inputs, obviously, go directly into the amps.

Dr. Cavalli gained notoriety with his first DIY amplifier projects. His success has blossomed into Cavalli Audio, a world leader in amplifier design.
Reply
post #2173 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

 has better build quality

 

so you are intimately familiar with the new lineup = have you even seen the quality of these amps ? 

 

no I didn't think so, this is just the type of picture bashing one might have anticipated. 

post #2174 of 2263

After finally seeing a BHSE in person the build quality is indeed impressive, but the new line of Cavalli amps is just as well built. Thicker panels all around, better finishes, the whole nine yards.

 

Build quality should not be a deciding factor between HeadAmp and Cavalli amps anymore.

post #2175 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwmclean View Post

Best thing you could expect from this is a quad TKD pot which is 1/6 the cost of RK50.

I suppose this amp is just like the other ones, everything in one chassis?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire