Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire - Page 144

post #2146 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post

Has anyone here listened to the Liquid Gold?  I understand that a few have had the privilege of a proto-listen.

Any of the lucky few who have heard the prototype able to offer a comparison with the Dark Star?

post #2147 of 2263

I can almost  guaranty that anyone who has heard the LAu has little to no experience with the DS , let alone heard them within a reasonable time frame to one another. I didn't particularly like the edgy character of the DS at the 2 meets I have heard it , it sounds like a "high feedback" amp to me; limited detail ( microdynamics ), narrow soundstage and "edgy". The LAu is nothing of the sort but these sort of subjective opinions will only be more widely available after its official release and some exposure. 

 

The next revision of the LF however ......... I am looking forward to hear this one! It is promising to be a real killer amplifier , Alex's hiatus has perhaps been beneficial to this design as he has completely revamped the design, one might even consider it a different amp 

 

..dB

post #2148 of 2263

So will the LAu and the LF mkII have anything in common as far as the amp design?

post #2149 of 2263

absolutely, they were both designed by Cavalli 

 

 

sorry , couldn't resist ;) 

 

..dB

post #2150 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by dBel84 View Post

Alex's hiatus has perhaps been beneficial to this design as he has completely revamped the design, one might even consider it a different amp 

 

..dB

 

Well, I guess I was referring to this.

post #2151 of 2263

Alex specifies some of the differences between the LF MK1 and MKII here.

post #2152 of 2263

It's basically the same idea but better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post

Alex specifies some of the differences between the LF MK1 and MKII here.

post #2153 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by dBel84 View Post

I can almost  guaranty that anyone who has heard the LAu has little to no experience with the DS , let alone heard them within a reasonable time frame to one another. I didn't particularly like the edgy character of the DS at the 2 meets I have heard it , it sounds like a "high feedback" amp to me; limited detail ( microdynamics ), narrow soundstage and "edgy". The LAu is nothing of the sort but these sort of subjective opinions will only be more widely available after its official release and some exposure. 

 

The next revision of the LF however ......... I am looking forward to hear this one! It is promising to be a real killer amplifier , Alex's hiatus has perhaps been beneficial to this design as he has completely revamped the design, one might even consider it a different amp 

 

..dB

Thank you, very helpful.

post #2154 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by dBel84 View Post

....... I didn't particularly like the edgy character of the DS at the 2 meets I have heard it , it sounds like a "high feedback" amp to me; limited detail ( microdynamics ), narrow soundstage and "edgy".......

I have not found this to be true in my case. I am using an Invicta DAC with VeraStarr Grand Illusion interconnects into a RS Dark Star and it is audio bliss. Pin sharp instrument/voice location in a broadened soundstage, detail and micro dynamics far superior to the other amps I compared the DS to. Detail level is quite remarkable and no 'edgyness' at all. YMMV of course, but my experience with the DS is that it is exemplary in my system driving LCD2s and LCD3s.

post #2155 of 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZagatoV12 View Post

I have not found this to be true in my case. I am using an Invicta DAC with VeraStarr Grand Illusion interconnects into a RS Dark Star and it is audio bliss. Pin sharp instrument/voice location in a broadened soundstage, detail and micro dynamics far superior to the other amps I compared the DS to. Detail level is quite remarkable and no 'edgyness' at all. YMMV of course, but my experience with the DS is that it is exemplary in my system driving LCD2s and LCD3s.

Thanks for the input.

post #2156 of 2263

I just got a LF, but haven't opened it yet.  Just wondering - is it ok to unplug and plug the source input while the amp is running?  I would never do it on a speaker preamp, but I'm not familiar enough with head gear.

post #2157 of 2263

no concerns with the LF , but good to ask :) ..dB

post #2158 of 2263

Deleted


Edited by SoundFreaq - 3/18/13 at 2:18pm
post #2159 of 2263

Hey guys,

 

An LF up for grabs :) See signature

post #2160 of 2263

Cleaned out the dust today.  Boring post for sure.  Slid off the cover and blew out the dust and used micro-fiber cloth to get the rest.  Not exactly like the inside of a desktop computer w/huge dust but worth doing.  Anyone here get to A/B the LF with the LG?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire