Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 2/28/14 at 3:29am in High-end Audio Forum
- did anyone review the Cavalli audio Liquid fire? Last post on 4/4/12 at 12:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800? Last post on 9/20/11 at 10:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Has anyone pre-ordered the Cavalli Liquid Fire amp Last post on 4/20/11 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire - Page 142post #2116 of 224212/30/12 at 6:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2117 of 224212/30/12 at 8:14pmpost #2118 of 224212/30/12 at 8:15pmpost #2119 of 224212/30/12 at 8:49pm
I saw Delaney and Bonnie in concert back in the early 70s and they had a Leslie Organ (I may have told you that). My mother kept saying, "What is that thing spinning in that speaker?" They had taped it and broadcast the concert later.
The Doppler Effect in a music instrument. I wonder if you and I are the only ones on Head-Fi that are aware of this. Nah.
George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Delaney & Bonnie...post #2120 of 224212/31/12 at 6:02ampost #2121 of 224212/31/12 at 6:44amQuote:
Don't forget about Goldy McJohn of Steppenwolf fame and his Hammond B-3/Leslie Tone Cabinet combo. The first album is due to be released by Analogue Productions on SACD in February. Should sound awesome using the LF and probably even better with the LF MKII.post #2122 of 224212/31/12 at 9:18ampost #2123 of 224212/31/12 at 9:47amQuote:
One last post on the Hammond/Leslie, listening through an LF of course. With the possible exception of Lee Michaels, who made a career out of using a B-3 and numerous Leslie Tone Cabinets, Felix Cavaliere's, of the Young Rascals, cover of Pickett's "In the Midnight Hour", has the most gorgeous "Leslieized" organ solo this classic rock aficionado can recall.post #2124 of 224212/31/12 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Dr. Roberts
One last post on the Hammond/Leslie, listening through an LF of course. With the possible exception of Lee Michaels, who made a career out of using a B-3 and numerous Leslie Tone Cabinets, Felix Cavaliere's, of the Young Rascals, cover of Pickett's "In the Midnight Hour", has the most gorgeous "Leslieized" organ solo this classic rock aficionado can recall.
And one last post about the Hammond/Leslie from me, too. Lee Michaels used to rehearse in a studio that was next to the Record Store I worked. We shared the same wall. He and Frosty were LOUD! So loud that we couldn't play our music in the store when he rehearsed--which was absolutely fine. He would walk in and ask me for the keys to rehearsal studio (it was owned by my boss).
I'm glad the LF has brought out an interest in all kinds of music. Especially classic rock. All types of music sound incredible on the LF which could sometimes sound so-so on another's.
Happy New Year, Everyone!!!post #2125 of 224212/31/12 at 11:24ampost #2126 of 224212/31/12 at 12:06pmpost #2127 of 22421/20/13 at 4:43pmpost #2128 of 22421/20/13 at 9:31pm
Take a pill and calm down or something.post #2129 of 22421/20/13 at 10:14pm
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Cavalli Audio Liquid FireNo reviews yet.
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Where do I buy the "REAL" Altoids amp? 35 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude