He'd better or else there might be nowhere to post progress ;-) ..dB
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- did anyone review the Cavalli audio Liquid fire? Last post on 4/4/12 at 12:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800? Last post on 9/20/11 at 10:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Has anyone pre-ordered the Cavalli Liquid Fire amp Last post on 4/20/11 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Headphone Impedance
Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire - Page 139
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Keep your eyes on this. There should be more info over the next week.
Hopefully before end of year I should know from actual listening tests. But honestly, I'll have to get the experiences of others before anything definite can be said. This means that I have to ship the amp around a bit.
The actual amplifier portion of the circuit is not changing in any significant way. But the PSs are changing quite a bit, which I'll explain on the CA website. And we know that while the PS (if it's well designed) is not the primary influence on SQ, it does have an effect. Furthermore, I've reduced the tube complement from 4 to 3. I'll explain why a few posts from now on the CA page. This shouldn't change the sound signature, but one thing that's true in audio amps is -- every thing matters. It's just how much or how little.
So, I don't expect much change, but we won't know until someone other than me listens. :)
Yes those are the LCD2 rev 2's
I'm listening to David Crosby's "If I Could Only Remember My Name". Why I waited so long to buy this is beyond me but Jerico reminded me of this one. Grateful Dead here plus Jefferson Airplane and many ways this is every bit as good as the CSN, CSNY issues. Recording is just incredible and I scored the old import CD. Separation, sound-stage and imaging are killer. The music is just wonderful. LF making it sing.
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 27 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)