He'd better or else there might be nowhere to post progress ;-) ..dB
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 4/10/14 at 11:28am in High-end Audio Forum
- did anyone review the Cavalli audio Liquid fire? Last post on 4/4/12 at 12:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Liquid Fire + HD800? Last post on 9/20/11 at 10:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Has anyone pre-ordered the Cavalli Liquid Fire amp Last post on 4/20/11 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire - Page 139post #2071 of 224212/6/12 at 1:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2072 of 224212/7/12 at 4:56ampost #2073 of 224212/7/12 at 5:12ampost #2074 of 224212/7/12 at 6:46ampost #2075 of 224212/7/12 at 6:52ampost #2076 of 224212/7/12 at 7:02ampost #2077 of 224212/7/12 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by runeight
Keep your eyes on this. There should be more info over the next week.post #2078 of 224212/7/12 at 9:35ampost #2079 of 224212/7/12 at 10:58ampost #2080 of 224212/7/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
Hopefully before end of year I should know from actual listening tests. But honestly, I'll have to get the experiences of others before anything definite can be said. This means that I have to ship the amp around a bit.
The actual amplifier portion of the circuit is not changing in any significant way. But the PSs are changing quite a bit, which I'll explain on the CA website. And we know that while the PS (if it's well designed) is not the primary influence on SQ, it does have an effect. Furthermore, I've reduced the tube complement from 4 to 3. I'll explain why a few posts from now on the CA page. This shouldn't change the sound signature, but one thing that's true in audio amps is -- every thing matters. It's just how much or how little.
So, I don't expect much change, but we won't know until someone other than me listens. :)post #2081 of 224212/7/12 at 4:17pmQuote:
Yes those are the LCD2 rev 2'spost #2082 of 224212/7/12 at 4:30pm
I'm listening to David Crosby's "If I Could Only Remember My Name". Why I waited so long to buy this is beyond me but Jerico reminded me of this one. Grateful Dead here plus Jefferson Airplane and many ways this is every bit as good as the CSN, CSNY issues. Recording is just incredible and I scored the old import CD. Separation, sound-stage and imaging are killer. The music is just wonderful. LF making it sing.post #2083 of 224212/7/12 at 7:07pmpost #2084 of 224212/7/12 at 9:07pm
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Philips Fidelio L2 38 seconds ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Absolute Phase: The Next Frontier (yeah right) 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob