Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire - Page 137

post #2041 of 2242

Being familiar with chemistry is all too important in this hobby - once the wife finds out the true cost of say a SR-009 and throws some acid at you, you don't want to attempt neutralizing it with the wrong base.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

LAu....gold = Au smile.gif  (Sorry I'm a Chemical Engineer

post #2042 of 2242

I can tell you early impressions are pure gold ;-) , it will have no problem driving the HE6 LOUD and well..dB

post #2043 of 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson View Post

Being familiar with chemistry is all too important in this hobby - once the wife finds out the true cost of say a SR-009 and throws some acid at you, you don't want to attempt neutralizing it with the wrong base.

 

 

Well put. tongue.gif

post #2044 of 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dBel84 View Post

I can tell you early impressions are pure gold ;-) , it will have no problem driving the HE6 LOUD and well..dB

 

 

dB,

 

How many PSUs are there and how big,  Also How many transformers does it have and how big?  

 

Thanks biggrin.gif

post #2045 of 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

dB,

 

How many PSUs are there and how big,  Also How many transformers does it have and how big?  

 

Thanks biggrin.gif

 

This being a proof of concept amplifier was somewhat of a "let's see what I have on the shelf that will work" . The final amp is being designed around a custom r-core , primary rectification / regulation is common with more than sufficient capacitance to handle any transient surge. It will not be sufficient to power the krell monoblocks but then, it doesn't need to. It has been overspec'd but not ridiculously so. Each rail in turn is then independently regulated to exact voltage..dB 

post #2046 of 2242

I am listening to a crazy recording that I stumbled on listening to WNUR-Northwestern University radio.  Oren Ambarchi's "Knots" from his Audience of One.  Found it on download for about $7 at Touchmusic.org from the UK.  If you want to test your bass capabilities in your system this would be a winner.  It literally felt like the room was shaking at one point!  Huge sound stage.  Totally weird droning ambient stuff and I've never heard of this guy before.  Cavalli Liquid Fire delight!

 

post #2047 of 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post

I am listening to a crazy recording that I stumbled on listening to WNUR-Northwestern University radio.  Oren Ambarchi's "Knots" from his Audience of One.  Found it on download for about $7 at Touchmusic.org from the UK.  If you want to test your bass capabilities in your system this would be a winner.  It literally felt like the room was shaking at one point!  Huge sound stage.  Totally weird droning ambient stuff and I've never heard of this guy before.  Cavalli Liquid Fire delight!

 

Hi Icenine2: Checking it out. I found it for £7.00. Where did you get it for $7. Anyway, I can't decide on whether I should get Apple Lossless or FLAC. I guess either will work. Thanks for the recommendation! Sounds very stimulating.

post #2048 of 2242

Hi Clayton.  The other day when I bought it was 5.83 pounds which ended up being a bit more than $7.  Maybe it was a Cyber-something day.  Either way it's cool.  I got the FLAC.  I doubt there's much of a difference between that and Apple lossless.  Let us know what you think!

post #2049 of 2242

Hey guys,

 

Pretty quickly, the volume pot on my Liquid Fire has gotten scratchy. Sometimes it will stay scratchy after the volume pot isn't moving. Thought I would try some contact cleaner. Any suggestions or recommendations?

post #2050 of 2242

I have nada.  Never had that happen.  I would contact Alex for a solution.

post #2051 of 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

Hey guys,

Pretty quickly, the volume pot on my Liquid Fire has gotten scratchy. Sometimes it will stay scratchy after the volume pot isn't moving. Thought I would try some contact cleaner. Any suggestions or recommendations?

That is a common problem with all audio equipment.
It is caused by oxidation of the contacts in your volume pot.
When your equipment is turned off, just give it a couple of complete turns to the left and right.
If the problem still persists after that, then you really have to contact the manufacturer.
post #2052 of 2242

Thanks for the reply, Lord Soth. I am familiar with the problem, just didn't know if any LF owners specifically had any insight.

 

Does anyone have Alex's info? You can PM it to me. I tried Alex at Cavalli Audio dot com. No dice.

post #2053 of 2242
post #2054 of 2242

I was trying to not have to do that and potentially be floating in the plethora of contact emails. I was hoping purchasers would have a more direct means of contacting the manufacturer than through an automated web system.

post #2055 of 2242

I have never had one of these pots go bad but it is always possible, they are TKD  brand and highly regarded as variable pots in the audio world. 

 

It might even be worth reflowing the solder on the contact joints as this does not sound typical of a pot in which the internal contacts are oxidizing ( noisy when not being turned ) . But I would suggest sending Alex a message and I will do the same ..dB

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire