Im looking for some £60 headphones, that dont require an amp and generally have good sound quality for hip hop and rap like music :)
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandSuperluxtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSuperlux HD 681tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- $60 or less headphones Last post on 3/13/12 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Superlux HD668B. I'm impressed. Last post on 6/8/11 at 10:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- New set of cans < $60? Last post on 5/16/11 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux HD662F - Anyone heard em? Last post on 10/16/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux HD-662F ~ Affordable Closed Ear Headphones ~ Amazing Quality Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
£60 headphonespost #1 of 328/18/11 at 9:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 328/18/11 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #3 of 328/18/11 at 10:04amThread Starterpost #4 of 328/18/11 at 10:13ampost #5 of 328/18/11 at 10:21amQuote:
also, if you go the Superlux route, the 681 may be a better choice for hip hoppost #6 of 328/18/11 at 10:23amThread Starterpost #7 of 328/18/11 at 10:26amThread Starterpost #8 of 328/18/11 at 10:31am
Sure, it's better, it's require an amp to sound its best but i can get very loud volume and great sound even with onboard audio card or an ipod touch. If you want better sound, you should save some more money to buy a warm amp like cmoy bb.post #9 of 328/18/11 at 10:35ampost #10 of 328/18/11 at 1:18pmThread Starterpost #11 of 328/18/11 at 1:24pmpost #12 of 328/18/11 at 2:54pm
Ooh so I spent more than 30 minutes writing a review and then accidentally exit'd Chrome. lol.
I've modded my HD438s to be bassier, so take this w/ a grain of salt.
Anyhow, these are not very good for rap songs since the bass tends to be a little too loud. Eminem's vocals and the tiny little things in his songs (glass shattering etc) are played back well, just the whole bass thingie that ruins the balance.
They sound great playing songs like Snow (Red Hot Chilli Pepper), Shadowplay (The Killers version, JD's version is too badly recorded), Big Jet Plane (Angus and Julia Stone) and the detail retrieval and instrument separation is quite good on Avenged Sevenfold's songs. Playing David Guetta on Foobar sounds veiled, which can be easily overcome with EQing.
I always set foobar to a Home Theater eq preset to widen sound stage and improve on the clarity.
Verdict: My HD438s sound a lot better with EQing (imo) and they're not really suitable for rap/hip hop.post #13 of 328/18/11 at 3:48pmThread Starterpost #14 of 328/18/11 at 3:52pm
Goldring dr150 £39-95 delivered from peter tyson or superfi/amazon, or goldring ns1000 £50-£60.
Absolutely nothing else even gets remotely close at even £130 let alone £60.
I would say the only genuine upgrade from the Goldring dr150 (disregarding ns1000 which are better than the dr150) is £169.99 sennheiser HD600 but they need a powerful headphone amp.
At £40 delivered the goldring dr150 should not be passed up under any circumstances and nor should the ns1000 at £60 they are amazing headphones for the money and have great synergy with the cheapo E5 amp.
If were me I would get the ns1000 they have to be heard to be believed an e5 amp later on and you'll be in heaven , pretty sure they are capable of putting some heavy hitters round these here parts to shame.
Edited by c64 - 8/18/11 at 4:00pm
- £60 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Burson Conductor Virtuoso Thread. 43 seconds ago
- › Result of Valentine’s giving away 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New PC Music Server Build Project - All SSD - No Fans 5 minutes ago
- › Replacement IEM for my Klipsch Image S4? 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3