Im looking for some £60 headphones, that dont require an amp and generally have good sound quality for hip hop and rap like music :)
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandSuperluxtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSuperlux HD 681tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- $60 or less headphones Last post on 3/13/12 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Superlux HD668B. I'm impressed. Last post on 6/8/11 at 10:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- New set of cans < $60? Last post on 5/16/11 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux HD662F - Anyone heard em? Last post on 10/16/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux HD-662F ~ Affordable Closed Ear Headphones ~ Amazing Quality Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
£60 headphonespost #1 of 328/18/11 at 9:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 328/18/11 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #3 of 328/18/11 at 10:04amThread Starterpost #4 of 328/18/11 at 10:13ampost #5 of 328/18/11 at 10:21amQuote:
also, if you go the Superlux route, the 681 may be a better choice for hip hoppost #6 of 328/18/11 at 10:23amThread Starterpost #7 of 328/18/11 at 10:26amThread Starterpost #8 of 328/18/11 at 10:31am
Sure, it's better, it's require an amp to sound its best but i can get very loud volume and great sound even with onboard audio card or an ipod touch. If you want better sound, you should save some more money to buy a warm amp like cmoy bb.post #9 of 328/18/11 at 10:35ampost #10 of 328/18/11 at 1:18pmThread Starterpost #11 of 328/18/11 at 1:24pmpost #12 of 328/18/11 at 2:54pm
Ooh so I spent more than 30 minutes writing a review and then accidentally exit'd Chrome. lol.
I've modded my HD438s to be bassier, so take this w/ a grain of salt.
Anyhow, these are not very good for rap songs since the bass tends to be a little too loud. Eminem's vocals and the tiny little things in his songs (glass shattering etc) are played back well, just the whole bass thingie that ruins the balance.
They sound great playing songs like Snow (Red Hot Chilli Pepper), Shadowplay (The Killers version, JD's version is too badly recorded), Big Jet Plane (Angus and Julia Stone) and the detail retrieval and instrument separation is quite good on Avenged Sevenfold's songs. Playing David Guetta on Foobar sounds veiled, which can be easily overcome with EQing.
I always set foobar to a Home Theater eq preset to widen sound stage and improve on the clarity.
Verdict: My HD438s sound a lot better with EQing (imo) and they're not really suitable for rap/hip hop.post #13 of 328/18/11 at 3:48pmThread Starterpost #14 of 328/18/11 at 3:52pm
Goldring dr150 £39-95 delivered from peter tyson or superfi/amazon, or goldring ns1000 £50-£60.
Absolutely nothing else even gets remotely close at even £130 let alone £60.
I would say the only genuine upgrade from the Goldring dr150 (disregarding ns1000 which are better than the dr150) is £169.99 sennheiser HD600 but they need a powerful headphone amp.
At £40 delivered the goldring dr150 should not be passed up under any circumstances and nor should the ns1000 at £60 they are amazing headphones for the money and have great synergy with the cheapo E5 amp.
If were me I would get the ns1000 they have to be heard to be believed an e5 amp later on and you'll be in heaven , pretty sure they are capable of putting some heavy hitters round these here parts to shame.
Edited by c64 - 8/18/11 at 4:00pm
- £60 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 1 minute ago
- › EQ cure all? 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight... 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)