Im looking for some £60 headphones, that dont require an amp and generally have good sound quality for hip hop and rap like music :)
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandSuperluxtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSuperlux HD 681tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- $60 or less headphones Last post on 3/13/12 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Superlux HD668B. I'm impressed. Last post on 6/8/11 at 10:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- New set of cans < $60? Last post on 5/16/11 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux HD662F - Anyone heard em? Last post on 10/16/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux HD-662F ~ Affordable Closed Ear Headphones ~ Amazing Quality Last post on 4/8/15 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
£60 headphonespost #1 of 328/18/11 at 9:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 328/18/11 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #3 of 328/18/11 at 10:04amThread Starterpost #4 of 328/18/11 at 10:13ampost #5 of 328/18/11 at 10:21amQuote:
also, if you go the Superlux route, the 681 may be a better choice for hip hoppost #6 of 328/18/11 at 10:23amThread Starterpost #7 of 328/18/11 at 10:26amThread Starterpost #8 of 328/18/11 at 10:31am
Sure, it's better, it's require an amp to sound its best but i can get very loud volume and great sound even with onboard audio card or an ipod touch. If you want better sound, you should save some more money to buy a warm amp like cmoy bb.post #9 of 328/18/11 at 10:35ampost #10 of 328/18/11 at 1:18pmThread Starterpost #11 of 328/18/11 at 1:24pmpost #12 of 328/18/11 at 2:54pm
Ooh so I spent more than 30 minutes writing a review and then accidentally exit'd Chrome. lol.
I've modded my HD438s to be bassier, so take this w/ a grain of salt.
Anyhow, these are not very good for rap songs since the bass tends to be a little too loud. Eminem's vocals and the tiny little things in his songs (glass shattering etc) are played back well, just the whole bass thingie that ruins the balance.
They sound great playing songs like Snow (Red Hot Chilli Pepper), Shadowplay (The Killers version, JD's version is too badly recorded), Big Jet Plane (Angus and Julia Stone) and the detail retrieval and instrument separation is quite good on Avenged Sevenfold's songs. Playing David Guetta on Foobar sounds veiled, which can be easily overcome with EQing.
I always set foobar to a Home Theater eq preset to widen sound stage and improve on the clarity.
Verdict: My HD438s sound a lot better with EQing (imo) and they're not really suitable for rap/hip hop.post #13 of 328/18/11 at 3:48pmThread Starterpost #14 of 328/18/11 at 3:52pm
Goldring dr150 £39-95 delivered from peter tyson or superfi/amazon, or goldring ns1000 £50-£60.
Absolutely nothing else even gets remotely close at even £130 let alone £60.
I would say the only genuine upgrade from the Goldring dr150 (disregarding ns1000 which are better than the dr150) is £169.99 sennheiser HD600 but they need a powerful headphone amp.
At £40 delivered the goldring dr150 should not be passed up under any circumstances and nor should the ns1000 at £60 they are amazing headphones for the money and have great synergy with the cheapo E5 amp.
If were me I would get the ns1000 they have to be heard to be believed an e5 amp later on and you'll be in heaven , pretty sure they are capable of putting some heavy hitters round these here parts to shame.
Edited by c64 - 8/18/11 at 4:00pm
- £60 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › What are head-fi members views on apt-x lossless codec (over... 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 338 IEMs compared (Brainwavz S0 added 05/30/15... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2