Im looking for some £60 headphones, that dont require an amp and generally have good sound quality for hip hop and rap like music :)
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandSuperluxtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSuperlux HD 681tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- $60 or less headphones Last post on 3/13/12 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Superlux HD668B. I'm impressed. Last post on 6/8/11 at 10:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- New set of cans < $60? Last post on 5/16/11 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux HD662F - Anyone heard em? Last post on 10/16/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux HD-662F ~ Affordable Closed Ear Headphones ~ Amazing Quality Last post on 4/8/15 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
£60 headphonespost #1 of 328/18/11 at 9:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 328/18/11 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #3 of 328/18/11 at 10:04amThread Starterpost #4 of 328/18/11 at 10:13ampost #5 of 328/18/11 at 10:21amQuote:
also, if you go the Superlux route, the 681 may be a better choice for hip hoppost #6 of 328/18/11 at 10:23amThread Starterpost #7 of 328/18/11 at 10:26amThread Starterpost #8 of 328/18/11 at 10:31am
Sure, it's better, it's require an amp to sound its best but i can get very loud volume and great sound even with onboard audio card or an ipod touch. If you want better sound, you should save some more money to buy a warm amp like cmoy bb.post #9 of 328/18/11 at 10:35ampost #10 of 328/18/11 at 1:18pmThread Starterpost #11 of 328/18/11 at 1:24pmpost #12 of 328/18/11 at 2:54pm
Ooh so I spent more than 30 minutes writing a review and then accidentally exit'd Chrome. lol.
I've modded my HD438s to be bassier, so take this w/ a grain of salt.
Anyhow, these are not very good for rap songs since the bass tends to be a little too loud. Eminem's vocals and the tiny little things in his songs (glass shattering etc) are played back well, just the whole bass thingie that ruins the balance.
They sound great playing songs like Snow (Red Hot Chilli Pepper), Shadowplay (The Killers version, JD's version is too badly recorded), Big Jet Plane (Angus and Julia Stone) and the detail retrieval and instrument separation is quite good on Avenged Sevenfold's songs. Playing David Guetta on Foobar sounds veiled, which can be easily overcome with EQing.
I always set foobar to a Home Theater eq preset to widen sound stage and improve on the clarity.
Verdict: My HD438s sound a lot better with EQing (imo) and they're not really suitable for rap/hip hop.post #13 of 328/18/11 at 3:48pmThread Starterpost #14 of 328/18/11 at 3:52pm
Goldring dr150 £39-95 delivered from peter tyson or superfi/amazon, or goldring ns1000 £50-£60.
Absolutely nothing else even gets remotely close at even £130 let alone £60.
I would say the only genuine upgrade from the Goldring dr150 (disregarding ns1000 which are better than the dr150) is £169.99 sennheiser HD600 but they need a powerful headphone amp.
At £40 delivered the goldring dr150 should not be passed up under any circumstances and nor should the ns1000 at £60 they are amazing headphones for the money and have great synergy with the cheapo E5 amp.
If were me I would get the ns1000 they have to be heard to be believed an e5 amp later on and you'll be in heaven , pretty sure they are capable of putting some heavy hitters round these here parts to shame.
Edited by c64 - 8/18/11 at 4:00pm
- £60 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FiiO X3ii (Six Weeks Old) 49 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Schiit Jotunheim 230V [AUS] 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Shp2600 VS Sony XD150 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 6 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 6 minutes ago
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...