Im looking for some £60 headphones, that dont require an amp and generally have good sound quality for hip hop and rap like music :)
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandSuperluxtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSuperlux HD 681tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- $60 or less headphones Last post on 3/13/12 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Superlux HD668B. I'm impressed. Last post on 6/8/11 at 10:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- New set of cans < $60? Last post on 5/16/11 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux HD662F - Anyone heard em? Last post on 10/16/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux HD-662F ~ Affordable Closed Ear Headphones ~ Amazing Quality Last post on 4/8/15 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
£60 headphonespost #1 of 328/18/11 at 9:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 328/18/11 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #3 of 328/18/11 at 10:04amThread Starterpost #4 of 328/18/11 at 10:13ampost #5 of 328/18/11 at 10:21amQuote:
also, if you go the Superlux route, the 681 may be a better choice for hip hoppost #6 of 328/18/11 at 10:23amThread Starterpost #7 of 328/18/11 at 10:26amThread Starterpost #8 of 328/18/11 at 10:31am
Sure, it's better, it's require an amp to sound its best but i can get very loud volume and great sound even with onboard audio card or an ipod touch. If you want better sound, you should save some more money to buy a warm amp like cmoy bb.post #9 of 328/18/11 at 10:35ampost #10 of 328/18/11 at 1:18pmThread Starterpost #11 of 328/18/11 at 1:24pmpost #12 of 328/18/11 at 2:54pm
Ooh so I spent more than 30 minutes writing a review and then accidentally exit'd Chrome. lol.
I've modded my HD438s to be bassier, so take this w/ a grain of salt.
Anyhow, these are not very good for rap songs since the bass tends to be a little too loud. Eminem's vocals and the tiny little things in his songs (glass shattering etc) are played back well, just the whole bass thingie that ruins the balance.
They sound great playing songs like Snow (Red Hot Chilli Pepper), Shadowplay (The Killers version, JD's version is too badly recorded), Big Jet Plane (Angus and Julia Stone) and the detail retrieval and instrument separation is quite good on Avenged Sevenfold's songs. Playing David Guetta on Foobar sounds veiled, which can be easily overcome with EQing.
I always set foobar to a Home Theater eq preset to widen sound stage and improve on the clarity.
Verdict: My HD438s sound a lot better with EQing (imo) and they're not really suitable for rap/hip hop.post #13 of 328/18/11 at 3:48pmThread Starterpost #14 of 328/18/11 at 3:52pm
Goldring dr150 £39-95 delivered from peter tyson or superfi/amazon, or goldring ns1000 £50-£60.
Absolutely nothing else even gets remotely close at even £130 let alone £60.
I would say the only genuine upgrade from the Goldring dr150 (disregarding ns1000 which are better than the dr150) is £169.99 sennheiser HD600 but they need a powerful headphone amp.
At £40 delivered the goldring dr150 should not be passed up under any circumstances and nor should the ns1000 at £60 they are amazing headphones for the money and have great synergy with the cheapo E5 amp.
If were me I would get the ns1000 they have to be heard to be believed an e5 amp later on and you'll be in heaven , pretty sure they are capable of putting some heavy hitters round these here parts to shame.
Edited by c64 - 8/18/11 at 4:00pm
- £60 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 26 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 28 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 45 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 50 seconds ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Upcoming Dedicated headphone amp release. 2 minutes ago
- › this sound like bad cable or am i doing something wrong? 3 minutes ago
- › Join in the first meeting ever of FiiO in US!! 4 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 5 minutes ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...