- 1,892 Posts. Joined 8/2008
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandGoVibetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGoVibe Porta Tubetagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Asus Xonar DX needs a Headphone AMP/DAC? Last post on 1/15/13 at 3:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Buying Sennheiser PC360 headset, Fiio E9 worth it? Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- GoVibe Porta Tube+ USB headphone amp/dac Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:54am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable amp for $100 down. Last post on 9/9/11 at 4:25pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please Help!! All audiophiles!! Last post on 8/28/11 at 5:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
- Headphone Impedance
REVIEW : Jaben's GoVibe Porta Tube Amp - Review Thread (ex demo) - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Too bad I ain't in Denmark no more as it would have been my pleasure to introduce it to you. I'll be bedding down with it for a few weeks come a few days. Before that, I have in some ways, a more interesting amp to introduce to Headfi.
I had a chance to listen to it two times at jaben in Hong Kong. And I was very impressed! With HD650 it sounds very powerful.
But I have some portable amplifiers I am very happy with and it would require more time with all my headphones (I only brought my DT-1350 with me to HK). Also it would be great to compare it with L3 and the Just Audio AHA-120. They might all be able to work as a "part-time" desktop amplifier.
Have you been to Denmark?
I have been to denmark, but not with the GoVibe. I was born in Sweden and was there this last September-December. Been to Børnholm, too, which was wonderful. Wonderful land you have down there. I'll be doing a full review of the GoVibe Tube or Tube plus, not sure which one yet. I'm not one for USB DACs as I never use them, but I may review that model instead just to cover all bases.
Hi guys, I'm very new to this scene. Got myself a ath-a1000x and a porta tube+ amp, cheap bundle from Jaben. Really enjoying the sound even though I have no background knowledge on any audio stuffs.
It's my 2nd day using the amp, gave it a good 5 hour 1st charge and it worked pretty well. However, the amp power LED started to flicker slowly after 2 hours and my sound went on and off. Guessed that it was low on power but most of the reviews said that it can last for 7-10hours so I'm a little worried.
I'm having it on the 2nd charge cycle now and it seems to take very long to get fully charged and does not justify the amount of time I could use it before it runs out of juice. Can anyone share with me how long you usually charge it, how long it lasts for you each time you charge it fully and if there is any indication of its battery being fully charged?
It's my first time such expensive (for me) audio equipments and I hope they can last me as long as possible. Thanks in advance for your response!
*Been charging it for 4 hours now but the red LED is still on :l
Edited by legacyfate - 11/23/12 at 7:24am
I know this is long time ago thread. But i am curious about this product as well. Recently i tried to get continental v2 but the store they don't have it anymore and they wait for continental v3. Do you think is worth wait for conti v3 or i just grab this black beauty...thanks guys.
Tried some he650s with it in store also s I hadn't heard them. Looks like something else to save for pending how the alpha dogs sound.
I feel you ... sold mine and kinda regret to a certain extent .... as of now i'm just looking for a good tube amp (desktop/portable) ... i'm really hard to please ... tried the continental v3 must say it has better clarity but it just isn't giving me the lush warm feel that came with the portatube .... the worst part is that after being expose to higher clarity i feel that the portatube is just incomplete .... even contemplated on getting either the wa7 fireflies and pan am .... argh it is never perfect ... haha If only money were no object I would buy every audio equipment to test till my hearts content.
My main rig is Ak120 > PortaTube > Fitear TG334.
The PT really has great synergy with this setup.
Alternately at home or during overseas trip it feeds into my Fostex TH900 and does a fantastic job.
My secondary rig where the amp changes to the ALO RxMK3b+ is also good but for many reasons I still keep this as a backup amp.
- REVIEW : Jaben's GoVibe Porta Tube Amp - Review Thread (ex demo)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 6 seconds ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 15 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 23 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 27 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Master Noise Cancelling Shootout: Sony MDR-1RNC vs. Sony... 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)