I'm looking to pay around $100, but the price is flexible. I like detailed lows, but other than that I'm open to a variety of sound signatures. A detailed or wide sound stage is a pro, but not a major concern. I'll mostly be using these on plane or bus rides, so comfort is a plus. I prefer stems with smaller diameters. I don't expect to be walking or running with these, whateverit'scalledphonics are not a concern. Another bonus if it comes with good foam tips. Thanks in advance for the advice.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitors
- itemEtymotic MC5
- itemEtymotic Research HF3
- itemHEAD DIRECT RE0 In Ear Headphones
- itemHEAD DIRECT RE ZERO
- categoryIn Ear
- itemKlipsch Custom 3 In Ear Noise Isolating Earphones
- itemKlipsch IMAGE S4i WH Premium Noise Isolating Headset With 3 Button Apple Control White
- itemMP4Nation Brainwavz M2
- itemPanasonic RP HJE900
- itemPhonak PFE 012
- itemSony MDR EX510LP In Ear Headphones
- itemUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphones
- itemUltimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue With Roadie Case
Related Forum Threads
- IEM buying advice please Last post on 9/7/11 at 7:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 100 euros IEM to buy from France or UK? Last post on 12/15/10 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - READ THE FIRST POST! Last post on Yesterday at 10:44 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
I got these straight from Japan via Tenso right as Dsnuts got the hype train rolling last fall. Bought 3 pairs, of which I gave one to a colleague (yes,they are so inexpensive you can just give...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Look for a Klipsch custom 3, that fits your needs perfectly and should be around a $100 if you nose around a bit. It has a warm sound with a good bass that has both body and detail. Avoid the Re0 and Re-zero, I found the weak lows to be surprisingly flabby with overly detailed mids, an overrated sound.
Sony EX510 are very detailed and offers wide soundstage with rich, punchy bass. Others IEMs are like UE700, TF10Pro(used), Turbine, M2, S4i, HJE900, RE0, MC5, HF3 and PFE 012.
- My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Foobar2000 vs Winamp 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 7 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit LYR 9 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 10 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by esmBOS
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe