I'm looking to pay around $100, but the price is flexible. I like detailed lows, but other than that I'm open to a variety of sound signatures. A detailed or wide sound stage is a pro, but not a major concern. I'll mostly be using these on plane or bus rides, so comfort is a plus. I prefer stems with smaller diameters. I don't expect to be walking or running with these, whateverit'scalledphonics are not a concern. Another bonus if it comes with good foam tips. Thanks in advance for the advice.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4i-WH Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-button Apple control, Whitetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM buying advice please Last post on 9/7/11 at 7:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 100 euros IEM to buy from France or UK? Last post on 12/15/10 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Look for a Klipsch custom 3, that fits your needs perfectly and should be around a $100 if you nose around a bit. It has a warm sound with a good bass that has both body and detail. Avoid the Re0 and Re-zero, I found the weak lows to be surprisingly flabby with overly detailed mids, an overrated sound.
Sony EX510 are very detailed and offers wide soundstage with rich, punchy bass. Others IEMs are like UE700, TF10Pro(used), Turbine, M2, S4i, HJE900, RE0, MC5, HF3 and PFE 012.
- My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison 6 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 11 seconds ago
- › DAP Recommendation 22 seconds ago
- › Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Meridian Explorer DAC/Amp Stream of Consciousness Review (WARNING:... 37 seconds ago
- › Which open headphones would be a good compliment to my NAD Viso HP50? 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 1 minute ago
- › Lcd's and unlistenable cd's 2 minutes ago
- › Can anyone recommend a good pair of head phones or hip/hop music,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)