I'm looking to pay around $100, but the price is flexible. I like detailed lows, but other than that I'm open to a variety of sound signatures. A detailed or wide sound stage is a pro, but not a major concern. I'll mostly be using these on plane or bus rides, so comfort is a plus. I prefer stems with smaller diameters. I don't expect to be walking or running with these, whateverit'scalledphonics are not a concern. Another bonus if it comes with good foam tips. Thanks in advance for the advice.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4i-WH Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-button Apple control, Whitetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM buying advice please Last post on 9/7/11 at 7:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New and looking for headphones. Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 100 euros IEM to buy from France or UK? Last post on 12/15/10 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set.post #1 of 38/18/11 at 12:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/18/11 at 9:02am
Look for a Klipsch custom 3, that fits your needs perfectly and should be around a $100 if you nose around a bit. It has a warm sound with a good bass that has both body and detail. Avoid the Re0 and Re-zero, I found the weak lows to be surprisingly flabby with overly detailed mids, an overrated sound.post #3 of 38/18/11 at 9:24am
Sony EX510 are very detailed and offers wide soundstage with rich, punchy bass. Others IEMs are like UE700, TF10Pro(used), Turbine, M2, S4i, HJE900, RE0, MC5, HF3 and PFE 012.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 35 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Some interesting measurements about FLAC VS WAV 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear