Related Forum Threads
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you throw some recommendations my way? Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
[The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms - Page 4
Poll Results: Which one is better ?
47 Total Votespost #46 of 579/19/11 at 2:39amThread Starter
34% (16)DT880 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 579/30/11 at 2:44ampost #48 of 5711/19/11 at 7:12amThread Starterpost #49 of 575/21/12 at 12:02pmpost #50 of 575/21/12 at 7:33pmpost #51 of 577/19/12 at 8:21ampost #52 of 573/11/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
yup end of story :D good bye. Plus the Dt 880 250 is a nice mid fi refrance can! N u need at least one refrance can to judge what you do and don't like about highly colored or slighty colored canspost #53 of 573/11/13 at 10:46pmQuote:
I agree, especially as I've just sold an AD900 in favour of an 880Pro.
However, you need to change your handle, and I don't mean the one on the cupboard door.post #54 of 573/12/13 at 4:08pmQuote:
yuper, it's my favorite can! It does almost everything well [I use a thivk 12ua7 Mullard 5693 tube with a Millet Max hybrid and it's HEAVENLY] I don't like the dt 880 as much on Solid State as I do Tube, and the 880 needs a THICK tube. Where as my Mad Dogs [which r also GREAT closed cans, in fact the BEST closed cans I've heard] are more in favor of an airy tube, like my Rca Clear Top 12ua7a.
But dt 880 ftwpost #55 of 573/12/13 at 4:53pmpost #56 of 573/12/13 at 6:29pm
For the Win :O are you new to the internet [jk]
Still the Dt 880 is a winner in ALL CATEFORIES, for me [we;; except Dub Step... I like my Dub Step a little heavy'r than the dt 880s can push] Well except one song... there is one song the dt 880 OWNS
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › AK100 with RWAK100-S mod 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 7 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001 7 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)