My Westone 3s are my go-to IEMs. I feel a bit sorry for my now neglected IE7s.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandRadiustagged by System, 8/18/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find an IEM, as i am becoming an IEM: Internet Exploring Maniac Last post on 6/18/12 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q5/Q7 or Radius W21? Last post on 2/25/11 at 6:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEM's under $150? UM1 vs SE215 Last post on 11/14/11 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
What's your " go-to " IEM or portable headphone? - Page 4post #46 of 558/19/11 at 2:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 558/19/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
Where do they improve on the RE272 the most? bass, mids or treble? and vice-versa, does the RE272 top them in bass, mids, or treble? Thx.post #48 of 558/20/11 at 8:33amThread StarterQuote:
That would be interesting.post #49 of 558/20/11 at 9:53amQuote:
I did a very quick comparison just for this. The bass and the mids are a definite improvement. The ES5 has more impact in the bass area, it packs more punch when needed and extends lower to my ears, but it's not boomy or what I'd call bass heavy. I'd actually say that the RE-272 are hindering on bass light, but they do have some punch. Compared to the ES5, the bass seems more like an afterthought and it's not as realistic (and in some tracks it just sounds really artificial). The mids on the ES5 are full of body and once again, more realistic and a tad forward, but not too much (which I love for vocals of all kinds). I think the mids and bass are more detailed on the ES5.
Now the highs is a toss up. The RE-272 most definitely is up there in terms of detail and crispness (I think it's a bit more crisp than the ES5, but it's so close I come to different conclusions on this on). They both have plenty of sparkle and detail and I think the RE-272 has more emphasis on this area so I could hear some sounds on them that I'd have to listen harder on the ES5 to find (I think the ES5 is a bit more even on all frequency levels). I think the ES5 makes up for what the RE-272 lacks, but doesn't sacrifice clarity.
Of course, this is all on my ears and my source is just an iPhone 4 ATM (and it sounds great to me).post #50 of 558/20/11 at 5:36pmpost #51 of 559/19/11 at 2:12pm
I really haven't been able to find an IEM I love yet. I'm stuck using my SoundMAGIC E30 for now as I think they're the most balanced of the ones I own.post #52 of 559/19/11 at 6:30pmpost #53 of 559/19/11 at 6:57pmpost #54 of 559/19/11 at 7:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's your " go-to " IEM or portable headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 8 seconds ago
- › Bricasti M1 DAC impressions. 42 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 55 seconds ago
- › Article: "Why USB Cables Can Make a Difference" 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 minutes ago
- › Don't like ATH-M50x... how to change them? 7 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...