My Westone 3s are my go-to IEMs. I feel a bit sorry for my now neglected IE7s.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandRadiustagged by System, 8/18/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find an IEM, as i am becoming an IEM: Internet Exploring Maniac Last post on 6/18/12 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q5/Q7 or Radius W21? Last post on 2/25/11 at 6:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEM's under $150? UM1 vs SE215 Last post on 11/14/11 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
What's your " go-to " IEM or portable headphone? - Page 4post #46 of 558/19/11 at 2:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 558/19/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
Where do they improve on the RE272 the most? bass, mids or treble? and vice-versa, does the RE272 top them in bass, mids, or treble? Thx.post #48 of 558/20/11 at 8:33amThread StarterQuote:
That would be interesting.post #49 of 558/20/11 at 9:53amQuote:
I did a very quick comparison just for this. The bass and the mids are a definite improvement. The ES5 has more impact in the bass area, it packs more punch when needed and extends lower to my ears, but it's not boomy or what I'd call bass heavy. I'd actually say that the RE-272 are hindering on bass light, but they do have some punch. Compared to the ES5, the bass seems more like an afterthought and it's not as realistic (and in some tracks it just sounds really artificial). The mids on the ES5 are full of body and once again, more realistic and a tad forward, but not too much (which I love for vocals of all kinds). I think the mids and bass are more detailed on the ES5.
Now the highs is a toss up. The RE-272 most definitely is up there in terms of detail and crispness (I think it's a bit more crisp than the ES5, but it's so close I come to different conclusions on this on). They both have plenty of sparkle and detail and I think the RE-272 has more emphasis on this area so I could hear some sounds on them that I'd have to listen harder on the ES5 to find (I think the ES5 is a bit more even on all frequency levels). I think the ES5 makes up for what the RE-272 lacks, but doesn't sacrifice clarity.
Of course, this is all on my ears and my source is just an iPhone 4 ATM (and it sounds great to me).post #50 of 558/20/11 at 5:36pmpost #51 of 559/19/11 at 2:12pm
I really haven't been able to find an IEM I love yet. I'm stuck using my SoundMAGIC E30 for now as I think they're the most balanced of the ones I own.post #52 of 559/19/11 at 6:30pmpost #53 of 559/19/11 at 6:57pmpost #54 of 559/19/11 at 7:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's your " go-to " IEM or portable headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 11 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 13 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 18 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › FiiO X3K 43 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)