My Westone 3s are my go-to IEMs. I feel a bit sorry for my now neglected IE7s.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandRadiustagged by System, 8/18/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find an IEM, as i am becoming an IEM: Internet Exploring Maniac Last post on 6/18/12 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q5/Q7 or Radius W21? Last post on 2/25/11 at 6:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEM's under $150? UM1 vs SE215 Last post on 11/14/11 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
What's your " go-to " IEM or portable headphone? - Page 4post #46 of 558/19/11 at 2:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 558/19/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
Where do they improve on the RE272 the most? bass, mids or treble? and vice-versa, does the RE272 top them in bass, mids, or treble? Thx.post #48 of 558/20/11 at 8:33amThread StarterQuote:
That would be interesting.post #49 of 558/20/11 at 9:53amQuote:
I did a very quick comparison just for this. The bass and the mids are a definite improvement. The ES5 has more impact in the bass area, it packs more punch when needed and extends lower to my ears, but it's not boomy or what I'd call bass heavy. I'd actually say that the RE-272 are hindering on bass light, but they do have some punch. Compared to the ES5, the bass seems more like an afterthought and it's not as realistic (and in some tracks it just sounds really artificial). The mids on the ES5 are full of body and once again, more realistic and a tad forward, but not too much (which I love for vocals of all kinds). I think the mids and bass are more detailed on the ES5.
Now the highs is a toss up. The RE-272 most definitely is up there in terms of detail and crispness (I think it's a bit more crisp than the ES5, but it's so close I come to different conclusions on this on). They both have plenty of sparkle and detail and I think the RE-272 has more emphasis on this area so I could hear some sounds on them that I'd have to listen harder on the ES5 to find (I think the ES5 is a bit more even on all frequency levels). I think the ES5 makes up for what the RE-272 lacks, but doesn't sacrifice clarity.
Of course, this is all on my ears and my source is just an iPhone 4 ATM (and it sounds great to me).post #50 of 558/20/11 at 5:36pmpost #51 of 559/19/11 at 2:12pm
I really haven't been able to find an IEM I love yet. I'm stuck using my SoundMAGIC E30 for now as I think they're the most balanced of the ones I own.post #52 of 559/19/11 at 6:30pmpost #53 of 559/19/11 at 6:57pmpost #54 of 559/19/11 at 7:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's your " go-to " IEM or portable headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 32 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 54 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 10 minutes ago
- › m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp 11 minutes ago
- › WTB: Beyerdynamic DT 770 13 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)