My Westone 3s are my go-to IEMs. I feel a bit sorry for my now neglected IE7s.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandRadiustagged by System, 8/18/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find an IEM, as i am becoming an IEM: Internet Exploring Maniac Last post on 6/18/12 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q5/Q7 or Radius W21? Last post on 2/25/11 at 6:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEM's under $150? UM1 vs SE215 Last post on 11/14/11 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
What's your " go-to " IEM or portable headphone? - Page 4post #46 of 558/19/11 at 2:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 558/19/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
Where do they improve on the RE272 the most? bass, mids or treble? and vice-versa, does the RE272 top them in bass, mids, or treble? Thx.post #48 of 558/20/11 at 8:33amThread StarterQuote:
That would be interesting.post #49 of 558/20/11 at 9:53amQuote:
I did a very quick comparison just for this. The bass and the mids are a definite improvement. The ES5 has more impact in the bass area, it packs more punch when needed and extends lower to my ears, but it's not boomy or what I'd call bass heavy. I'd actually say that the RE-272 are hindering on bass light, but they do have some punch. Compared to the ES5, the bass seems more like an afterthought and it's not as realistic (and in some tracks it just sounds really artificial). The mids on the ES5 are full of body and once again, more realistic and a tad forward, but not too much (which I love for vocals of all kinds). I think the mids and bass are more detailed on the ES5.
Now the highs is a toss up. The RE-272 most definitely is up there in terms of detail and crispness (I think it's a bit more crisp than the ES5, but it's so close I come to different conclusions on this on). They both have plenty of sparkle and detail and I think the RE-272 has more emphasis on this area so I could hear some sounds on them that I'd have to listen harder on the ES5 to find (I think the ES5 is a bit more even on all frequency levels). I think the ES5 makes up for what the RE-272 lacks, but doesn't sacrifice clarity.
Of course, this is all on my ears and my source is just an iPhone 4 ATM (and it sounds great to me).post #50 of 558/20/11 at 5:36pmpost #51 of 559/19/11 at 2:12pm
I really haven't been able to find an IEM I love yet. I'm stuck using my SoundMAGIC E30 for now as I think they're the most balanced of the ones I own.post #52 of 559/19/11 at 6:30pmpost #53 of 559/19/11 at 6:57pmpost #54 of 559/19/11 at 7:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's your " go-to " IEM or portable headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 22 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Schiit Vali headphones amplifier ***Canada*** 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Substantial bass plus excellent soundstage? 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 - Brand new, all accessories included 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2