My Westone 3s are my go-to IEMs. I feel a bit sorry for my now neglected IE7s.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKlipsch Custom-3 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandRadiustagged by System, 8/18/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find an IEM, as i am becoming an IEM: Internet Exploring Maniac Last post on 6/18/12 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon e-Q5/Q7 or Radius W21? Last post on 2/25/11 at 6:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEM's under $150? UM1 vs SE215 Last post on 11/14/11 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
What's your " go-to " IEM or portable headphone? - Page 4post #46 of 558/19/11 at 2:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 558/19/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
Where do they improve on the RE272 the most? bass, mids or treble? and vice-versa, does the RE272 top them in bass, mids, or treble? Thx.post #48 of 558/20/11 at 8:33amThread StarterQuote:
That would be interesting.post #49 of 558/20/11 at 9:53amQuote:
I did a very quick comparison just for this. The bass and the mids are a definite improvement. The ES5 has more impact in the bass area, it packs more punch when needed and extends lower to my ears, but it's not boomy or what I'd call bass heavy. I'd actually say that the RE-272 are hindering on bass light, but they do have some punch. Compared to the ES5, the bass seems more like an afterthought and it's not as realistic (and in some tracks it just sounds really artificial). The mids on the ES5 are full of body and once again, more realistic and a tad forward, but not too much (which I love for vocals of all kinds). I think the mids and bass are more detailed on the ES5.
Now the highs is a toss up. The RE-272 most definitely is up there in terms of detail and crispness (I think it's a bit more crisp than the ES5, but it's so close I come to different conclusions on this on). They both have plenty of sparkle and detail and I think the RE-272 has more emphasis on this area so I could hear some sounds on them that I'd have to listen harder on the ES5 to find (I think the ES5 is a bit more even on all frequency levels). I think the ES5 makes up for what the RE-272 lacks, but doesn't sacrifice clarity.
Of course, this is all on my ears and my source is just an iPhone 4 ATM (and it sounds great to me).post #50 of 558/20/11 at 5:36pmpost #51 of 559/19/11 at 2:12pm
I really haven't been able to find an IEM I love yet. I'm stuck using my SoundMAGIC E30 for now as I think they're the most balanced of the ones I own.post #52 of 559/19/11 at 6:30pmpost #53 of 559/19/11 at 6:57pmpost #54 of 559/19/11 at 7:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's your " go-to " IEM or portable headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 25 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 30 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads! 2 minutes ago
- › CEntrance i5 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Aune S16 dac and headphone amp 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Best Over Ear or In Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)