I am looking into buying a new set of headphones. I had the aviators for a bit but i returned them because of the massive sound leakage. I listen to a variety of music including classical, trance, dubstep, and power full choir songs. I plan to use them with my phone and my tablet to i don't really want a set that i need a amp for. I will use them to listen to music but i do video editing too and i want to start editing audio. Right now i have a set of v-moda vibes. The new headphones HAVE to be pretty tough because i am pretty rough on my tech. My budget is pretty big but i am trying to save some money so i am going to set it at $250. Thanks for helping!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 8/17/11
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds - Blushtagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple IEM worth $59? Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleeping Headphones? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Aviators vs. ATH M50 Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A yet another 'neutral' closed can thread. Slight twist though Last post on 7/6/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.post #1 of 268/17/11 at 10:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 268/17/11 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #3 of 268/17/11 at 10:09am
Welcome to Head-fi and Im sorry about your wallet. =)
Heres a good link to a discussion that could help you on your way to choosing a HP.
Good luck and I hope you can find what your looking for.post #4 of 268/17/11 at 10:15amThread Starterpost #5 of 268/17/11 at 10:15amThread Starterpost #6 of 268/17/11 at 11:07ampost #7 of 268/17/11 at 12:53pmThread Starter
I was hoping someone would give me a few definitive choices and i could go from there. After a bit more reading i decided i probably WILL buy a DAC bit first i need a good set of cans. Also... Please make sure they dont have a lot of sound leakage.post #8 of 268/17/11 at 1:09pmQuote:
Sounds like you need something that can sort of do everything, so more neutral perhaps.
Fischer Audio FA-003
Shure 840 & 940
Ultrasone Pro 550
Sennheiser HD380 Pro
Very best,post #9 of 268/17/11 at 1:14pmThread Starterpost #10 of 268/17/11 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #11 of 268/17/11 at 2:46pmpost #12 of 268/17/11 at 2:49pmQuote:
Ultrasone Pro 550.
Very best,post #13 of 268/17/11 at 9:07pmpost #14 of 269/1/11 at 7:15pmThread Starter
- Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Need some input and advice from all of you experienced audiophiles ! 9 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 21 seconds ago
- › Philips FIdelio X2?! 25 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Are the Shure SRH 940's any good for ambient and acoustic... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 5 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)