I am looking into buying a new set of headphones. I had the aviators for a bit but i returned them because of the massive sound leakage. I listen to a variety of music including classical, trance, dubstep, and power full choir songs. I plan to use them with my phone and my tablet to i don't really want a set that i need a amp for. I will use them to listen to music but i do video editing too and i want to start editing audio. Right now i have a set of v-moda vibes. The new headphones HAVE to be pretty tough because i am pretty rough on my tech. My budget is pretty big but i am trying to save some money so i am going to set it at $250. Thanks for helping!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 8/17/11
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds - Blushtagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple IEM worth $59? Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleeping Headphones? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Aviators vs. ATH M50 Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A yet another 'neutral' closed can thread. Slight twist though Last post on 7/6/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.post #1 of 268/17/11 at 10:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 268/17/11 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #3 of 268/17/11 at 10:09am
Welcome to Head-fi and Im sorry about your wallet. =)
Heres a good link to a discussion that could help you on your way to choosing a HP.
Good luck and I hope you can find what your looking for.post #4 of 268/17/11 at 10:15amThread Starterpost #5 of 268/17/11 at 10:15amThread Starterpost #6 of 268/17/11 at 11:07ampost #7 of 268/17/11 at 12:53pmThread Starter
I was hoping someone would give me a few definitive choices and i could go from there. After a bit more reading i decided i probably WILL buy a DAC bit first i need a good set of cans. Also... Please make sure they dont have a lot of sound leakage.post #8 of 268/17/11 at 1:09pmQuote:
Sounds like you need something that can sort of do everything, so more neutral perhaps.
Fischer Audio FA-003
Shure 840 & 940
Ultrasone Pro 550
Sennheiser HD380 Pro
Very best,post #9 of 268/17/11 at 1:14pmThread Starterpost #10 of 268/17/11 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #11 of 268/17/11 at 2:46pmpost #12 of 268/17/11 at 2:49pmQuote:
Ultrasone Pro 550.
Very best,post #13 of 268/17/11 at 9:07pmpost #14 of 269/1/11 at 7:15pmThread Starter
- Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Plus Sounds X6 series 6wire sliver + gold litz balanced cable for... 25 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › *The* most comfortable headphones possible for work? 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...