I am looking into buying a new set of headphones. I had the aviators for a bit but i returned them because of the massive sound leakage. I listen to a variety of music including classical, trance, dubstep, and power full choir songs. I plan to use them with my phone and my tablet to i don't really want a set that i need a amp for. I will use them to listen to music but i do video editing too and i want to start editing audio. Right now i have a set of v-moda vibes. The new headphones HAVE to be pretty tough because i am pretty rough on my tech. My budget is pretty big but i am trying to save some money so i am going to set it at $250. Thanks for helping!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 8/17/11
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds - Blushtagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple IEM worth $59? Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleeping Headphones? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Aviators vs. ATH M50 Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A yet another 'neutral' closed can thread. Slight twist though Last post on 7/6/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.post #1 of 268/17/11 at 10:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 268/17/11 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #3 of 268/17/11 at 10:09am
Welcome to Head-fi and Im sorry about your wallet. =)
Heres a good link to a discussion that could help you on your way to choosing a HP.
Good luck and I hope you can find what your looking for.post #4 of 268/17/11 at 10:15amThread Starterpost #5 of 268/17/11 at 10:15amThread Starterpost #6 of 268/17/11 at 11:07ampost #7 of 268/17/11 at 12:53pmThread Starter
I was hoping someone would give me a few definitive choices and i could go from there. After a bit more reading i decided i probably WILL buy a DAC bit first i need a good set of cans. Also... Please make sure they dont have a lot of sound leakage.post #8 of 268/17/11 at 1:09pmQuote:
Sounds like you need something that can sort of do everything, so more neutral perhaps.
Fischer Audio FA-003
Shure 840 & 940
Ultrasone Pro 550
Sennheiser HD380 Pro
Very best,post #9 of 268/17/11 at 1:14pmThread Starterpost #10 of 268/17/11 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #11 of 268/17/11 at 2:46pmpost #12 of 268/17/11 at 2:49pmQuote:
Ultrasone Pro 550.
Very best,post #13 of 268/17/11 at 9:07pmpost #14 of 269/1/11 at 7:15pmThread Starter
- Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › sennheiser game zero - help request 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › History of the AKG K1000? 2 minutes ago
- › How to spot a fake Audio Technica M50 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrading my speakers 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)