I am looking into buying a new set of headphones. I had the aviators for a bit but i returned them because of the massive sound leakage. I listen to a variety of music including classical, trance, dubstep, and power full choir songs. I plan to use them with my phone and my tablet to i don't really want a set that i need a amp for. I will use them to listen to music but i do video editing too and i want to start editing audio. Right now i have a set of v-moda vibes. The new headphones HAVE to be pretty tough because i am pretty rough on my tech. My budget is pretty big but i am trying to save some money so i am going to set it at $250. Thanks for helping!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 8/17/11
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds - Blushtagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple IEM worth $59? Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleeping Headphones? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Aviators vs. ATH M50 Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A yet another 'neutral' closed can thread. Slight twist though Last post on 7/6/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Firstly, I'd like to thank @d marc0 for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members like...
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.post #1 of 268/17/11 at 10:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 268/17/11 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #3 of 268/17/11 at 10:09am
Welcome to Head-fi and Im sorry about your wallet. =)
Heres a good link to a discussion that could help you on your way to choosing a HP.
Good luck and I hope you can find what your looking for.post #4 of 268/17/11 at 10:15amThread Starterpost #5 of 268/17/11 at 10:15amThread Starterpost #6 of 268/17/11 at 11:07ampost #7 of 268/17/11 at 12:53pmThread Starter
I was hoping someone would give me a few definitive choices and i could go from there. After a bit more reading i decided i probably WILL buy a DAC bit first i need a good set of cans. Also... Please make sure they dont have a lot of sound leakage.post #8 of 268/17/11 at 1:09pmQuote:
Sounds like you need something that can sort of do everything, so more neutral perhaps.
Fischer Audio FA-003
Shure 840 & 940
Ultrasone Pro 550
Sennheiser HD380 Pro
Very best,post #9 of 268/17/11 at 1:14pmThread Starterpost #10 of 268/17/11 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #11 of 268/17/11 at 2:46pmpost #12 of 268/17/11 at 2:49pmQuote:
Ultrasone Pro 550.
Very best,post #13 of 268/17/11 at 9:07pmpost #14 of 269/1/11 at 7:15pmThread Starter
- Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 33 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 40 seconds ago
- › REVIEW (in progress) - Nuforce HDP 24/96 USB-Optical 24/192 Coax... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2