I am looking into buying a new set of headphones. I had the aviators for a bit but i returned them because of the massive sound leakage. I listen to a variety of music including classical, trance, dubstep, and power full choir songs. I plan to use them with my phone and my tablet to i don't really want a set that i need a amp for. I will use them to listen to music but i do video editing too and i want to start editing audio. Right now i have a set of v-moda vibes. The new headphones HAVE to be pretty tough because i am pretty rough on my tech. My budget is pretty big but i am trying to save some money so i am going to set it at $250. Thanks for helping!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 8/17/11
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds - Blushtagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple IEM worth $59? Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleeping Headphones? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Aviators vs. ATH M50 Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A yet another 'neutral' closed can thread. Slight twist though Last post on 7/6/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.post #1 of 268/17/11 at 10:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 268/17/11 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #3 of 268/17/11 at 10:09am
Welcome to Head-fi and Im sorry about your wallet. =)
Heres a good link to a discussion that could help you on your way to choosing a HP.
Good luck and I hope you can find what your looking for.post #4 of 268/17/11 at 10:15amThread Starterpost #5 of 268/17/11 at 10:15amThread Starterpost #6 of 268/17/11 at 11:07ampost #7 of 268/17/11 at 12:53pmThread Starter
I was hoping someone would give me a few definitive choices and i could go from there. After a bit more reading i decided i probably WILL buy a DAC bit first i need a good set of cans. Also... Please make sure they dont have a lot of sound leakage.post #8 of 268/17/11 at 1:09pmQuote:
Sounds like you need something that can sort of do everything, so more neutral perhaps.
Fischer Audio FA-003
Shure 840 & 940
Ultrasone Pro 550
Sennheiser HD380 Pro
Very best,post #9 of 268/17/11 at 1:14pmThread Starterpost #10 of 268/17/11 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #11 of 268/17/11 at 2:46pmpost #12 of 268/17/11 at 2:49pmQuote:
Ultrasone Pro 550.
Very best,post #13 of 268/17/11 at 9:07pmpost #14 of 269/1/11 at 7:15pmThread Starter
- Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hoping to find some nice cans for both Android and PC 31 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...