Title says it all. I am ordering one of these in the next few hours. Which is better for rock? If it is Grado, will it provide enough isolation? They are both the same price
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Ortofon EQ-5 and Grado GR8: Battle of the Moving Armatures Last post on 5/31/16 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [e-Q5 added] Shootout: The Ortofon e-Q7 versus 3 new Final Audio IEMs (FI-BA-A1, FI-BA-SB, FI-BA-SS) Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for rock (under 250 €)? Last post on 11/8/12 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which earphone who sound like ATH ESW9 ? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Grado GR8 vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper for Rock music and Air Travel *Ordering a pair in the next hour*post #1 of 98/17/11 at 10:00amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/17/11 at 12:08pmThread Starter
Any thoughts? All I can find is that I will prefer the Grado sound better, but they do have less isolation than the Coppers. What I want to know is if grados isolation will work well enough for air travel.post #3 of 98/17/11 at 1:01pmThread Starter
Decided to go with the Coppers for $189 brand new. I did not want to risk the isolation not being up to my expectations with the grados. And ultimately, the extra accessories are very nice with Coppers. I know for sure that at some point down the road I will want to get the grados (or e-q5). I am sucker for great mids and vocals.
Hopefully the Coppers do not let me down.post #4 of 98/18/11 at 6:37amThread Starter
I want to keep this thread alive as I might return the Coppers (I've heard about build/QA issues). I would be considering the e-q5 and GR8s as replacements but I would like to hear some feedback about isolation.post #5 of 98/18/11 at 6:48ampost #6 of 99/4/11 at 5:02pm
Subjective feedback goes only so far ...
(Notes: not Cu. best iso: GR10. Best THD perf.: MTP)
Also see metrics of GR8 vs ER-4 vs. others here ...
The GR8 and MTP seem to be partially diffuse-field ED'd (i.e., bump at ~ 8, 10 kHz).
Personally, I don't like any of these FR curves. But MTP are some of the lowest-THD IEMs out there ... FWTW, of course.
SUGGESTION: Go for the MasterCard maxer ... the GR10s!!!
Edited by alphaman - 9/4/11 at 5:13pmpost #7 of 99/4/11 at 5:08pmpost #8 of 99/4/11 at 5:11pmpost #9 of 99/4/11 at 8:58pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Grado GR8 vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper for Rock music and Air Travel *Ordering a pair in the next hour*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Singxer SU-1 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 5 minutes ago
- › The Headphone Driver Pics Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear