Title says it all. I am ordering one of these in the next few hours. Which is better for rock? If it is Grado, will it provide enough isolation? They are both the same price
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Ortofon EQ-5 and Grado GR8: Battle of the Moving Armatures Last post on 12/18/12 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [e-Q5 added] Shootout: The Ortofon e-Q7 versus 3 new Final Audio IEMs (FI-BA-A1, FI-BA-SB, FI-BA-SS) Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for rock (under 250 €)? Last post on 11/8/12 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which earphone who sound like ATH ESW9 ? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Grado GR8 vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper for Rock music and Air Travel *Ordering a pair in the next hour*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Any thoughts? All I can find is that I will prefer the Grado sound better, but they do have less isolation than the Coppers. What I want to know is if grados isolation will work well enough for air travel.
Decided to go with the Coppers for $189 brand new. I did not want to risk the isolation not being up to my expectations with the grados. And ultimately, the extra accessories are very nice with Coppers. I know for sure that at some point down the road I will want to get the grados (or e-q5). I am sucker for great mids and vocals.
Hopefully the Coppers do not let me down.
I want to keep this thread alive as I might return the Coppers (I've heard about build/QA issues). I would be considering the e-q5 and GR8s as replacements but I would like to hear some feedback about isolation.
Subjective feedback goes only so far ...
(Notes: not Cu. best iso: GR10. Best THD perf.: MTP)
Also see metrics of GR8 vs ER-4 vs. others here ...
The GR8 and MTP seem to be partially diffuse-field ED'd (i.e., bump at ~ 8, 10 kHz).
Personally, I don't like any of these FR curves. But MTP are some of the lowest-THD IEMs out there ... FWTW, of course.
SUGGESTION: Go for the MasterCard maxer ... the GR10s!!!
Edited by alphaman - 9/4/11 at 5:13pm
- Grado GR8 vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper for Rock music and Air Travel *Ordering a pair in the next hour*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 4 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 51 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 52 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › LCD-X, brand new, bought Mid-March, with free leather headband 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 5 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge Duo cheap in EU 5 minutes ago
- › AKG k550 alternate ear pads? 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2