Title says it all. I am ordering one of these in the next few hours. Which is better for rock? If it is Grado, will it provide enough isolation? They are both the same price
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Ortofon EQ-5 and Grado GR8: Battle of the Moving Armatures Last post on 12/18/12 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [e-Q5 added] Shootout: The Ortofon e-Q7 versus 3 new Final Audio IEMs (FI-BA-A1, FI-BA-SB, FI-BA-SS) Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for rock (under 250 €)? Last post on 11/8/12 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which earphone who sound like ATH ESW9 ? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Grado GR8 vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper for Rock music and Air Travel *Ordering a pair in the...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Any thoughts? All I can find is that I will prefer the Grado sound better, but they do have less isolation than the Coppers. What I want to know is if grados isolation will work well enough for air travel.
Decided to go with the Coppers for $189 brand new. I did not want to risk the isolation not being up to my expectations with the grados. And ultimately, the extra accessories are very nice with Coppers. I know for sure that at some point down the road I will want to get the grados (or e-q5). I am sucker for great mids and vocals.
Hopefully the Coppers do not let me down.
I want to keep this thread alive as I might return the Coppers (I've heard about build/QA issues). I would be considering the e-q5 and GR8s as replacements but I would like to hear some feedback about isolation.
Subjective feedback goes only so far ...
(Notes: not Cu. best iso: GR10. Best THD perf.: MTP)
Also see metrics of GR8 vs ER-4 vs. others here ...
The GR8 and MTP seem to be partially diffuse-field ED'd (i.e., bump at ~ 8, 10 kHz).
Personally, I don't like any of these FR curves. But MTP are some of the lowest-THD IEMs out there ... FWTW, of course.
SUGGESTION: Go for the MasterCard maxer ... the GR10s!!!
Edited by alphaman - 9/4/11 at 5:13pm
- Grado GR8 vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper for Rock music and Air Travel *Ordering a pair in the next hour*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › IBasso DX90 vs AK120 vs AK100 vs HM901 vs Colorfly C4 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Could you fix my RE272 [AUS] 4 minutes ago
- › New ear tips for Sony 7550s? 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › What DAC/amp for Beyerdynamic T90? 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)