Title says it all. I am ordering one of these in the next few hours. Which is better for rock? If it is Grado, will it provide enough isolation? They are both the same price
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Ortofon EQ-5 and Grado GR8: Battle of the Moving Armatures Last post on 12/18/12 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [e-Q5 added] Shootout: The Ortofon e-Q7 versus 3 new Final Audio IEMs (FI-BA-A1, FI-BA-SB, FI-BA-SS) Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for rock (under 250 €)? Last post on 11/8/12 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which earphone who sound like ATH ESW9 ? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Grado GR8 vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper for Rock music and Air Travel *Ordering a pair in the...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Any thoughts? All I can find is that I will prefer the Grado sound better, but they do have less isolation than the Coppers. What I want to know is if grados isolation will work well enough for air travel.
Decided to go with the Coppers for $189 brand new. I did not want to risk the isolation not being up to my expectations with the grados. And ultimately, the extra accessories are very nice with Coppers. I know for sure that at some point down the road I will want to get the grados (or e-q5). I am sucker for great mids and vocals.
Hopefully the Coppers do not let me down.
I want to keep this thread alive as I might return the Coppers (I've heard about build/QA issues). I would be considering the e-q5 and GR8s as replacements but I would like to hear some feedback about isolation.
Subjective feedback goes only so far ...
(Notes: not Cu. best iso: GR10. Best THD perf.: MTP)
Also see metrics of GR8 vs ER-4 vs. others here ...
The GR8 and MTP seem to be partially diffuse-field ED'd (i.e., bump at ~ 8, 10 kHz).
Personally, I don't like any of these FR curves. But MTP are some of the lowest-THD IEMs out there ... FWTW, of course.
SUGGESTION: Go for the MasterCard maxer ... the GR10s!!!
Edited by alphaman - 9/4/11 at 5:13pm
- Grado GR8 vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper for Rock music and Air Travel *Ordering a pair in the next hour*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 46 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 47 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared 55 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 3 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3