Title says it all. I am ordering one of these in the next few hours. Which is better for rock? If it is Grado, will it provide enough isolation? They are both the same price
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Ortofon EQ-5 and Grado GR8: Battle of the Moving Armatures Last post on 12/18/12 at 7:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [e-Q5 added] Shootout: The Ortofon e-Q7 versus 3 new Final Audio IEMs (FI-BA-A1, FI-BA-SB, FI-BA-SS) Last post on 11/6/12 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for rock (under 250 €)? Last post on 11/8/12 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which earphone who sound like ATH ESW9 ? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Grado GR8 vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper for Rock music and Air Travel *Ordering a pair in the...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Any thoughts? All I can find is that I will prefer the Grado sound better, but they do have less isolation than the Coppers. What I want to know is if grados isolation will work well enough for air travel.
Decided to go with the Coppers for $189 brand new. I did not want to risk the isolation not being up to my expectations with the grados. And ultimately, the extra accessories are very nice with Coppers. I know for sure that at some point down the road I will want to get the grados (or e-q5). I am sucker for great mids and vocals.
Hopefully the Coppers do not let me down.
I want to keep this thread alive as I might return the Coppers (I've heard about build/QA issues). I would be considering the e-q5 and GR8s as replacements but I would like to hear some feedback about isolation.
Subjective feedback goes only so far ...
(Notes: not Cu. best iso: GR10. Best THD perf.: MTP)
Also see metrics of GR8 vs ER-4 vs. others here ...
The GR8 and MTP seem to be partially diffuse-field ED'd (i.e., bump at ~ 8, 10 kHz).
Personally, I don't like any of these FR curves. But MTP are some of the lowest-THD IEMs out there ... FWTW, of course.
SUGGESTION: Go for the MasterCard maxer ... the GR10s!!!
Edited by alphaman - 9/4/11 at 5:13pm
- Grado GR8 vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper for Rock music and Air Travel *Ordering a pair in the next hour*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sound doesn't work anymore on the right side 47 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › AKG K712 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Approx $30 headphones 3 choices need help 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › Best amp set up for Audeze LCD-2's? 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 8 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)