I'm currently using some KSC-75's with my Android phone and laptop for music, and for the price I'm very happy with them, but I really need something with an inline mic, and something less weather-sensitive than open on-ear phones would be nice too. I'd like something with audio at least as good as that of the 75's, and not exceptionally bassy. I'd also like to keep it under $50 if possible, although that's not absolutely necessary. What are my options?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productNuforce NE-700M Audiophile-Grade Earphone with microphone (smoky bronze color)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productNuForce NE-7M Stereo Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible)tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Where to go after NuForce IEMs? Last post on 3/31/13 at 5:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nuforce to Velodyne vPulse? Last post on 3/10/13 at 7:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nuforce ne 7ms broke - replacement? Last post on 10/9/11 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75 Last post on 1/27/14 at 2:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Need earbuds (or headphones, maybe) with inline mic
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you're OK with in-ears, the Nuforce NE-7M has an inline mic, sounds really good, and sells for $49. It is slightly bass heavy, though not excessive IMO.
There's also the NE-700M which is a newer model with a more neutral sound signature that goes for $75. (I haven't heard them, but I believe the opinions on them are positive.)
EDIT: Not sure if the NE-7M is available anymore. Showing out of stock. The NE-700M is worth considering though.
Edited by barleyguy - 8/17/11 at 12:10am
- Need earbuds (or headphones, maybe) with inline mic
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 19 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 35 seconds ago
- › FS: Like-New ALO Audio The PanAm Black Headphone Amplifier with... 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Where to Buy Narrow Barrelled 3.5mm Audio Cables ? 6 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)