I'm currently using some KSC-75's with my Android phone and laptop for music, and for the price I'm very happy with them, but I really need something with an inline mic, and something less weather-sensitive than open on-ear phones would be nice too. I'd like something with audio at least as good as that of the 75's, and not exceptionally bassy. I'd also like to keep it under $50 if possible, although that's not absolutely necessary. What are my options?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productNuforce NE-700M Audiophile-Grade Earphone with microphone (smoky bronze color)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productNuForce NE-7M Stereo Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible)tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Where to go after NuForce IEMs? Last post on 3/31/13 at 5:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nuforce to Velodyne vPulse? Last post on 3/10/13 at 7:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nuforce ne 7ms broke - replacement? Last post on 10/9/11 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75 Last post on 1/27/14 at 2:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Need earbuds (or headphones, maybe) with inline mic
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you're OK with in-ears, the Nuforce NE-7M has an inline mic, sounds really good, and sells for $49. It is slightly bass heavy, though not excessive IMO.
There's also the NE-700M which is a newer model with a more neutral sound signature that goes for $75. (I haven't heard them, but I believe the opinions on them are positive.)
EDIT: Not sure if the NE-7M is available anymore. Showing out of stock. The NE-700M is worth considering though.
Edited by barleyguy - 8/17/11 at 12:10am
- Need earbuds (or headphones, maybe) with inline mic
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 35 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › 7th Gen (2009) iPod Classic 160 SQ 2 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 5 minutes ago
- › WANTED Audio Technica M50x Limited Edition 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)