I'm currently using some KSC-75's with my Android phone and laptop for music, and for the price I'm very happy with them, but I really need something with an inline mic, and something less weather-sensitive than open on-ear phones would be nice too. I'd like something with audio at least as good as that of the 75's, and not exceptionally bassy. I'd also like to keep it under $50 if possible, although that's not absolutely necessary. What are my options?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productNuforce NE-700M Audiophile-Grade Earphone with microphone (smoky bronze color)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productNuForce NE-7M Stereo Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible)tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Where to go after NuForce IEMs? Last post on 3/31/13 at 5:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nuforce to Velodyne vPulse? Last post on 3/10/13 at 7:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nuforce ne 7ms broke - replacement? Last post on 10/9/11 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75 Last post on 1/27/14 at 2:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Need earbuds (or headphones, maybe) with inline mic
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you're OK with in-ears, the Nuforce NE-7M has an inline mic, sounds really good, and sells for $49. It is slightly bass heavy, though not excessive IMO.
There's also the NE-700M which is a newer model with a more neutral sound signature that goes for $75. (I haven't heard them, but I believe the opinions on them are positive.)
EDIT: Not sure if the NE-7M is available anymore. Showing out of stock. The NE-700M is worth considering though.
Edited by barleyguy - 8/17/11 at 12:10am
- Need earbuds (or headphones, maybe) with inline mic
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The 1963 Amperex Holland 7308 Bugle Boy, The Tube That Doesn't Exist 11 seconds ago
- › The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details 33 seconds ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 44 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2