I'm currently using some KSC-75's with my Android phone and laptop for music, and for the price I'm very happy with them, but I really need something with an inline mic, and something less weather-sensitive than open on-ear phones would be nice too. I'd like something with audio at least as good as that of the 75's, and not exceptionally bassy. I'd also like to keep it under $50 if possible, although that's not absolutely necessary. What are my options?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productNuforce NE-700M Audiophile-Grade Earphone with microphone (smoky bronze color)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productNuForce NE-7M Stereo Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible)tagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Where to go after NuForce IEMs? Last post on 3/31/13 at 5:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nuforce to Velodyne vPulse? Last post on 3/10/13 at 7:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nuforce ne 7ms broke - replacement? Last post on 10/9/11 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75 Last post on 1/27/14 at 2:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Need earbuds (or headphones, maybe) with inline mic
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you're OK with in-ears, the Nuforce NE-7M has an inline mic, sounds really good, and sells for $49. It is slightly bass heavy, though not excessive IMO.
There's also the NE-700M which is a newer model with a more neutral sound signature that goes for $75. (I haven't heard them, but I believe the opinions on them are positive.)
EDIT: Not sure if the NE-7M is available anymore. Showing out of stock. The NE-700M is worth considering though.
Edited by barleyguy - 8/17/11 at 12:10am
- Need earbuds (or headphones, maybe) with inline mic
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 14 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 16 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 45 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Help with speakers in whole home audio system in new house 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2