- 47 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones/Amp Combo for Classical Music (especially Opera); Budget: $2000-2500 Last post on 2/23/13 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
What headphones work best with the WA2 - Page 3post #31 of 354/22/12 at 4:57pmMy Sennheiser's arrived and I'm listening them though he headphone out of my DAC. I couldn't be more pleased with the sound and can't wait for the WA2 to arrive and then I'll be even more pleased!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 356/1/12 at 4:23pmpost #33 of 357/1/12 at 3:11pm
Found a couple of pleased WA2 users running their JVC HP-DX1000's from the WA2
Type: Airtightness dynamic type
Unit diameter: Phi 50mm
Playback frequency zone: 4hz - 30,000Hz
Rated impedance: 64 Ohms
Output overpressure value: 102dB/1mW
Maximum permissible input: 1,500mW (IEC standard)
Cord/code: Wrapping (7n-OFC) 3.5m and phi 6.3mm24 gold plating stereo standard plug attaching
Edited by ardilla - 7/1/12 at 3:12pmpost #34 of 357/4/12 at 3:45am
I'll copy/paste from another thread:
DX1000 sounds GREAT paired with WA2
(I'm selling my DX1000, sale is pending, since I rarely get a chance to listen to music at home, and when I do, I prefer T1. But for rock music and also a lot of reggae and soul music, I prefer DX1000. Just can't afford to have this kind of luxury lying around unused...)
WA2 controls DX1000 really well. And the soundstage is just amazing:-)"post #35 of 357/4/12 at 3:54am
Another closed headphone that work very well with the WA2 is Beyerdynamic Manufaktur DT770 600ohm. I had a DT880 vintage 600 ohm as well, but I thought the DT770 was better with WA2. Though I must say Beyerdynamics new line is a step up in overall sound quality over the DT-series. I'm now using T1 as my favourite with WA2 along with Senn D650.
Anyone have WA2 and ER4S? If yes, try and plug them in. A very special combination. I love it.
- What headphones work best with the WA2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 14 seconds ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 48 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - IMPRESSIONS, DISCUSSION, TOUR 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › grado hf2 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...