- 47 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones/Amp Combo for Classical Music (especially Opera); Budget: $2000-2500 Last post on 2/23/13 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Forgive me in advance for this review won't be focused too much on the sound. From the little while that I was able to listen to these headphones, they sounded amazing. They had a neutral tone...
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
What headphones work best with the WA2 - Page 3post #31 of 354/22/12 at 4:57pmMy Sennheiser's arrived and I'm listening them though he headphone out of my DAC. I couldn't be more pleased with the sound and can't wait for the WA2 to arrive and then I'll be even more pleased!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 356/1/12 at 4:23pmpost #33 of 357/1/12 at 3:11pm
Found a couple of pleased WA2 users running their JVC HP-DX1000's from the WA2
Type: Airtightness dynamic type
Unit diameter: Phi 50mm
Playback frequency zone: 4hz - 30,000Hz
Rated impedance: 64 Ohms
Output overpressure value: 102dB/1mW
Maximum permissible input: 1,500mW (IEC standard)
Cord/code: Wrapping (7n-OFC) 3.5m and phi 6.3mm24 gold plating stereo standard plug attaching
Edited by ardilla - 7/1/12 at 3:12pmpost #34 of 357/4/12 at 3:45am
I'll copy/paste from another thread:
DX1000 sounds GREAT paired with WA2
(I'm selling my DX1000, sale is pending, since I rarely get a chance to listen to music at home, and when I do, I prefer T1. But for rock music and also a lot of reggae and soul music, I prefer DX1000. Just can't afford to have this kind of luxury lying around unused...)
WA2 controls DX1000 really well. And the soundstage is just amazing:-)"post #35 of 357/4/12 at 3:54am
Another closed headphone that work very well with the WA2 is Beyerdynamic Manufaktur DT770 600ohm. I had a DT880 vintage 600 ohm as well, but I thought the DT770 was better with WA2. Though I must say Beyerdynamics new line is a step up in overall sound quality over the DT-series. I'm now using T1 as my favourite with WA2 along with Senn D650.
Anyone have WA2 and ER4S? If yes, try and plug them in. A very special combination. I love it.
- What headphones work best with the WA2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 30 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 52 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with Beats By Dre Pro headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3