- 47 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones/Amp Combo for Classical Music (especially Opera); Budget: $2000-2500 Last post on 2/23/13 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
This review won't be too detailed, just a vote of respect for such a fine pair of headphones. I tend to like warm toned headphones, rather than purely neutral sets, and the Philips Fidelio X2 has...
The NAD VISO HP50 could have been a truly outstanding headphone. They produced a set with great sound, with a marvelous midrange, bass when it is called for in the music and highs that do not...
Philips SHP8000 40mm Dynamic Semi Open Full-size Headphones 10/21/2016 This ends up being an import only, semi-open, full-size around-ear headphone, priced at about $80.00...
What can I say the bass is nice on this after all it's in the XB series. It is somewhat well controlled. I did notice with stronger bass music it tends to hit almost distortion levels. The treble...
What headphones work best with the WA2 - Page 3post #31 of 354/22/12 at 4:57pmMy Sennheiser's arrived and I'm listening them though he headphone out of my DAC. I couldn't be more pleased with the sound and can't wait for the WA2 to arrive and then I'll be even more pleased!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 356/1/12 at 4:23pmpost #33 of 357/1/12 at 3:11pm
Found a couple of pleased WA2 users running their JVC HP-DX1000's from the WA2
Type: Airtightness dynamic type
Unit diameter: Phi 50mm
Playback frequency zone: 4hz - 30,000Hz
Rated impedance: 64 Ohms
Output overpressure value: 102dB/1mW
Maximum permissible input: 1,500mW (IEC standard)
Cord/code: Wrapping (7n-OFC) 3.5m and phi 6.3mm24 gold plating stereo standard plug attaching
Edited by ardilla - 7/1/12 at 3:12pmpost #34 of 357/4/12 at 3:45am
I'll copy/paste from another thread:
DX1000 sounds GREAT paired with WA2
(I'm selling my DX1000, sale is pending, since I rarely get a chance to listen to music at home, and when I do, I prefer T1. But for rock music and also a lot of reggae and soul music, I prefer DX1000. Just can't afford to have this kind of luxury lying around unused...)
WA2 controls DX1000 really well. And the soundstage is just amazing:-)"post #35 of 357/4/12 at 3:54am
Another closed headphone that work very well with the WA2 is Beyerdynamic Manufaktur DT770 600ohm. I had a DT880 vintage 600 ohm as well, but I thought the DT770 was better with WA2. Though I must say Beyerdynamics new line is a step up in overall sound quality over the DT-series. I'm now using T1 as my favourite with WA2 along with Senn D650.
Anyone have WA2 and ER4S? If yes, try and plug them in. A very special combination. I love it.
- What headphones work best with the WA2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Do i need a DAC or an amp to get the best of my headphones with my... 12 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 33 seconds ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor by Kerry56
- › Chord&Major 01'16 Electric Tonal Earphone by Cinder
- › Cowon PM2-128SL Plenue M2 PM2 High Resolution Music Player 128GB... by twister6
- › Chord & Major 8'13 for Rock by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...