- 47 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 8/18/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones/Amp Combo for Classical Music (especially Opera); Budget: $2000-2500 Last post on 2/23/13 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Upgrade Ideas from Denon AH-D7000 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone has the most neutral tonal balance? (poll) Last post on 3/2/13 at 8:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
What headphones work best with the WA2 - Page 3post #31 of 354/22/12 at 4:57pmMy Sennheiser's arrived and I'm listening them though he headphone out of my DAC. I couldn't be more pleased with the sound and can't wait for the WA2 to arrive and then I'll be even more pleased!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 356/1/12 at 4:23pmpost #33 of 357/1/12 at 3:11pm
Found a couple of pleased WA2 users running their JVC HP-DX1000's from the WA2
Type: Airtightness dynamic type
Unit diameter: Phi 50mm
Playback frequency zone: 4hz - 30,000Hz
Rated impedance: 64 Ohms
Output overpressure value: 102dB/1mW
Maximum permissible input: 1,500mW (IEC standard)
Cord/code: Wrapping (7n-OFC) 3.5m and phi 6.3mm24 gold plating stereo standard plug attaching
Edited by ardilla - 7/1/12 at 3:12pmpost #34 of 357/4/12 at 3:45am
I'll copy/paste from another thread:
DX1000 sounds GREAT paired with WA2
(I'm selling my DX1000, sale is pending, since I rarely get a chance to listen to music at home, and when I do, I prefer T1. But for rock music and also a lot of reggae and soul music, I prefer DX1000. Just can't afford to have this kind of luxury lying around unused...)
WA2 controls DX1000 really well. And the soundstage is just amazing:-)"post #35 of 357/4/12 at 3:54am
Another closed headphone that work very well with the WA2 is Beyerdynamic Manufaktur DT770 600ohm. I had a DT880 vintage 600 ohm as well, but I thought the DT770 was better with WA2. Though I must say Beyerdynamics new line is a step up in overall sound quality over the DT-series. I'm now using T1 as my favourite with WA2 along with Senn D650.
Anyone have WA2 and ER4S? If yes, try and plug them in. A very special combination. I love it.
- What headphones work best with the WA2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 17 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 34 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 14 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 15 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2