When I first listened to my ER4-PT I knew that none of my other IEMs are gonna ever satisfy me now. In the past few weeks I have sold off all my other IEMs: TF10, SE535, CK10, IE7, etc etc...
I love listening to these to sleep. There seems to be no end to the ER4's clarity and transparency, and I find myself drawn very very deep into the music and can get into a very tranquil state. I put them on especially when I can't sleep.
Now sometimes when I do that... well, I fall asleep with them in my ears and wake up finding myself all tangled with the cords, and the earpieces are always hanging in very compromising positions that cannot be good for their longevity...
So here it is. I'm looking for a pair of IEMs, with sound as pleasing as the Ety's, but one that won't hurt my brains when I lay on my side, and durable enough for all the unconscious tosses and turns after I pass out.
What I'm looking for:
- I guess it doesn't have to be exact Ety-like, but definitely non-bassy, good clarity and transparency, and tranquil. Not laid-back, but tranquil.
- However, I very much disliked the way the CK10 sounds after comparing them to the ER4-PT. The mid/lower-treble spike is just nasty, and no amount of tip changing and EQing helped (I don't really believe in EQ anyway)
- Fit is important. I tried the HF5s because I thought the shorter earpieces would mean they don't sit out as much as the ER4's do, but still when I'm laying sideways I can feel a pinch into me brains. However, I LOVE the way the Ety's smaller triple-flanges fit. I mean, Monster tri-flanges on CK10 was not very comfortable for me, but weirdly I can wear the straight-barrel ER4 for hours.
What I am considering:
- B2. They got style, they are on sale, they have angled nozzles. But I am terrified that it may sound like the CK10s, with the monstrous mid-treble boost that scrapes my brains out. i could never sleep to my CK10.
- PFEs. I know the earpieces sit vertically outside the ears, but it looks like it wouldn't be too bad if I laid sideways with them on.
- Um. I'm out.
So help me, guys! I am counting on your diverse opinions and experiences. My poor ER4-PT thanks you!