I've been surfing the web for a couple day now trying to choose my headphone, to finally understand this forum seems to be the "gold standard" as for information about headphones.
I'm still searching but a bid of your help would be greatly appreciated.
Here are my needs:
*The price is not yet a problem so I have no price range restriction, although I don't want something over 1000$... if you know what I mean.
- I want my headphones to be completely wireless (no wire, no usb dungle, no dock station).
- I want to be able to lay in my bed or walk into the house without the laptop with me (especially for Google/Skype Phone Calls) (this let me conclude that any IR (infra red) wouldn't be suitable since they require the headphones to be in sight of the IR signal transmitter to communicate.
- I will be using these both for phone call and listening to music as long as playing so games (so It requires a Mic for the phones calls and must have some decent sound quality. )
- Mic must be part of the headphones themself (mic stick or built-in mic) (not on a duck station, usb dungle or anywhere else than on the headphones themselves. Why ? ---> because I want to be as much mobile as possible and I don't want to be forced to bring any added accessories with me to be able to make a calls.
- I'm looking for something portable but no ear buds. (something suitable for both outdoor and home)
- Transmission range (both mic and speakers): doesn't need more than 10 meters but no less than 4 meters
So that's pretty much it.
From the searches I've done so far, I came up to some certitude that I need something bluetooth, since all other transmission technologies I know wouldn't suit all of my previously mentioned needs. (let me know if I'm wrong)
It's hard to search directly on the manufacturer's websites, because they all seems to list their very latest models only.
Here are some models I found that meet all the requirements I have mentionned above (I used headphones.com for my selection since it is the only site that offer a decent selection wizard (i.e by type of transmission, with or without mic, etc..) :
Sennheiser: MM100 - MM400 - MM450 - MM550
Creative: WP300 - WP350
Plantronic: the Pulsar series
Nokia: BH 905
I'm almost sure I missed many, and that's where you guys comes into play. Let me know what's your suggestion ? (I know there are many more brand I missed like Denon, Bose, Creative Labs, Logitech, etc. etc..... so please share your knowledge with me and help me making a good choice.)
Edited by headfimarc - 8/14/11 at 10:32pm