The bass on the ER-4 was super detailed and razor sharp, yes..... but too thin and lacking in.. how to put it... uummph.
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 8/15/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/15/11
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/15/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 8/15/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM help: Looking for my last IEM Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the prowl again for IEM. Need input. Last post on 3/28/11 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Other multiple driver universal IEMs Last post on 6/9/10 at 7:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
BA vs. Dynamic drivers: A discussion - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1348/19/11 at 7:02ampost #93 of 1348/19/11 at 7:11am
ER-4PT direct out of a standard mp3 player was really dull.
ER-4PT(S) + 75 ohm cable out of a headphone amp (Yulong U100) really took them up a level, however I felt I could drive the ER-4S just fine out of my DAP, or at max volume out of my laptop.
I never EQ'd them actually, but the razory bass is ill-suited for my electronic music, which often has distorted bass on purpose, and then the ER-4 really just shows that shredded bass to you and it sounds like something is incorrect (when it's not, it's just displaying that information in the bass to you in an uncommon way), so the ER-4S was ill-suited for that, however I still liked them a lot, apart from the fit.
I'd be happy to try the ER-4 again in a custom IEM, which I intend on doing rather soon I think, I think the perfect fit and perhaps eq'ing the bass like you're saying with result in a pretty good sound.
The EX600 btw, I find is leaning more towards razory bass than uumphy bass, it's just borderline razory for me, to be honest I like the bass in the EX700 better, which quite likely has my subjective favorite bass in any IEM, but the EX600 mids are far far nicer than the EX700.
Edit: The EX600 has better sub-bass than the EX700 though, however it has less hmm how to explain this... it has less viscerality.... ugh I hate analyzing the weaknesses of the EX600 I love this IEM so much.
Edited by kiteki - 8/19/11 at 7:16ampost #94 of 1348/22/11 at 10:46pmpost #95 of 1348/22/11 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by kiteki
and by the way, let me deviate with a highly subjective and colourful statement for a moment:
I'm listening to the EX600 right now and it crushes the ER-4P all over the place, it's like listening to full-size blaring floor speakers versus 10cm tall logitechs, it's like Usain Bolt competing against Jennifer Lopez in a 100m sprint, it's like technicolor ice-cream versus plain vanilla, it's like passionfruit vodka versus fermented tap water in Sierra Leone.
That's a bit exaggerated!post #96 of 1348/22/11 at 11:41pmpost #97 of 1348/22/11 at 11:49pmpost #98 of 1348/23/11 at 12:02ampost #99 of 1341/12/12 at 1:43pmpost #100 of 1341/12/12 at 1:47pm
Old thread, but Kiteki is right. The Etys have little bass impact due to the nature of the BA. But razor sharp is a good way to put it. I like this kind of bass. I think the more impact that is present, the less resolution you get (with the hf5).post #101 of 1341/12/12 at 6:37pmpost #102 of 1341/12/12 at 6:41pm
How about those of us that sold ours. Two or three times even.
Nothing.post #103 of 1341/12/12 at 6:47pm
While IEM's like the Ety's might not have the same BOOM as some dynamics and even other BA's but with a descant amp the bass sounds very clean and can go relatively deep with a good bit of punch. To be honest I think my HF5 while its bass doesn't have the same impact as my TF10's or FXT90's it has a more clean and cohesive sound but thats not to say I like it more than the others. I still like my Ety's a lot and their a good change of pace IEM for me when I want a more detailed sound.
Edited by jiff - 1/12/12 at 7:19pmpost #104 of 1341/12/12 at 6:49pmpost #105 of 1341/12/12 at 7:23pm
It doesn't move much air like dynamic drivers.
Also, if anyone's interested, I don't have a preference for dynamic or BA, it entirely depends on the headphone. Having heard quite a few IEMs the EX600 and hf5 remains my favorites, both are fairly flat, yet they sound so different.
Edited by staxxx - 1/12/12 at 7:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BA vs. Dynamic drivers: A discussion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Xiaomi Portable Mouse 3 minutes ago
- › Parasound and Burson adventure 3 minutes ago
- › IC: STAX Sigma Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Dac/Amp for smartphone vs Dedicated Dap 5 minutes ago
- › Taction Technology KANNON Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear