1. Do you have balanced headphones? If so, which ones?
As of now I do not own any balanced headphones.
2. If not, are you looking at balanced headphones or a balanced amp in the future?
If Schiit Audio will indeed release a balanced amp in the future, then yes.
3. For balanced headphone output, how important is it to have dual three-pin XLRs as well as a 4-pin XLR?
I think a balanced headphone amp should have both 3-pin and 4-pin XLRs, unless the mere presence of 3-pin can lower the quality of the 4-pin.
4. For a balanced amp, how important is it to also have single-ended outputs?
If having an extra single-ended output can deteriote the quality of the balanced outputs, then no. If not, the more the merrier.
5. If single-ended is important, is the quality of the single-ended outputs as important as the balanced outputs, or is this more of a “utility” thing so you can use all kinds of different headphones?
Once again, if the addition of a high-quality single-ended output deteriote the quality of balanced outputs, then I'd say no. If not, the quality of the single-ended output is just as important.
A balanced headphone amp from Schiit! That's very good to hear. Of course, I'm sure you haven't even started making it, but reflecting on the great success of Asgard, Valhalla, and Lyr for their exceptional value and design at phenomenal value (for something made not in China but in the USA), I'm really looking forward to its production. If the balanced amp were to be released with critical acclaim, I'd seriously consider recabling my current headphone to a balanced one.
Although you probably won't be able to tell us the precise date of its release, could we at least have an approximate time frame (for example, before the end of this year)? Will it be a solid state or have tubes? Will it be of the same size as Schiit's previous line of creations? And most of all, the price: will it be another exceptional yet affordable amp for under $1000, or a very high-end Schiit that costs up to a couple of thousand dollars? If you have plans about pricing - whether to make it affordable like the rest or aim for something a lot higher - I'd like to hear about it.
Anyways, I'd love to win that Valhalla! Keep up the good work!