Hello fellow Head-fi'ers, I recently got a pair of K271 and I've been looking around, and have read that sound quite better with an amp, A) Is this true? B) What portable amp would someone recommend for me, or any advice would be appreciated, thanks! Or would a desktop amp be better for these? (I perfer portable because school is coming back and I'll mostly being using them away from my computer)
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp for AKG K271 MKI Last post on 8/2/11 at 1:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for the AKG K271 Last post on 8/16/11 at 11:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed Grados - A Compilation of 30 Threads (+ Poll) Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 & K271 Bundle Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:10pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Help!!! Akg k271 mk-2 OR Shure Srh-840 OR ath900x Last post on 8/23/13 at 5:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
- Headphone Impedance
Amp for AKG K271 MKI
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a pair too and yes amping definately improves the hp.
I would suggest an ibasso model, p4 or something with dac built in. also something that is opamp rollable. in that way you can find the sound you like the most.
For something you could use at the desk top (AC powered).
a single tube headphone amplifier from eBay,
prices start around $50 and they ship from China.
My Indeed 6922EH single tube headphone amp. is very small.
- Amp for AKG K271 MKI
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 16 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 43 seconds ago
- › Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › My IEM days are over, per Doctor's orders 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2