Hello fellow Head-fi'ers, I recently got a pair of K271 and I've been looking around, and have read that sound quite better with an amp, A) Is this true? B) What portable amp would someone recommend for me, or any advice would be appreciated, thanks! Or would a desktop amp be better for these? (I perfer portable because school is coming back and I'll mostly being using them away from my computer)
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp for AKG K271 MKI Last post on 8/2/11 at 1:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for the AKG K271 Last post on 8/16/11 at 11:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed Grados - A Compilation of 30 Threads (+ Poll) Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 & K271 Bundle Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:10pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Help!!! Akg k271 mk-2 OR Shure Srh-840 OR ath900x Last post on 8/23/13 at 5:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
- Headphone Impedance
Amp for AKG K271 MKI
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a pair too and yes amping definately improves the hp.
I would suggest an ibasso model, p4 or something with dac built in. also something that is opamp rollable. in that way you can find the sound you like the most.
For something you could use at the desk top (AC powered).
a single tube headphone amplifier from eBay,
prices start around $50 and they ship from China.
My Indeed 6922EH single tube headphone amp. is very small.
- Amp for AKG K271 MKI
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 8 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman He-400 vs Sennheiser hd600 vs Fidelio x1 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD480 or HD440II Replacement Cable 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › Looking For Budget IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)