Hello fellow Head-fi'ers, I recently got a pair of K271 and I've been looking around, and have read that sound quite better with an amp, A) Is this true? B) What portable amp would someone recommend for me, or any advice would be appreciated, thanks! Or would a desktop amp be better for these? (I perfer portable because school is coming back and I'll mostly being using them away from my computer)
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp for AKG K271 MKI Last post on 8/2/11 at 1:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for the AKG K271 Last post on 8/16/11 at 11:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed Grados - A Compilation of 30 Threads (+ Poll) Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 & K271 Bundle Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:10pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Help!!! Akg k271 mk-2 OR Shure Srh-840 OR ath900x Last post on 8/23/13 at 5:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
- Headphone Impedance
Amp for AKG K271 MKI
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a pair too and yes amping definately improves the hp.
I would suggest an ibasso model, p4 or something with dac built in. also something that is opamp rollable. in that way you can find the sound you like the most.
For something you could use at the desk top (AC powered).
a single tube headphone amplifier from eBay,
prices start around $50 and they ship from China.
My Indeed 6922EH single tube headphone amp. is very small.
- Amp for AKG K271 MKI
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Astell&Kern AK380 20 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › Wireworld Eclipse 6 Copper Sennheiser HD800 Cable 2M 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 11 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 12 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)