Hello fellow Head-fi'ers, I recently got a pair of K271 and I've been looking around, and have read that sound quite better with an amp, A) Is this true? B) What portable amp would someone recommend for me, or any advice would be appreciated, thanks! Or would a desktop amp be better for these? (I perfer portable because school is coming back and I'll mostly being using them away from my computer)
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp for AKG K271 MKI Last post on 8/2/11 at 1:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for the AKG K271 Last post on 8/16/11 at 11:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed Grados - A Compilation of 30 Threads (+ Poll) Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 & K271 Bundle Last post on 10/7/13 at 4:10pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Help!!! Akg k271 mk-2 OR Shure Srh-840 OR ath900x Last post on 8/23/13 at 5:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Headphone Impedance
Amp for AKG K271 MKI
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a pair too and yes amping definately improves the hp.
I would suggest an ibasso model, p4 or something with dac built in. also something that is opamp rollable. in that way you can find the sound you like the most.
For something you could use at the desk top (AC powered).
a single tube headphone amplifier from eBay,
prices start around $50 and they ship from China.
My Indeed 6922EH single tube headphone amp. is very small.
- Amp for AKG K271 MKI
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 46 seconds ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH M50x or AKG K702s? 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)