I have not tried any of them as I dont go on long enough flights etc to warrant getting one of these.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Fostex HP-P1 Headphone Amp & DAC - now only $549 - Free Shipping in the U.S - SAVE $$$$ Last post on 7/26/13 at 8:54am in Moon Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fostex HP-P1 Firmware Update Available Last post on 3/1/12 at 2:37pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Fostex HP-P1 Firmware Update Available Last post on 3/1/12 at 2:35pm in Moon Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 2/11/15 at 9:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Fostex HP-P1 Headphone amp Dac with iPod/iPhone input, new at Moon Audio - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks anyway. I got a good deal on an EX8000. This should work out fine. I still have a small, lower capacity Li Kennsington that I got as back-up for my phone but hand't paid attention to the beefier units. I'll still drag along another amp -- because only the paranoid survive.
Unfortunately that makes it sound even less portable...
Hello? I said I was looking for a way of extending battery life on a 12-20 hour flight(s). Plenty portable enough for my intended purpose. Run the power down and add another layer to the rig for the back-end of the trip. You evidently do not get out enough.
Edited by Il Mostro - 9/4/11 at 8:41pm
The recommendation was made based on very long travel when recharging is not see easy of an alternative. It is plenty portable.
It has absolutely no problem driving 32ohm phones to there peak performance.
Cool deal -- thanks for confirming Drew.
- Fostex HP-P1 Headphone amp Dac with iPod/iPhone input, new at Moon Audio
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Help me understand something (modi/magni) + HE-400 and studio... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ie800's vs GR10's 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 4 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3