I have not tried any of them as I dont go on long enough flights etc to warrant getting one of these.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Fostex HP-P1 Firmware Update Available Last post on 3/1/12 at 2:37pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Fostex HP-P1 Firmware Update Available Last post on 3/1/12 at 2:35pm in Moon Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- FS: Fostex HP-P1, one-owner, mint. Last post on Yesterday at 8:35 pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- *NEW* Moon Audio Black Dragon V1 IEM Headphone Cable - $150 USD Last post on Yesterday at 10:49 am in Moon Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Fostex HP-P1 Headphone amp Dac with iPod/iPhone input, new at Moon Audio - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks anyway. I got a good deal on an EX8000. This should work out fine. I still have a small, lower capacity Li Kennsington that I got as back-up for my phone but hand't paid attention to the beefier units. I'll still drag along another amp -- because only the paranoid survive.
Unfortunately that makes it sound even less portable...
Hello? I said I was looking for a way of extending battery life on a 12-20 hour flight(s). Plenty portable enough for my intended purpose. Run the power down and add another layer to the rig for the back-end of the trip. You evidently do not get out enough.
Edited by Il Mostro - 9/4/11 at 8:41pm
The recommendation was made based on very long travel when recharging is not see easy of an alternative. It is plenty portable.
It has absolutely no problem driving 32ohm phones to there peak performance.
Cool deal -- thanks for confirming Drew.
- Fostex HP-P1 Headphone amp Dac with iPod/iPhone input, new at Moon Audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Excellent imaging, decent detail, relatively neutral, good soundstage, FREAKISHLY COMFORTABLE!!!!”“COMFORTABLE”
- Pros:“Mids! Mids! Bottom! Comfort!”“Clear sound, clean bass and treble , forward mid. Large sound stage”
- Pros:“Good across the frequency range, Live Sounding, Full ”“Exciting, bold sound with great bass, engaging mids, and mostly smooth highs, ”
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900X - New three days ago - Price Drop 1 minute ago
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 3 minutes ago
- › Good quality headphones for iPod 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Ipar 1023A Tube Pre Amp / Headphone Amp Review From China 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe