You are going to make people very angry if you continue this conversation.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 8/15/11
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 8/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- brandJVCtagged by System, 8/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/15/11
- brandPhilipstagged by System, 8/15/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/15/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 8/15/11More
- brandStaxtagged by System, 8/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Low budget headphones! Last post on 6/10/11 at 2:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone girls, interesting Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:49pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
- Best headphone for gaming with Poll! ~Vote! Last post on 10/23/11 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1998/14/11 at 4:09pmpost #48 of 1998/14/11 at 4:51pmpost #49 of 1998/14/11 at 4:53pmThread Starter
After reviewing those pictures after the trip, I regret not taking more. Audio Technica and Sony actually had the most shelf spaces and thickest catalogs, I am surprised I didn't get any of AT in the shots. Shame on me indeed.
Edit: I think those in the 4th picture are actually AT. They got a whole Solid Bass line.
Edited by jjmai - 8/14/11 at 9:33pmpost #50 of 1998/14/11 at 4:55pmpost #51 of 1998/14/11 at 5:10pmpost #52 of 1998/14/11 at 5:13pmThread Starterpost #53 of 1998/14/11 at 5:57pmpost #54 of 1998/14/11 at 6:02pmThread Starter
No, mostly just headphones, IEMs, and amps. Sony included some 20 pages of low-end speakers and audio accessories; Audio Technica had about 10 pages on recording equipments.
Yeah, that much headphone stuffs.post #55 of 1998/14/11 at 6:12pm
Awesome have to get one!!
Then again I already found my favorite Sony stuff in the E888 and EX600 I don't think you could possibly need anything else IEM wise.post #56 of 1998/14/11 at 6:26pmThread StarterQuote:
There's always E484 and EX1000. Haha, cheers to our eternal quests.post #57 of 1998/14/11 at 6:41pmQuote:
Hehehe I heard the EX1000 already, I like the EX600 better.
E484 is for sale on ebay now and I'm considering it!! Hehehe
post #58 of 1998/14/11 at 6:52pm
that's a nice shop man, japan best buy seems much better than here..... at least better the ones in NH. People works there really have strange pride lol
Ye, American gamer could be a little bit atonal lol. Many kids just don't behave, especially when they lose.post #59 of 1998/14/11 at 6:53pmQuote:
That's great, it's a shame there is no much audio shop around boston, i only know one at Harvard square, i would be glad to know if there were many.post #60 of 1998/14/11 at 6:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by jjmai
Unfortunately, I didn't. Those electrostats were way beyond what I could afford, so I didn't bother checking. This shop was in Osaka http://www.kawaguchimusen.co.jp/
At Osaka's DenDenTown (Osaka Nipponbashi), I saw around 3~4 smaller shops on the street. Whereas the big chains can be found at least one in each of the big cities (Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, etc). If you have a delivery address in Japan, you may even try at the store and then order online - but it would be very difficult to resist the temptation at the stores though
That particular Bic was next to Kyoto station, whereas the Yodobashi I visited was in Osaka. I've been to ones in Tokyo years ago too before I got bit by the headphone bug, I remember they being pretty big too.
ye those people are very very polite and humble, very ideal and a bit lacking confidence i dare to say.
Although from where i was originally from, people have very very bad impression for japan ....
I am always in awe at the amount of manpower and money Japan puts behind their service industry. I don't know if that's a result of their feudal system heritage, or because the overcrowded population. But yeah, it's different experience from the West.
- Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof
- Headphone Impedance
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 2 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 seconds ago
- › EMU Teak Gloss Massdrop Removable Cable Headphones 36 seconds ago
- › FS: Samsung Galaxy S3 Great as an Android Transport - Free US... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › PSB Speakers M4U 4 --- Hybrid BA/Dynamic IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear