So what do the Japanese spend their money on then? I'm curious.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 8/15/11
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 8/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- brandJVCtagged by System, 8/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/15/11
- brandPhilipstagged by System, 8/15/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 8/15/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 8/15/11More
- brandStaxtagged by System, 8/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Low budget headphones! Last post on 6/10/11 at 2:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone girls, interesting Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:49pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
- Best headphone for gaming with Poll! ~Vote! Last post on 10/23/11 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1968/16/11 at 9:40pm
Nothing besides the necessities - most save their money for the rainy day, some simply don't earn enough to splurge on anything (average salary of Japanese is 3.5 mil yen a year, which is roughly 45k USD, but in a city where rent is one of the highest in the world). Asians had been known to save their money already, Japanese had it even worse gone through some massive social changes that instills many uncertainties towards the future - the property crash, abolishment of life long employment and knowledge that their pension system is broken and unsustainable due to low birth rates and an aging population, the young generation knows that relying on government handouts after they retire isn't going to let them survive and work isn't stable anymore so people save the hell out of their salary and put them into government bonds for interests. Any school of economics would tell you this is rational and expected behaviour on the micro (individual) level but on a macro level it is bad for the revival of the economy.post #123 of 1968/16/11 at 11:44pmQuote:
Yep, they had some SHURE 440's and 840's on show that allowed you to road-test using your own DAP.
I spent a bit of time with the 840 especially but still walked away with the M50. Things may have changed
but I found out that they Beyer range for example along with the higher tier AT's are mostly left for
'special orders' - they usually don't have them on hand.post #124 of 1968/17/11 at 12:20am
Aw only 840, I tried the 840 at Singapore airport and then tried the 940 directly after and I felt the 940 was a huge improvement at least to me and my tastes, I love the SRH-940.
Oh well back on topic to Japan I sure wish I could be there now demoing the XB1000.
:Bpost #125 of 1968/17/11 at 12:48am
Confused me there. Items in Japan cost a lot more because they have better pre-sale and post-sale support.
But once you purchase an item, you cannot return it?
Quote:Originally Posted by arnaud
post #126 of 1968/17/11 at 12:50am
- Prices are comparatively much higher than in the US and that's not just because of difference in buying power, it's also because there is a very large portion of the cost to finance both pre and post sales support.
- You cannot return goods (like the mandatory 30 days return policy in the US, no questions asked) so people will want to go check them out at the stores (stores are thus not dying from competition against internet sales like in the US)
Can you return stuff in Singapore koolkat?
I think in almost all asian countries, they're not even aware of the "return" policy, it just doesn't exist, personally I don't think that's a bad thing.post #127 of 1968/17/11 at 1:08ampost #128 of 1968/17/11 at 1:28ampost #129 of 1968/17/11 at 2:13ampost #130 of 1968/21/11 at 11:02pmQuote:
I'm interested in the XB1000 too. Do you know if any shop in Australia selling them?post #131 of 1968/22/11 at 1:14ampost #132 of 1968/22/11 at 1:21amQuote:
Nope, not sure if any retailers here have ordered massive quantities of the XB1000 yet? I'd venture it's still at the "special order" and slightly expensive stage, better to order one from overseas yourself perhaps? It's such a cool looking headphone if I was a retailer I'd have 30 of them lined up next to eachother lol.post #133 of 1968/22/11 at 2:08ampost #134 of 1968/22/11 at 3:36am
isn't there a remailing service in Australia?
like you ship to an imaginary US address and have them ship it to you?
you get to buy cheap headphones from retailers who are not willing to ship international,
and you get "international" warranty.post #135 of 1968/22/11 at 3:42am
- Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof
- Headphone Impedance
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 26 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 31 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 5 minutes ago
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear