Just joined the forum and it sounds like there are some good discussions on here so I hope you can help me out. I am looking to buy a set of in-ear monitors, mainly for use on my iPhone but also my MacBook Pro and sometimes at home on my PC. In the past I have been the owner of some Sony EX71's (which sounded pretty good to me at the time) and most recently I bought some Apple In-ear earphones because of the mic and control features for my iPhone that were the only set available at the time. The Apple ones have just broken and I know there are better sounding earphones on the market now so I was wondering if you could give me some advice on the ones I have looked at tell me which would be the best sounding. Here are the ones I have read about and some questions I have:
1. Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 ($250-$300, with a 10vi cable for iPhone. Do they sound THAT awesome for their price?)
2. Etymotic Hf3 ($180. Apparently their bass response isn't fantastic due to their 'true' sound?)
3. Bowers & Wilkins C5 ($180. These are new on the market and look very interesting, I'm worried the secure loop could bother me, but I'm unsure on their sound also)
4. Klipsch S5i ($120. Appear to be well built, thoughts?)
5. Jays a-jays four ($80, much cheaper than the others and I'm thinking the quality is too)
6. Monster Turbine w/ Control Talk ($190? I don't know much about these).
Ideally, I would not like to spend any more than $200, however if the Ultimate Ears really are that good I would consider it. If there is any others please let me know. I mainly listen to Rock/Metal music, but do have a wide range of genre's.