Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Considering upgrade to D2000. Advice/better options? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monoprice 8323 Vs. PANASONIC RP-HTF600 Last post on 4/13/12 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 598's? Last post on 2/10/12 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990s Treble Last post on 4/18/16 at 9:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New, Moddable Headphones Last post on 2/10/12 at 12:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
[Review] Superlux HD668b, They Cost How Much? (Foam Mod+More for 668b+681!) - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 15212/13/11 at 10:12pm
I am recklessly close to blowing a little money on these, but the bright treble gives me pause, and the filter mod would probably have to be done. For the filter mod, rather than performing surgery inside the earpieces (not in my skill set...), would it not be equivalent to put the RLC components in a little project box, or perhaps the body of a large plug, which the headphones plug into? In other words, do the new components have to be next to the driver, or can they be 6 feet away on the other end of the cable? Thanks for any insights...post #78 of 15212/14/11 at 1:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Satya
I am recklessly close to blowing a little money on these, but the bright treble gives me pause, and the filter mod would probably have to be done. For the filter mod, rather than performing surgery inside the earpieces (not in my skill set...), would it not be equivalent to put the RLC components in a little project box, or perhaps the body of a large plug, which the headphones plug into? In other words, do the new components have to be next to the driver, or can they be 6 feet away on the other end of the cable? Thanks for any insights...
Sure it will work wellpost #79 of 15212/14/11 at 6:14ampost #80 of 15212/14/11 at 5:17pmpost #81 of 15212/14/11 at 11:26pm
i'm asking the same thing. and how do these affect seal/sound?
comfort and seal are two of my issues with these headphones.
Edited by atomikn00b - 12/14/11 at 11:37pmpost #82 of 15212/14/11 at 11:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by kidcharlemagne
Another pad choice for the superluxes - http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Blaster-Warcraft-Headset-Cushions/dp/B004N8J64Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1306576990&sr=8-1
... dont affect sound much either.
what does that mean? as in. what are it's effects?
post #83 of 15212/15/11 at 5:18pmpost #84 of 15212/15/11 at 5:20pmpost #85 of 15212/15/11 at 6:16pm
socks? how does it conform so perfectly?
and is it my eyes or does it look like there's some other black padding under the "socks"?post #86 of 1521/24/12 at 10:10ampost #87 of 1521/26/12 at 2:25pm
Well i post another cheap, good and easy-to-do mod for this amazing cans:
Would you ask: "What the hell it's that over the driver??"
Guess it !!!
The bright on higs frequencys will disapear most of it and becames more natural, because mids came forward.
Edited by Remior - 1/26/12 at 3:04pmpost #88 of 1521/28/12 at 5:42amQuote:
my curiosity is piqued.post #89 of 1523/14/12 at 10:50ampost #90 of 1523/16/12 at 7:47amQuote:
- [Review] Superlux HD668b, They Cost How Much? (Foam Mod+More for 668b+681!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 45 seconds ago
- › [FS] AK100 Mk2 Saphir + AK bumper 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 34 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO K1--smaller and better for less 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 7 minutes ago
- › Ibasso it03 7 minutes ago
- › Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris 8 minutes ago
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear