Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Considering upgrade to D2000. Advice/better options? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monoprice 8323 Vs. PANASONIC RP-HTF600 Last post on 4/13/12 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 598's? Last post on 2/10/12 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990s Treble Last post on 10/16/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- New, Moddable Headphones Last post on 2/10/12 at 12:34am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
[Review] Superlux HD668b, They Cost How Much? (Foam Mod+More for 668b+681!) - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12112/13/11 at 10:12pm
I am recklessly close to blowing a little money on these, but the bright treble gives me pause, and the filter mod would probably have to be done. For the filter mod, rather than performing surgery inside the earpieces (not in my skill set...), would it not be equivalent to put the RLC components in a little project box, or perhaps the body of a large plug, which the headphones plug into? In other words, do the new components have to be next to the driver, or can they be 6 feet away on the other end of the cable? Thanks for any insights...post #78 of 12112/14/11 at 1:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Satya
I am recklessly close to blowing a little money on these, but the bright treble gives me pause, and the filter mod would probably have to be done. For the filter mod, rather than performing surgery inside the earpieces (not in my skill set...), would it not be equivalent to put the RLC components in a little project box, or perhaps the body of a large plug, which the headphones plug into? In other words, do the new components have to be next to the driver, or can they be 6 feet away on the other end of the cable? Thanks for any insights...
Sure it will work wellpost #79 of 12112/14/11 at 6:14ampost #80 of 12112/14/11 at 5:17pmpost #81 of 12112/14/11 at 11:26pm
i'm asking the same thing. and how do these affect seal/sound?
comfort and seal are two of my issues with these headphones.
Edited by atomikn00b - 12/14/11 at 11:37pmpost #82 of 12112/14/11 at 11:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by kidcharlemagne
Another pad choice for the superluxes - http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Blaster-Warcraft-Headset-Cushions/dp/B004N8J64Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1306576990&sr=8-1
... dont affect sound much either.
what does that mean? as in. what are it's effects?
post #83 of 12112/15/11 at 5:18pmpost #84 of 12112/15/11 at 5:20pmpost #85 of 12112/15/11 at 6:16pm
socks? how does it conform so perfectly?
and is it my eyes or does it look like there's some other black padding under the "socks"?post #86 of 1211/24/12 at 10:10ampost #87 of 1211/26/12 at 2:25pm
Well i post another cheap, good and easy-to-do mod for this amazing cans:
Would you ask: "What the hell it's that over the driver??"
Guess it !!!
The bright on higs frequencys will disapear most of it and becames more natural, because mids came forward.
Edited by Remior - 1/26/12 at 3:04pmpost #88 of 1211/28/12 at 5:42amQuote:
my curiosity is piqued.post #89 of 1213/14/12 at 10:50ampost #90 of 1213/16/12 at 7:47amQuote:
- [Review] Superlux HD668b, They Cost How Much? (Foam Mod+More for 668b+681!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Live gig shots 18 seconds ago
- › k1000 owners club 20 seconds ago
- › Bravo Audio Ocean amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › All-round Headphones for Indoor use <US$100 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi