Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Considering upgrade to D2000. Advice/better options? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monoprice 8323 Vs. PANASONIC RP-HTF600 Last post on 4/13/12 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 598's? Last post on 2/10/12 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990s Treble Last post on 10/16/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- New, Moddable Headphones Last post on 2/10/12 at 12:34am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just got a pair of AKG K712s, so I needed an amp. It came down to choosing between ALO Audio's The National, and the International which were both being sold by the Headphone Bar in Vancouver....
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
[Review] Superlux HD668b, They Cost How Much? (Foam Mod+More for 668b+681!) - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12712/13/11 at 10:12pm
I am recklessly close to blowing a little money on these, but the bright treble gives me pause, and the filter mod would probably have to be done. For the filter mod, rather than performing surgery inside the earpieces (not in my skill set...), would it not be equivalent to put the RLC components in a little project box, or perhaps the body of a large plug, which the headphones plug into? In other words, do the new components have to be next to the driver, or can they be 6 feet away on the other end of the cable? Thanks for any insights...post #78 of 12712/14/11 at 1:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Satya
I am recklessly close to blowing a little money on these, but the bright treble gives me pause, and the filter mod would probably have to be done. For the filter mod, rather than performing surgery inside the earpieces (not in my skill set...), would it not be equivalent to put the RLC components in a little project box, or perhaps the body of a large plug, which the headphones plug into? In other words, do the new components have to be next to the driver, or can they be 6 feet away on the other end of the cable? Thanks for any insights...
Sure it will work wellpost #79 of 12712/14/11 at 6:14ampost #80 of 12712/14/11 at 5:17pmpost #81 of 12712/14/11 at 11:26pm
i'm asking the same thing. and how do these affect seal/sound?
comfort and seal are two of my issues with these headphones.
Edited by atomikn00b - 12/14/11 at 11:37pmpost #82 of 12712/14/11 at 11:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by kidcharlemagne
Another pad choice for the superluxes - http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Blaster-Warcraft-Headset-Cushions/dp/B004N8J64Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1306576990&sr=8-1
... dont affect sound much either.
what does that mean? as in. what are it's effects?
post #83 of 12712/15/11 at 5:18pmpost #84 of 12712/15/11 at 5:20pmpost #85 of 12712/15/11 at 6:16pm
socks? how does it conform so perfectly?
and is it my eyes or does it look like there's some other black padding under the "socks"?post #86 of 1271/24/12 at 10:10ampost #87 of 1271/26/12 at 2:25pm
Well i post another cheap, good and easy-to-do mod for this amazing cans:
Would you ask: "What the hell it's that over the driver??"
Guess it !!!
The bright on higs frequencys will disapear most of it and becames more natural, because mids came forward.
Edited by Remior - 1/26/12 at 3:04pmpost #88 of 1271/28/12 at 5:42amQuote:
my curiosity is piqued.post #89 of 1273/14/12 at 10:50ampost #90 of 1273/16/12 at 7:47amQuote:
- [Review] Superlux HD668b, They Cost How Much? (Foam Mod+More for 668b+681!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Best Isolation Amongst Listed Headphones 28 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 53 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 minute ago
- › $189 ALO Audio The Key USB DAC - 32-Bit / 384KHz with PCM5102A 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern 240 Box 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern 240 Box 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue, New IEM company from china with some promising models... 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude