Even at $106, which is what I paid for my WS55's, they're worth every penny.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Did I do the right thing Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a new pair of closed back headphones Last post on 8/24/11 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Got my Pioneer HDJ500K, impression of it Last post on 2/12/12 at 3:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Final Decision -- Under $50 Last post on 7/31/11 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SONY MDR-XB700 or PIONEER HDJ-500??!!!! Last post on 5/11/12 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
The Portable BASS kings..The Pioneer HDJ500 vs AKG 518 LE vs The first look at the new AT WS55... - Page 26post #376 of 4585/23/12 at 7:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 4585/23/12 at 9:05pmQuote:
I would have paid 106$ for these easy. Really great deal. I need a case for them though. I want to protect these things.post #378 of 4585/26/12 at 4:02ampost #379 of 4585/26/12 at 4:25ampost #380 of 4585/26/12 at 6:22ampost #381 of 4585/26/12 at 9:39amThread StarterQuote:
Oh yea the HDJ500.. Anyone that loves Trance.. Gotta get these only to experience Trance the way it should be played. I have to admit the WS55 does all EDM just fine but the HDJ500 for Trance is an experience.post #382 of 4585/26/12 at 12:09pmQuote:
How is the bass on the HDJ500 compared with the HDJ2000?
I like the bass on the 2000s, but I find the overall sound quality comparable with the Denon DJ HP700, a can that costs about 1/3 of the price. If Pioneer would drop the pricetag on the HDJ2000, I'm sure it'll sell well - bass extension is pretty good, impact is plentiful, and its durable and pretty as heck.post #383 of 4585/26/12 at 12:12pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Malevolent
How is the bass on the HDJ500 compared with the HDJ2000?
I like the bass on the 2000s, but I find the overall sound quality comparable with the Denon DJ HP700, a can that costs about 1/3 of the price. If Pioneer would drop the pricetag on the HDJ2000, I'm sure it'll sell well - bass extension is pretty good, impact is plentiful, and its durable and pretty as heck.
Don't own the HDJ2000 but the word is sound tuning is very similar.. These HDJ500 are lesser refined versions obviously but the sound is still very much worth the cash to spend on them.. I also own the HP700s. Very nice cans.post #384 of 4585/26/12 at 12:58pmQuote:
Ah, I see. In that case, I'll audition the HDJ500s to get a sample of its bass prowess.
Yup, the HP700 is a really good can for its pricetag. When I did an A/B with the HDJ2000, the Denons surprisingly kept pace with the pricier model in detail, clarity and bass extension. Amazing! :)post #385 of 4585/26/12 at 4:26pm
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Paid the full RRP of £69.99 as well which is kinda annoying but I traded some games in to buy it so it's ok.
Early impressions? Best/most exciting headphone I have tried, full stop. Even more than the Grado's. The bass is addictive, never heard anything like it. Not boomy, and doesn't bleed at all. Beats both the HTF600 and DT770's in both quality and impact. Like DSnuts said, it stays completely out of the way when it isn't called for.
The mids are fantastic. My music is mostly the mainstream compressed type so the beyers should've highlighted everything there is to hear in my music, but for the first time I can actually say I'm hearing things I didn't notice before. I'm not talking about artists breathing or things like that, I'm talking about actual parts of the music that were buried in the background or undefined. It somehow manages to separate parts of the track and make it sound clear without loosing it's musicality.
Vocals sound fantastic. Airy vocals in a closed back portable headphone? What? Sounds impossible but that's what I'm hearing, and what I've been searching for. Maybe it's due to some coloration in the treble, but whatever it is it works. Best vocals I have heard. Beats the grado 225i's in this department as they aren't as harsh or forward.
This headphone (so far) sounds absolutely amazing. It's bringing every song I've thrown at it to life. Only problem is comfort. I will try stretching them to see if it helps but that's the only problem I have with it at the moment. That and the cable isn't too my liking. A bit too thin and has a lot of memory.
Like I said it's early impressions but I can say for sure these destroy the CAL's hands down. More detail, less bass quantity but better quality (i.e not boomy like CAL's) and more impact, much much better vocals, much better soundstage and comfort is better as well (Couldn't wear the CAL's for more than 20 mins). Build quality is a lot better as well.
Edited by RayleighSilvers - 5/29/12 at 4:35pmpost #386 of 4585/26/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #387 of 4585/29/12 at 6:23amQuote:
this almost entirely depends on the size and shape of your ears. Some it will fit great, some will have issues. Once I stuffed the pads I can get better comfort. I put some ethernet cable between the pad and the cup to put a little more distance between the driver and my ear. if I do it right I can get my entire ear in the pad now and the driver doesn't make contact with my cartilage. It is truly a compact circumaural for me now.post #388 of 4585/29/12 at 6:28am
I am looking to get some for my Dad, and after seeing this review I am sold, I thought Dsnuts was good at describing sound but oh boy this guy is unreal watch from 10:00! He had me cracking up!
Edited by danny93 - 5/29/12 at 9:45ampost #389 of 4585/29/12 at 2:30pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Portable BASS kings..The Pioneer HDJ500 vs AKG 518 LE vs The first look at the new AT WS55 Solid Bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grace M903 and extra remote control 53 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD380 vs. HD280 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)