And do the sennheiser ear pads fit on the WS55...? and what is the difference between the normal and the velour pads from the hd 25....?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Did I do the right thing Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a new pair of closed back headphones Last post on 8/24/11 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Got my Pioneer HDJ500K, impression of it Last post on 2/12/12 at 3:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Final Decision -- Under $50 Last post on 7/31/11 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SONY MDR-XB700 or PIONEER HDJ-500??!!!! Last post on 5/11/12 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
The Portable BASS kings..The Pioneer HDJ500 vs AKG 518 LE vs The first look at the new AT WS55 Solid Bass - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 4583/28/12 at 8:20amQuote:
HD25s pads will fit on the WS55s both have the same 70mm diameter. Unfortunately, the opening in the HD25s are smaller, so they might muffle the sound a bit.post #273 of 4583/28/12 at 2:48pmQuote:
let us know if you try them out, thinking about getting some myselfpost #274 of 4583/28/12 at 9:55pmpost #275 of 4583/29/12 at 6:22amThread Starter
If you guys find the comfort a bit tight on the headphones. Stretch them over some books for over a night and they should loosen up.. They will become snug but not uncomfortable in any way with just use. But you can speed up the issue with stretching. They do become much more comfortable.post #276 of 4583/30/12 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
If you guys find the comfort a bit tight on the headphones. Stretch them over some books for over a night and they should loosen up.. They will become snug but not uncomfortable in any way with just use. But you can speed up the issue with stretching. They do become much more comfortable.
This exactly.Just stretch them out over books and they become a lot more comfortable.Speaking of ear pads...I might actually try the HD25 pads out. But really just stretch it and it becomes way better.post #277 of 4583/30/12 at 5:26pm
My preliminary reactions to the WS55,
Decent thump for little guys, nothing my DT770 cant trump totally and completely though. They sound good for portable headphones, clarity is mostly in tact. It had this low mid end sound, and is way better than the MDR-v6, there is actual separation here.
The brainwavz M3 disappear from my ears if you ignore the feeling or t he fear of it popping out, where these will never be able to give me that music out of thin air feeling. Still a compromise for the fun sound of these phones.
Way better than the fanny wangs I owned before, those had a giant veil. Absolutely no clarity, bass was just boomy. Apparently they were supposed to be even better then beats by dr dre. If I found the wangs to be bad I can't imagine beats then.
In terms of style, for full sized headphones they are surprisingly compact and sexy. They don't make a round head look round like many other headphone headbands so its shape is really good. The mix of Red, Black and Chrome makes it seem like a luxury item in terms of what the uninitiated would think. The Red on the cups is not a deep red, perhaps a little pink from certain angles or lighting but I love the overall design. It looks fancy, colorful and classy without being retro.
That is all I could gather from one day of usage. Can't comment on isolation yet as I havent taken it on the train nor could I explain the sound without listening to it more. Just know it was not repulsive as many other low end headphones usually are.
Edited by ninjikiran - 3/30/12 at 5:30pmpost #278 of 4583/30/12 at 6:12pmThread Starter
Thanks for your impressions there ninjikiran, I would bet these will grow on you with more use as they have for me. Try them out on a small amp or just use a bit of eq for the big bass. It will surprise you. Let us know how they are treating you with some more use/ burn time. They get better.post #279 of 4583/31/12 at 5:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
If you guys find the comfort a bit tight on the headphones. Stretch them over some books for over a night and they should loosen up.. They will become snug but not uncomfortable in any way with just use. But you can speed up the issue with stretching. They do become much more comfortable.Quote:
i have stretched them a little but there the pads are still quite hard and isolation isn't great. let us know if end up trying the padspost #280 of 4583/31/12 at 9:22pm
Since everyone here is going crazy over pads I decided to put my J$ Lambskin Pads over the pads that come with the headphones.
Isolation increase is night and day, Comfort level is +100%. No real SQ change.
But did I mention it looks silly, and makes them look like full sized headphones for better or for worst. This is without them glued or otherwise attached to the headphone. Clamping force holds them on perfectly.
Maybe i'll take pictures later, though I dont plan on using them since I prefer the compact size of the phones.post #281 of 4584/1/12 at 12:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
This did help me with mine.Quote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
Thanks for your impressions there ninjikiran, I would bet these will grow on you with more use as they have for me. Try them out on a small amp or just use a bit of eq for the big bass. It will surprise you. Let us know how they are treating you with some more use/ burn time. They get better.
Just today played with EQ for the first time....the 10-band one in PowerAmp, and all I can say is ,"hell yeah!"post #282 of 4584/1/12 at 3:10pm
Hi, I've been reading this thread, but don't knew whether anyone's answered this about the ws55i's controls. Do the ws55i controls catch on things and produce cable noise? I had a pair of IEMs with ipod controls and they were terrible. (It didn't help that the cable wasn't great...)
Also, how close are the controls to the neck? In winter, I tuck the cord beneath my scarf and am worried they'll be out of the way.
Thanks in advance!post #283 of 4584/3/12 at 3:02pm
Anyone that has experience with the ATH-WS55s could tell me how they fare with anything less bass-oriented? (Jazz/rock)
Thinking of jumping ship from my old AKG K518DJs to ATH-WS55 (or WS55i), but I still want them to be overall performant. :)post #284 of 4584/3/12 at 3:05pm
Tbh my IEM's sound better, and the WS55's don't fare well on the train. Their comfort level is atrocious without the huge pads.
Only redeeming quality for me thus far is how sexy they look, but the isolation is a huge bomb on the train making them sound muddier than what they really are. Therefore they will more than likely be sold.post #285 of 4584/3/12 at 9:47pmQuote:
If I listen to them without any EQ, I find them to be very accurate, with rock, pop, singer-songrwriter, etc.. If there is bass in the song, they will produce it, but they do not overemphasize it,. and it does not in any way creep up on the mids or highs. If I put on some trance music though, there's abundant bass.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Portable BASS kings..The Pioneer HDJ500 vs AKG 518 LE vs The first look at the new AT WS55 Solid Bass
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 10 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 43 seconds ago
- › Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2