- 82 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for confirmation about the good thing to do (i.c.: buying a Grado SR60i) Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How would a tube amp fit into my setup? Last post on 10/13/11 at 10:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- bluetooth controller for iPhone or...? Last post on 10/6/11 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bought my first "audiophile" headphone and I am loving it Last post on 10/6/11 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
1/4mm input portable headphone amp?post #1 of 78/13/11 at 9:36amThread StarterHey guys. I'm looking for a portable headphone amp to use with my new Grado 225is. However, all the amps I've looked at so far have a 1/8mm input, which won't work, as the 225is have a 1/4mm jack. The amp must be under $100. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 78/13/11 at 9:56am
(1) your safest bet would be to use a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. (2) or cut the current plug and solder a 1/8" plug to the cable. (3) or look for a MOT to build you a mini3 or cmoy with a 1/4" out.
Edited by JamesMcProgger - 8/13/11 at 9:58ampost #3 of 78/17/11 at 9:13am
I'm building a cmoy right now. All the circuits and wiring are done and it sounds awesome. The box is still being painted. I used a 1/4 inch headphone jack cuz i plan to get bigger cans later on. For the input jack, from the source, is still an 1/8 inch jack. I'd let it go for a lot less than 100$. PM me if you want the full details.post #4 of 78/18/11 at 2:31ampost #5 of 78/18/11 at 3:37ampost #6 of 78/18/11 at 3:50ampost #7 of 78/19/11 at 3:53am
The title says input and the first post compares the SR225 1/4in plug to the 3.5mm jacks on the amps he looked at, so I clarified that what he's looking for is a 1/4 output.
- 1/4mm input portable headphone amp?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 3 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 seconds ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: Fall 2016 44 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 53 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › I am lost.. Need to replace Swans M200 MkIII with...? 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia impressions and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...