- 82 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for confirmation about the good thing to do (i.c.: buying a Grado SR60i) Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How would a tube amp fit into my setup? Last post on 10/13/11 at 10:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- bluetooth controller for iPhone or...? Last post on 10/6/11 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bought my first "audiophile" headphone and I am loving it Last post on 10/6/11 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
This review won't be too detailed, just a vote of respect for such a fine pair of headphones. I tend to like warm toned headphones, rather than purely neutral sets, and the Philips Fidelio X2 has...
The NAD VISO HP50 could have been a truly outstanding headphone. They produced a set with great sound, with a marvelous midrange, bass when it is called for in the music and highs that do not...
Philips SHP8000 40mm Dynamic Semi Open Full-size Headphones 10/21/2016 This ends up being an import only, semi-open, full-size around-ear headphone, priced at about $80.00...
1/4mm input portable headphone amp?post #1 of 78/13/11 at 9:36amThread StarterHey guys. I'm looking for a portable headphone amp to use with my new Grado 225is. However, all the amps I've looked at so far have a 1/8mm input, which won't work, as the 225is have a 1/4mm jack. The amp must be under $100. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 78/13/11 at 9:56am
(1) your safest bet would be to use a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. (2) or cut the current plug and solder a 1/8" plug to the cable. (3) or look for a MOT to build you a mini3 or cmoy with a 1/4" out.
Edited by JamesMcProgger - 8/13/11 at 9:58ampost #3 of 78/17/11 at 9:13am
I'm building a cmoy right now. All the circuits and wiring are done and it sounds awesome. The box is still being painted. I used a 1/4 inch headphone jack cuz i plan to get bigger cans later on. For the input jack, from the source, is still an 1/8 inch jack. I'd let it go for a lot less than 100$. PM me if you want the full details.post #4 of 78/18/11 at 2:31ampost #5 of 78/18/11 at 3:37ampost #6 of 78/18/11 at 3:50ampost #7 of 78/19/11 at 3:53am
The title says input and the first post compares the SR225 1/4in plug to the 3.5mm jacks on the amps he looked at, so I clarified that what he's looking for is a 1/4 output.
- 1/4mm input portable headphone amp?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 52 seconds ago
- › Google Pixel (Phone & Audio Quality) 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 1 minute ago
- › HEKv2 UPGRADE PROGRAM BUYER BEWARE (NEW THREAD IMPORTANT) PROGRAM... 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 1 minute ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO releases the new amplifier A5 that strives for perfection 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 3 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor by Kerry56
- › Chord&Major 01'16 Electric Tonal Earphone by Cinder
- › Cowon PM2-128SL Plenue M2 PM2 High Resolution Music Player 128GB... by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...