- 82 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for confirmation about the good thing to do (i.c.: buying a Grado SR60i) Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How would a tube amp fit into my setup? Last post on 10/13/11 at 10:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- bluetooth controller for iPhone or...? Last post on 10/6/11 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bought my first "audiophile" headphone and I am loving it Last post on 10/6/11 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
1/4mm input portable headphone amp?post #1 of 78/13/11 at 9:36amThread StarterHey guys. I'm looking for a portable headphone amp to use with my new Grado 225is. However, all the amps I've looked at so far have a 1/8mm input, which won't work, as the 225is have a 1/4mm jack. The amp must be under $100. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 78/13/11 at 9:56am
(1) your safest bet would be to use a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. (2) or cut the current plug and solder a 1/8" plug to the cable. (3) or look for a MOT to build you a mini3 or cmoy with a 1/4" out.
Edited by JamesMcProgger - 8/13/11 at 9:58ampost #3 of 78/17/11 at 9:13am
I'm building a cmoy right now. All the circuits and wiring are done and it sounds awesome. The box is still being painted. I used a 1/4 inch headphone jack cuz i plan to get bigger cans later on. For the input jack, from the source, is still an 1/8 inch jack. I'd let it go for a lot less than 100$. PM me if you want the full details.post #4 of 78/18/11 at 2:31ampost #5 of 78/18/11 at 3:37ampost #6 of 78/18/11 at 3:50ampost #7 of 78/19/11 at 3:53am
The title says input and the first post compares the SR225 1/4in plug to the 3.5mm jacks on the amps he looked at, so I clarified that what he's looking for is a 1/4 output.
- 1/4mm input portable headphone amp?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX 31 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Neutrality/Fidelity, Detail, and Passable Build Quality 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535 LE Sound Bad 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio E07k Enough to Power the 250 ohm DT 990 Pro? DT990 or AKG 550? 7 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 9 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear