- 60 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for confirmation about the good thing to do (i.c.: buying a Grado SR60i) Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How would a tube amp fit into my setup? Last post on 10/13/11 at 10:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- bluetooth controller for iPhone or...? Last post on 10/6/11 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bought my first "audiophile" headphone and I am loving it Last post on 10/6/11 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
Review on the FiiO RC-MH1 PCOCC-A Upgrade Headphone Cable Greetings, I am here to present to you guys with a review on the FiiO PCOCC-A 3.5mm to 3.5mm headphone cable that FiiO had sent out to a...
1/4mm input portable headphone amp?post #1 of 78/13/11 at 9:36amThread StarterHey guys. I'm looking for a portable headphone amp to use with my new Grado 225is. However, all the amps I've looked at so far have a 1/8mm input, which won't work, as the 225is have a 1/4mm jack. The amp must be under $100. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 78/13/11 at 9:56am
(1) your safest bet would be to use a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. (2) or cut the current plug and solder a 1/8" plug to the cable. (3) or look for a MOT to build you a mini3 or cmoy with a 1/4" out.
Edited by JamesMcProgger - 8/13/11 at 9:58ampost #3 of 78/17/11 at 9:13am
I'm building a cmoy right now. All the circuits and wiring are done and it sounds awesome. The box is still being painted. I used a 1/4 inch headphone jack cuz i plan to get bigger cans later on. For the input jack, from the source, is still an 1/8 inch jack. I'd let it go for a lot less than 100$. PM me if you want the full details.post #4 of 78/18/11 at 2:31ampost #5 of 78/18/11 at 3:37ampost #6 of 78/18/11 at 3:50ampost #7 of 78/19/11 at 3:53am
The title says input and the first post compares the SR225 1/4in plug to the 3.5mm jacks on the amps he looked at, so I clarified that what he's looking for is a 1/4 output.
- 1/4mm input portable headphone amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sony MDR-7520 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser CX175 and CX215 57 seconds ago
- › Need help choosing headphones 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › UE TripleFi 10 Rev4 or Rev5? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Broken TripleFi10 - Any Options? 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › Asus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Card by killeraxemannic
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe