- 82 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for confirmation about the good thing to do (i.c.: buying a Grado SR60i) Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How would a tube amp fit into my setup? Last post on 10/13/11 at 10:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- bluetooth controller for iPhone or...? Last post on 10/6/11 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bought my first "audiophile" headphone and I am loving it Last post on 10/6/11 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
1/4mm input portable headphone amp?post #1 of 78/13/11 at 9:36amThread StarterHey guys. I'm looking for a portable headphone amp to use with my new Grado 225is. However, all the amps I've looked at so far have a 1/8mm input, which won't work, as the 225is have a 1/4mm jack. The amp must be under $100. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 78/13/11 at 9:56am
(1) your safest bet would be to use a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. (2) or cut the current plug and solder a 1/8" plug to the cable. (3) or look for a MOT to build you a mini3 or cmoy with a 1/4" out.
Edited by JamesMcProgger - 8/13/11 at 9:58ampost #3 of 78/17/11 at 9:13am
I'm building a cmoy right now. All the circuits and wiring are done and it sounds awesome. The box is still being painted. I used a 1/4 inch headphone jack cuz i plan to get bigger cans later on. For the input jack, from the source, is still an 1/8 inch jack. I'd let it go for a lot less than 100$. PM me if you want the full details.post #4 of 78/18/11 at 2:31ampost #5 of 78/18/11 at 3:37ampost #6 of 78/18/11 at 3:50ampost #7 of 78/19/11 at 3:53am
The title says input and the first post compares the SR225 1/4in plug to the 3.5mm jacks on the amps he looked at, so I clarified that what he's looking for is a 1/4 output.
- 1/4mm input portable headphone amp?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 45 seconds ago
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 Australasian Tour 1 minute ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 5 minutes ago
- › Have you ever heard sound coming from the front with headphones. 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2