- 774 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: New Haven, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on 7/7/16 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
First of all, I would like to thank Charles from Shozy for the review sample of Shozy Zero! Website: http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ I believe what makes Shozy Zero unique is...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM - Page 63post #931 of 12562/26/13 at 10:07amI don't need anything as much as, say, the Panasonic HJE900, but at least as much as the (not known for being punchy) Atrios.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #932 of 12562/26/13 at 10:27amQuote:
Never heard the HJE900 but I've heard the atrios. There is a mid bass boost to the Merlin so you don't have to worry about it being completely just sub bass. The overall sound signature is pretty much V shaped.post #933 of 12562/26/13 at 9:10pmQuote:
Is their any active UM group buy? I can't find any threads about it other than the older UM Global Deal Lucky 25. Thanks.
Edited by acesea - 2/26/13 at 9:19pmpost #934 of 12562/26/13 at 10:19pmpost #935 of 12562/27/13 at 10:17amQuote:
I don't think there is currently one but I honestly wouldn't mind setting up another group buy for them if they wanted. I see it as a win / win for them since all they have to do is sit back and enjoy the sales =) Maybe if there is enough interest, I'll PM Matt and see if he's willing to let me set another one up.post #936 of 12562/27/13 at 12:15pm
FWIW, the NA holiday GB didn't hit the 20 required, let alone the 30 for the 20% discount...
however, props to Stephen for letting the 20 min requirement slide as he gave those that signed up the 15% discount anyways....post #937 of 12562/27/13 at 1:18pm
Well just as I did before, I'd do my best to make sure everyone got the maximum discount. That includes doing the legwork to gather enough people to get the maximum discount possible.post #938 of 12562/27/13 at 4:43pmpost #939 of 12562/27/13 at 6:53pm
I don't think anyone really knows what the triple dynamic is gonna sound like. The only thing for certain is that it isn't replacing the current top tier models as that's not what it's made for.post #940 of 12562/27/13 at 10:28pmThread Starter
What Poetik said.
This new dynamic thing is sort of replacing the Marvel and Aero at the same time. Those two were never all that popular from what I could tell, so this new model will replace both (which have already disappeared from the website).post #941 of 12564/28/13 at 11:22pmpost #942 of 12564/28/13 at 11:40pm
I assume you're referring to the 3DD and the Merlin, the opening is a vent allowing the air pumped by the dynamic drivers to circulate though the IEM.
I understand the 3DD's vent is adjustable which will presumably modulate the sound signature.
Sign-up to their newletter, UM will offer the 3DD at an attractive price for pre-orders this week. Still no info yet on the sound sig though :(post #943 of 12564/29/13 at 3:49am
The 3DD is really interesting. I prefer the dynamic sound better than the balanced armature.
As a bass head, three dynamic CIEM is really attract me.
The official website said that the 3DD's price will between $640 to $800.
Currently starting at $600 is really attractive.
I would like to order onepost #944 of 12567/8/13 at 4:50am
Is there a comparison between the Merlin and the Heir audio 4.a available anywhere, or does anyone here have both? I am currently looking at one of these two for my first pair of CIEMs, but the only comparisons I can find are between the Merlin and the 8.a, which isn't very useful since they are substantially different in price and my budget will only stretch to the 4.a.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FiiO E18: does your smartphone work with it for USB Audio? Tell us... 1 minute ago
- › Amperex EL84 D getter pair plus bonus Gold Lions 2 minutes ago
- › MicroZOTL2 Upgrade Discovery Thread..... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...