- 794 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: New Haven, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on 11/8/16 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM - Page 63post #931 of 12842/26/13 at 10:07amI don't need anything as much as, say, the Panasonic HJE900, but at least as much as the (not known for being punchy) Atrios.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #932 of 12842/26/13 at 10:27amQuote:
Never heard the HJE900 but I've heard the atrios. There is a mid bass boost to the Merlin so you don't have to worry about it being completely just sub bass. The overall sound signature is pretty much V shaped.post #933 of 12842/26/13 at 9:10pmQuote:
Is their any active UM group buy? I can't find any threads about it other than the older UM Global Deal Lucky 25. Thanks.
Edited by acesea - 2/26/13 at 9:19pmpost #934 of 12842/26/13 at 10:19pmpost #935 of 12842/27/13 at 10:17amQuote:
I don't think there is currently one but I honestly wouldn't mind setting up another group buy for them if they wanted. I see it as a win / win for them since all they have to do is sit back and enjoy the sales =) Maybe if there is enough interest, I'll PM Matt and see if he's willing to let me set another one up.post #936 of 12842/27/13 at 12:15pm
FWIW, the NA holiday GB didn't hit the 20 required, let alone the 30 for the 20% discount...
however, props to Stephen for letting the 20 min requirement slide as he gave those that signed up the 15% discount anyways....post #937 of 12842/27/13 at 1:18pm
Well just as I did before, I'd do my best to make sure everyone got the maximum discount. That includes doing the legwork to gather enough people to get the maximum discount possible.post #938 of 12842/27/13 at 4:43pmpost #939 of 12842/27/13 at 6:53pm
I don't think anyone really knows what the triple dynamic is gonna sound like. The only thing for certain is that it isn't replacing the current top tier models as that's not what it's made for.post #940 of 12842/27/13 at 10:28pmThread Starter
What Poetik said.
This new dynamic thing is sort of replacing the Marvel and Aero at the same time. Those two were never all that popular from what I could tell, so this new model will replace both (which have already disappeared from the website).post #941 of 12844/28/13 at 11:22pmpost #942 of 12844/28/13 at 11:40pm
I assume you're referring to the 3DD and the Merlin, the opening is a vent allowing the air pumped by the dynamic drivers to circulate though the IEM.
I understand the 3DD's vent is adjustable which will presumably modulate the sound signature.
Sign-up to their newletter, UM will offer the 3DD at an attractive price for pre-orders this week. Still no info yet on the sound sig though :(post #943 of 12844/29/13 at 3:49am
The 3DD is really interesting. I prefer the dynamic sound better than the balanced armature.
As a bass head, three dynamic CIEM is really attract me.
The official website said that the 3DD's price will between $640 to $800.
Currently starting at $600 is really attractive.
I would like to order onepost #944 of 12847/8/13 at 4:50am
Is there a comparison between the Merlin and the Heir audio 4.a available anywhere, or does anyone here have both? I am currently looking at one of these two for my first pair of CIEMs, but the only comparisons I can find are between the Merlin and the 8.a, which isn't very useful since they are substantially different in price and my budget will only stretch to the 4.a.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 29 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Hidizs AP60 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 6 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear