- 736 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: New Haven, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on 8/24/14 at 2:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM - Page 63post #931 of 10692/26/13 at 10:07amI don't need anything as much as, say, the Panasonic HJE900, but at least as much as the (not known for being punchy) Atrios.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #932 of 10692/26/13 at 10:27amQuote:
Never heard the HJE900 but I've heard the atrios. There is a mid bass boost to the Merlin so you don't have to worry about it being completely just sub bass. The overall sound signature is pretty much V shaped.post #933 of 10692/26/13 at 9:10pmQuote:
Is their any active UM group buy? I can't find any threads about it other than the older UM Global Deal Lucky 25. Thanks.
Edited by acesea - 2/26/13 at 9:19pmpost #934 of 10692/26/13 at 10:19pmpost #935 of 10692/27/13 at 10:17amQuote:
I don't think there is currently one but I honestly wouldn't mind setting up another group buy for them if they wanted. I see it as a win / win for them since all they have to do is sit back and enjoy the sales =) Maybe if there is enough interest, I'll PM Matt and see if he's willing to let me set another one up.post #936 of 10692/27/13 at 12:15pm
FWIW, the NA holiday GB didn't hit the 20 required, let alone the 30 for the 20% discount...
however, props to Stephen for letting the 20 min requirement slide as he gave those that signed up the 15% discount anyways....post #937 of 10692/27/13 at 1:18pm
Well just as I did before, I'd do my best to make sure everyone got the maximum discount. That includes doing the legwork to gather enough people to get the maximum discount possible.post #938 of 10692/27/13 at 4:43pmpost #939 of 10692/27/13 at 6:53pm
I don't think anyone really knows what the triple dynamic is gonna sound like. The only thing for certain is that it isn't replacing the current top tier models as that's not what it's made for.post #940 of 10692/27/13 at 10:28pmThread Starter
What Poetik said.
This new dynamic thing is sort of replacing the Marvel and Aero at the same time. Those two were never all that popular from what I could tell, so this new model will replace both (which have already disappeared from the website).post #941 of 10694/28/13 at 11:22pmpost #942 of 10694/28/13 at 11:40pm
I assume you're referring to the 3DD and the Merlin, the opening is a vent allowing the air pumped by the dynamic drivers to circulate though the IEM.
I understand the 3DD's vent is adjustable which will presumably modulate the sound signature.
Sign-up to their newletter, UM will offer the 3DD at an attractive price for pre-orders this week. Still no info yet on the sound sig though :(post #943 of 10694/29/13 at 3:49am
The 3DD is really interesting. I prefer the dynamic sound better than the balanced armature.
As a bass head, three dynamic CIEM is really attract me.
The official website said that the 3DD's price will between $640 to $800.
Currently starting at $600 is really attractive.
I would like to order onepost #944 of 10697/8/13 at 4:50am
Is there a comparison between the Merlin and the Heir audio 4.a available anywhere, or does anyone here have both? I am currently looking at one of these two for my first pair of CIEMs, but the only comparisons I can find are between the Merlin and the 8.a, which isn't very useful since they are substantially different in price and my budget will only stretch to the 4.a.post #945 of 10697/8/13 at 6:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 53 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › How to clean Headphones Velours 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 9 minutes ago
- › DUNU World's First Patent Pending Hybrid Earbuds--Alpha 1 9 minutes ago
- › can't put on hd25-II earpads!! 10 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 10 minutes ago
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Typhoon859
- › Future Sonics mg6pro by Kunlun
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by LeoTheAwesome
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by fxim
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)