- 624 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Denver, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... Last post on Today at 1:33 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM - Page 63post #931 of 9432/26/13 at 10:07amI don't need anything as much as, say, the Panasonic HJE900, but at least as much as the (not known for being punchy) Atrios.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #932 of 9432/26/13 at 10:27amQuote:
Never heard the HJE900 but I've heard the atrios. There is a mid bass boost to the Merlin so you don't have to worry about it being completely just sub bass. The overall sound signature is pretty much V shaped.post #933 of 9432/26/13 at 9:10pmQuote:
Is their any active UM group buy? I can't find any threads about it other than the older UM Global Deal Lucky 25. Thanks.
Edited by acesea - 2/26/13 at 9:19pmpost #934 of 9432/26/13 at 10:19pmpost #935 of 9432/27/13 at 10:17amQuote:
I don't think there is currently one but I honestly wouldn't mind setting up another group buy for them if they wanted. I see it as a win / win for them since all they have to do is sit back and enjoy the sales =) Maybe if there is enough interest, I'll PM Matt and see if he's willing to let me set another one up.post #936 of 9432/27/13 at 12:15pm
FWIW, the NA holiday GB didn't hit the 20 required, let alone the 30 for the 20% discount...
however, props to Stephen for letting the 20 min requirement slide as he gave those that signed up the 15% discount anyways....post #937 of 9432/27/13 at 1:18pm
Well just as I did before, I'd do my best to make sure everyone got the maximum discount. That includes doing the legwork to gather enough people to get the maximum discount possible.post #938 of 9432/27/13 at 4:43pmpost #939 of 9432/27/13 at 6:53pm
I don't think anyone really knows what the triple dynamic is gonna sound like. The only thing for certain is that it isn't replacing the current top tier models as that's not what it's made for.post #940 of 9432/27/13 at 10:28pmThread Starter
What Poetik said.
This new dynamic thing is sort of replacing the Marvel and Aero at the same time. Those two were never all that popular from what I could tell, so this new model will replace both (which have already disappeared from the website).post #941 of 9434/28/13 at 11:22pmpost #942 of 9434/28/13 at 11:40pm
I assume you're referring to the 3DD and the Merlin, the opening is a vent allowing the air pumped by the dynamic drivers to circulate though the IEM.
I understand the 3DD's vent is adjustable which will presumably modulate the sound signature.
Sign-up to their newletter, UM will offer the 3DD at an attractive price for pre-orders this week. Still no info yet on the sound sig though :(post #943 of 9434/29/13 at 3:49am
The 3DD is really interesting. I prefer the dynamic sound better than the balanced armature.
As a bass head, three dynamic CIEM is really attract me.
The official website said that the 3DD's price will between $640 to $800.
Currently starting at $600 is really attractive.
I would like to order oneReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Something portable with the same quality than my Asus xonar essence... 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 18 seconds ago
- › I have stopped using headphones, switched to Speakers and Sub-woofer. 24 seconds ago
- › Over the ear HeadPhone for computer? 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › philips fidelio x1 vs hifiman he-400 (stronger natural midrange?) 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig 4 minutes ago
- › burson new soloist headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › Help with impedance mismatching 4 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe