- 765 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: New Haven, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on 6/13/15 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM - Page 63post #931 of 12382/26/13 at 10:07amI don't need anything as much as, say, the Panasonic HJE900, but at least as much as the (not known for being punchy) Atrios.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #932 of 12382/26/13 at 10:27amQuote:
Never heard the HJE900 but I've heard the atrios. There is a mid bass boost to the Merlin so you don't have to worry about it being completely just sub bass. The overall sound signature is pretty much V shaped.post #933 of 12382/26/13 at 9:10pmQuote:
Is their any active UM group buy? I can't find any threads about it other than the older UM Global Deal Lucky 25. Thanks.
Edited by acesea - 2/26/13 at 9:19pmpost #934 of 12382/26/13 at 10:19pmpost #935 of 12382/27/13 at 10:17amQuote:
I don't think there is currently one but I honestly wouldn't mind setting up another group buy for them if they wanted. I see it as a win / win for them since all they have to do is sit back and enjoy the sales =) Maybe if there is enough interest, I'll PM Matt and see if he's willing to let me set another one up.post #936 of 12382/27/13 at 12:15pm
FWIW, the NA holiday GB didn't hit the 20 required, let alone the 30 for the 20% discount...
however, props to Stephen for letting the 20 min requirement slide as he gave those that signed up the 15% discount anyways....post #937 of 12382/27/13 at 1:18pm
Well just as I did before, I'd do my best to make sure everyone got the maximum discount. That includes doing the legwork to gather enough people to get the maximum discount possible.post #938 of 12382/27/13 at 4:43pmpost #939 of 12382/27/13 at 6:53pm
I don't think anyone really knows what the triple dynamic is gonna sound like. The only thing for certain is that it isn't replacing the current top tier models as that's not what it's made for.post #940 of 12382/27/13 at 10:28pmThread Starter
What Poetik said.
This new dynamic thing is sort of replacing the Marvel and Aero at the same time. Those two were never all that popular from what I could tell, so this new model will replace both (which have already disappeared from the website).post #941 of 12384/28/13 at 11:22pmpost #942 of 12384/28/13 at 11:40pm
I assume you're referring to the 3DD and the Merlin, the opening is a vent allowing the air pumped by the dynamic drivers to circulate though the IEM.
I understand the 3DD's vent is adjustable which will presumably modulate the sound signature.
Sign-up to their newletter, UM will offer the 3DD at an attractive price for pre-orders this week. Still no info yet on the sound sig though :(post #943 of 12384/29/13 at 3:49am
The 3DD is really interesting. I prefer the dynamic sound better than the balanced armature.
As a bass head, three dynamic CIEM is really attract me.
The official website said that the 3DD's price will between $640 to $800.
Currently starting at $600 is really attractive.
I would like to order onepost #944 of 12387/8/13 at 4:50am
Is there a comparison between the Merlin and the Heir audio 4.a available anywhere, or does anyone here have both? I am currently looking at one of these two for my first pair of CIEMs, but the only comparisons I can find are between the Merlin and the 8.a, which isn't very useful since they are substantially different in price and my budget will only stretch to the 4.a.post #945 of 12387/8/13 at 6:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 48 seconds ago
- › denon ah-d600 1 minute ago
- › Is wasapi needed when I'm using usb external dac? 1 minute ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 3 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 7 minutes ago
- › Help me choose wisely!!! Momentum m2 (wired) vs hd25-1 II + dt770... 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 8 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 9 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 9 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3