Ok i guess its just a wait and see game, hopefully i can get them back in a little over a month so i can bring them with me to CanJam.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on 11/8/16 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM - Page 58post #856 of 12849/4/12 at 8:04am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #857 of 12849/4/12 at 2:37pmQuote:
Took you awhile get those off to UM. I mainly used them straight out of the iPhone to keep it minimal. Still sounds excellent. Hope it comes back to a perfect fit.post #858 of 12849/8/12 at 6:37am
Oh i know, a big whole ordeal at the audiologist with how i was getting my impressions back to me left them sitting on his desk for a month . Hopefully it comes back fitting well because i think another ship to china would kill me hahapost #859 of 128410/21/12 at 11:01pmpost #860 of 128410/22/12 at 1:01amQuote:
I was actually wondering something similar, but didn't want to bump the thread (thanks RobotsEatCookie :) ). Considering the Merlins are very low impedance units, how will they perform with an amp with a specified output of 16-300 OHM (Fiio E17 in my case)? Will there be alot of/noticeable hiss?post #861 of 128410/22/12 at 3:34amQuote:
you don't really need an amp for them.
clip+ alone is fine.
Didn't try a fiio amp, but it sounded fine on Cowon d2, although I did give it a bass boost to compensate for the high output impedance there.post #862 of 128410/22/12 at 10:14pmpost #863 of 128410/22/12 at 11:35pmpost #864 of 128410/23/12 at 12:00ampost #865 of 128410/23/12 at 12:34ampost #866 of 128410/23/12 at 12:54ampost #867 of 128411/5/12 at 1:02pmpost #868 of 128411/5/12 at 1:04pmpost #869 of 128411/5/12 at 1:10pm
So my Merlins came into day and they sound fantastic, only thing is the fit isnt...It's literally horrid. I dont know what went wrong but unless im in the exact position i had my impressions taken, (mouth and body) im very discomforted by my ciem. Iv contacted UM about it no response yet but then again its only been an hour. Just really wish i didnt have to send them off for another reshell, which will take at least another month....
Also UM's CIEM HD Pictures are VERY VERY accurate. Id highly recommend using very high quality images for yours if you choose to go that route. i didnt use the best just the quickest and they turned out slightly blotchy. I posted the best pictures i could get to try to show this, but for the most part they turned out pretty good.post #870 of 128412/9/12 at 5:48am
Received my Unique Melody Merlin 7 days ago, and they already showed some problems. The Recessed Socket Type had its metal pins deeper inside and the monitor right side stoped working. The other problem is that the cable don't stay secure with the IEM, so I can not hold them on my chest. Took some pictures to show the problem. I'm from Brazil and the UM representant already asked me to send it back to him. But I'm very sad about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rodrigo PitaReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Quake! Come on, you know you loved it! And I mean Quake 1 and Team... 22 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Corrupt a wish 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 7 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 11 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear