Ok i guess its just a wait and see game, hopefully i can get them back in a little over a month so i can bring them with me to CanJam.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on 7/7/16 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM - Page 58post #856 of 12699/4/12 at 8:04am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #857 of 12699/4/12 at 2:37pmQuote:
Took you awhile get those off to UM. I mainly used them straight out of the iPhone to keep it minimal. Still sounds excellent. Hope it comes back to a perfect fit.post #858 of 12699/8/12 at 6:37am
Oh i know, a big whole ordeal at the audiologist with how i was getting my impressions back to me left them sitting on his desk for a month . Hopefully it comes back fitting well because i think another ship to china would kill me hahapost #859 of 126910/21/12 at 11:01pmpost #860 of 126910/22/12 at 1:01amQuote:
I was actually wondering something similar, but didn't want to bump the thread (thanks RobotsEatCookie :) ). Considering the Merlins are very low impedance units, how will they perform with an amp with a specified output of 16-300 OHM (Fiio E17 in my case)? Will there be alot of/noticeable hiss?post #861 of 126910/22/12 at 3:34amQuote:
you don't really need an amp for them.
clip+ alone is fine.
Didn't try a fiio amp, but it sounded fine on Cowon d2, although I did give it a bass boost to compensate for the high output impedance there.post #862 of 126910/22/12 at 10:14pmpost #863 of 126910/22/12 at 11:35pmpost #864 of 126910/23/12 at 12:00ampost #865 of 126910/23/12 at 12:34ampost #866 of 126910/23/12 at 12:54ampost #867 of 126911/5/12 at 1:02pmpost #868 of 126911/5/12 at 1:04pmpost #869 of 126911/5/12 at 1:10pm
So my Merlins came into day and they sound fantastic, only thing is the fit isnt...It's literally horrid. I dont know what went wrong but unless im in the exact position i had my impressions taken, (mouth and body) im very discomforted by my ciem. Iv contacted UM about it no response yet but then again its only been an hour. Just really wish i didnt have to send them off for another reshell, which will take at least another month....
Also UM's CIEM HD Pictures are VERY VERY accurate. Id highly recommend using very high quality images for yours if you choose to go that route. i didnt use the best just the quickest and they turned out slightly blotchy. I posted the best pictures i could get to try to show this, but for the most part they turned out pretty good.post #870 of 126912/9/12 at 5:48am
Received my Unique Melody Merlin 7 days ago, and they already showed some problems. The Recessed Socket Type had its metal pins deeper inside and the monitor right side stoped working. The other problem is that the cable don't stay secure with the IEM, so I can not hold them on my chest. Took some pictures to show the problem. I'm from Brazil and the UM representant already asked me to send it back to him. But I'm very sad about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rodrigo PitaReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 14 seconds ago
- › DIY Earbuds 32 seconds ago
- › Dual Vorbis encoding: is there audible loss ? 37 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for recommendations for my first headphones. 4 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 4 minutes ago
- › SCHIIT Mjolnir 2 Balanced Headphone Amp/PreAmp In Box w/ Extras! 5 minutes ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...