Ok i guess its just a wait and see game, hopefully i can get them back in a little over a month so i can bring them with me to CanJam.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:58 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM - Page 58post #856 of 12089/4/12 at 8:04am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #857 of 12089/4/12 at 2:37pmQuote:
Took you awhile get those off to UM. I mainly used them straight out of the iPhone to keep it minimal. Still sounds excellent. Hope it comes back to a perfect fit.post #858 of 12089/8/12 at 6:37am
Oh i know, a big whole ordeal at the audiologist with how i was getting my impressions back to me left them sitting on his desk for a month . Hopefully it comes back fitting well because i think another ship to china would kill me hahapost #859 of 120810/21/12 at 11:01pmpost #860 of 120810/22/12 at 1:01amQuote:
I was actually wondering something similar, but didn't want to bump the thread (thanks RobotsEatCookie :) ). Considering the Merlins are very low impedance units, how will they perform with an amp with a specified output of 16-300 OHM (Fiio E17 in my case)? Will there be alot of/noticeable hiss?post #861 of 120810/22/12 at 3:34amQuote:
you don't really need an amp for them.
clip+ alone is fine.
Didn't try a fiio amp, but it sounded fine on Cowon d2, although I did give it a bass boost to compensate for the high output impedance there.post #862 of 120810/22/12 at 10:14pmpost #863 of 120810/22/12 at 11:35pmpost #864 of 120810/23/12 at 12:00ampost #865 of 120810/23/12 at 12:34ampost #866 of 120810/23/12 at 12:54ampost #867 of 120811/5/12 at 1:02pmpost #868 of 120811/5/12 at 1:04pmpost #869 of 120811/5/12 at 1:10pm
So my Merlins came into day and they sound fantastic, only thing is the fit isnt...It's literally horrid. I dont know what went wrong but unless im in the exact position i had my impressions taken, (mouth and body) im very discomforted by my ciem. Iv contacted UM about it no response yet but then again its only been an hour. Just really wish i didnt have to send them off for another reshell, which will take at least another month....
Also UM's CIEM HD Pictures are VERY VERY accurate. Id highly recommend using very high quality images for yours if you choose to go that route. i didnt use the best just the quickest and they turned out slightly blotchy. I posted the best pictures i could get to try to show this, but for the most part they turned out pretty good.post #870 of 120812/9/12 at 5:48am
Received my Unique Melody Merlin 7 days ago, and they already showed some problems. The Recessed Socket Type had its metal pins deeper inside and the monitor right side stoped working. The other problem is that the cable don't stay secure with the IEM, so I can not hold them on my chest. Took some pictures to show the problem. I'm from Brazil and the UM representant already asked me to send it back to him. But I'm very sad about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rodrigo PitaReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 7 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 14 seconds ago
- › Sound card necessary? 54 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2