Ok i guess its just a wait and see game, hopefully i can get them back in a little over a month so i can bring them with me to CanJam.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread Last post on 3/10/14 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM - Page 58post #856 of 9539/4/12 at 8:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 9539/4/12 at 2:37pmQuote:
Took you awhile get those off to UM. I mainly used them straight out of the iPhone to keep it minimal. Still sounds excellent. Hope it comes back to a perfect fit.post #858 of 9539/8/12 at 6:37am
Oh i know, a big whole ordeal at the audiologist with how i was getting my impressions back to me left them sitting on his desk for a month . Hopefully it comes back fitting well because i think another ship to china would kill me hahapost #859 of 95310/21/12 at 11:01pmpost #860 of 95310/22/12 at 1:01amQuote:
I was actually wondering something similar, but didn't want to bump the thread (thanks RobotsEatCookie :) ). Considering the Merlins are very low impedance units, how will they perform with an amp with a specified output of 16-300 OHM (Fiio E17 in my case)? Will there be alot of/noticeable hiss?post #861 of 95310/22/12 at 3:34amQuote:
you don't really need an amp for them.
clip+ alone is fine.
Didn't try a fiio amp, but it sounded fine on Cowon d2, although I did give it a bass boost to compensate for the high output impedance there.post #862 of 95310/22/12 at 10:14pmpost #863 of 95310/22/12 at 11:35pmpost #864 of 95310/23/12 at 12:00ampost #865 of 95310/23/12 at 12:34ampost #866 of 95310/23/12 at 12:54ampost #867 of 95311/5/12 at 1:02pmpost #868 of 95311/5/12 at 1:04pmpost #869 of 95311/5/12 at 1:10pm
So my Merlins came into day and they sound fantastic, only thing is the fit isnt...It's literally horrid. I dont know what went wrong but unless im in the exact position i had my impressions taken, (mouth and body) im very discomforted by my ciem. Iv contacted UM about it no response yet but then again its only been an hour. Just really wish i didnt have to send them off for another reshell, which will take at least another month....
Also UM's CIEM HD Pictures are VERY VERY accurate. Id highly recommend using very high quality images for yours if you choose to go that route. i didnt use the best just the quickest and they turned out slightly blotchy. I posted the best pictures i could get to try to show this, but for the most part they turned out pretty good.post #870 of 95312/9/12 at 5:48am
Received my Unique Melody Merlin 7 days ago, and they already showed some problems. The Recessed Socket Type had its metal pins deeper inside and the monitor right side stoped working. The other problem is that the cable don't stay secure with the IEM, so I can not hold them on my chest. Took some pictures to show the problem. I'm from Brazil and the UM representant already asked me to send it back to him. But I'm very sad about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rodrigo PitaReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 11 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 20 seconds ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 37 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-14b2) 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 3 minutes ago
- › Help for a Newb (M50x vs DT770 80?) 3 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude