Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs vs Portables Last post on 7/24/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread Last post on 4/18/16 at 3:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM - Page 71post #1051 of 12547/15/14 at 5:47pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1052 of 12547/15/14 at 5:47pmpost #1053 of 12547/18/14 at 11:56am
After much testing, i finally bit the bullet today for a pair of Merlins, hopefully will arrive within 6 weeks in immaculate condition without fitting or technical issues, to replace my 5 year old dual driver LiveWires.
Hopefully it will look like how i wanted it with correct colour combinations and custom art like how i rendered it:
Edited by burpingboy - 7/18/14 at 10:02pmpost #1054 of 12547/19/14 at 1:12ampost #1055 of 12547/19/14 at 3:21ampost #1056 of 12547/19/14 at 9:15amHi all. Yep they do! The vents are very small metal tubings. I got them for sgd900 in all. The local distributor has a sale going on this July. They sell all of the um series and after trying the whole lineup, i liked the Merlins the best. I even preferred it to the mentors. The demo sets were all hand made acrylic universals and i had expected mine to be so but apparently um now 3d prints the universals so its much2 faster, not to mention a smaller body which is very comfortable. The saleaperson ticked 3d printed universals in my order sheet. I believe my pair of merlins were constructed in China. I've had them for a week and they sound spectacular. I hope to be able to write a short review soon. Its strange how people are going on and on about the new hybrids but very few seem to have revisted the Merlins. Having owned a fair bit of iems and headphones, I think these are a fantastic pair of earphones. A great accomplishment by um.post #1057 of 12547/19/14 at 10:20ampost #1058 of 12547/19/14 at 3:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by BooBoo91
I really tempted to reshell my Merlin into Universal form. After a year i realize that it's better to have Universal form for listening when i lie on my bed (most of time).
Beside, the really did well on universal's design. I gonna throw 250 for it ><</div>
Be sure to ask for the 3d printed version. Its really very comfortable. But you'll have to try different tips to settle on a particular sound. The different tips dont mess the sound about a great deal. Its just that there are very subtle differences.post #1059 of 12547/20/14 at 2:21amQuote:
Any idea if they would ship to uk?
Thankspost #1060 of 12547/20/14 at 10:13ampost #1061 of 12547/20/14 at 11:14ampost #1062 of 12547/22/14 at 8:02am
I read through this whole thread twice now (what am I doing with my life?). Once before ordering the Merlin, now again since I placed the order earlier today (need to reinforce myself after the sinking feeling of departing with all that money).
I am upgrading to this from my Brainwavz R3 IEM that I received for free with my Ibasso DX90 from mp4nation. I think I am in for a real treat! I went down this path because after getting the Ultrasone Pro 900 I got addicted to soundstage, and the merlin is basically a similar signature in a CIEM. I started getting fed up with the Pro 900 which are kind of heavy and hot. The cups swivel and drive me crazy fit wise, especially since I am so conscious of the whole S-logic and driver placement, so I keep repositioning them on my head. After starting to use the Brainwavz R3 (which sound great to my ears), I almost always prefered to quickly insert these than taking out the Pro 900 and messing with them on my head for an hour. Thing is, I do occasionally have fit issues with the R3 as well, having to adjust/push them in deeper and then start rolling tips when I get too annoyed.
I was about to go for a higher tier IEM like Sennheiser IE80 or Sony EX1000/600, but then I read up on how some members here preferred their portable rigs (audiophile DAP + CIEM) compared to their expensive HD800/T1 desktop rigs. Hopefully my journey will end after this (who am I kidding?).
Initially I was torn between the Merlin and the JH16 but decided on the Merlin since they are supposed to have a larger soundstage and are cheaper for me (I live in Israel). This still was sort of a tough decision due to all the marketing hype about 10 and 12 driver CIEMs out there. I wonder how much the Merlin keeps up with it's 4 BAs and 1 DD... I hope they aren't lagging too far behind.
I know I have a long wait ahead of me but I was wondering if someone can enlighten me a little bit about impedance issues of the Merlin and the DX90. So far, I always use it on high gain as I feel it gives me the most dynamics.
Thanks for all the wonderful impressions guys, couldn't have gotten all this info anywhere else
Edited by uli87 - 7/22/14 at 8:05ampost #1063 of 12547/22/14 at 10:12pmpost #1064 of 12547/23/14 at 7:32pm
Cross posting like a boss..
Just got mine this week! Love them.
Here's some pics!
The case in my photos is a Pelican 1010 :)
The wait time was just over 6 weeks from sending off impressions to getting the iems back through Unique Melody Global (uniquemelody.co) - tough wait, but worth it!
Edited by kelske - 7/23/14 at 7:33pmpost #1065 of 12547/23/14 at 10:39pmQuote:
I just couldn't find many other options that offer a huge soundstage with rumbling bass and airy highs, especially for this price.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 19 seconds ago
- › K1000 and RATTLE! 48 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › DAC vs. DAP? 13 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 13 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 13 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP 1900 vs 2000 vs 2600 14 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...