I ordered my XB1000s which should arrive in 2 weeks. I want to get the most of it so I would like to know my choices. I've been looking iBasso T3/4 and digiZoid ZO (I'd wait for the 2nd gen). I really like the 32 levels of boost in ZO and I was wondering will iBassos be able to match it/overcome it?
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/19/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productIbasso T3tagged by System, 8/19/11
- productIbasso t4tagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 8/19/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- I just can't decide Last post on 1/23/11 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need an amp? Last post on 7/15/10 at 3:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Best bassboost amps in 120$ range?post #1 of 78/13/11 at 7:10amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 78/13/11 at 8:13am
The XB1000 doesn't really need bass boost, LOL but if you are trying to get something to sound like the "Wall of Bass" effect you get at the Monster Beats Kiosks, you'll need something more than a $100 amp. The Marantz 1090, for instance, is an integrated power amp that can achieve that effect with the XB700. Haven't had the chance to test it with the XB1000 yet.
The T3 isn't that bassy. The E7 is a much bassier amp optoin with its bass boost, as is the E11. The E11 is the bassier of the two. My fave bassy amp outside of the Marantz is the C&C X02, which has the absolute best bass in any amp under $300, portable or not.
Well, I don't know, I haven't had the chance to compare the Zo with my own two ears, but according to reports from someone who does ahve both the Zo and the X02, the X02 is far superior (also costs about twice as much, a bit more actually).
Edited by Mochan - 8/13/11 at 8:14ampost #3 of 78/13/11 at 8:31amThread Starter
I'm looking to get this conversation with my friends:
- What happened? You look like someone beated you... to your ears??
- Nah I just listened some music
As for C&C XO2 I can't get it shipped here and it is bit pricey so ZO would be the best for my needs or...?post #4 of 78/13/11 at 8:35am
I really think ZO is your best option for that price, there's been one people here listening to both FiiO E11 and ZO and preferred ZO easily.
Also there was another person here that went for the same combo (XB1000 and ZO) and he became very satisfied http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/563521/amp-for-xb500-in-your-face-bass-thump-from-xb1000s
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/13/11 at 8:37ampost #5 of 78/13/11 at 8:39amThread Starterpost #6 of 78/13/11 at 12:52pmQuote:
Well you said you would wait for ZO v2 though and no1 has heard that yet and we can't be 100% sure it would sound the same but at least ZO v1 has great sound quality and bass boost functionality for the price. I don't seem to be the only person who would value the product in SQ as a portable amp, more in the 150~$200 segment or so than a 80~$100 product. The price/performance ratio is outstanding.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/13/11 at 12:57pmpost #7 of 78/14/11 at 9:14amThread Starter
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › AIFF/ALAC/FLAC/WAV???? 10 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-560 (Incl. extras) - Free worldwide shipping and pp 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2