I ordered my XB1000s which should arrive in 2 weeks. I want to get the most of it so I would like to know my choices. I've been looking iBasso T3/4 and digiZoid ZO (I'd wait for the 2nd gen). I really like the 32 levels of boost in ZO and I was wondering will iBassos be able to match it/overcome it?
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/19/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productIbasso T3tagged by System, 8/19/11
- productIbasso t4tagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 8/19/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- I just can't decide Last post on 1/23/11 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need an amp? Last post on 7/15/10 at 3:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
Best bassboost amps in 120$ range?post #1 of 78/13/11 at 7:10amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 78/13/11 at 8:13am
The XB1000 doesn't really need bass boost, LOL but if you are trying to get something to sound like the "Wall of Bass" effect you get at the Monster Beats Kiosks, you'll need something more than a $100 amp. The Marantz 1090, for instance, is an integrated power amp that can achieve that effect with the XB700. Haven't had the chance to test it with the XB1000 yet.
The T3 isn't that bassy. The E7 is a much bassier amp optoin with its bass boost, as is the E11. The E11 is the bassier of the two. My fave bassy amp outside of the Marantz is the C&C X02, which has the absolute best bass in any amp under $300, portable or not.
Well, I don't know, I haven't had the chance to compare the Zo with my own two ears, but according to reports from someone who does ahve both the Zo and the X02, the X02 is far superior (also costs about twice as much, a bit more actually).
Edited by Mochan - 8/13/11 at 8:14ampost #3 of 78/13/11 at 8:31amThread Starter
I'm looking to get this conversation with my friends:
- What happened? You look like someone beated you... to your ears??
- Nah I just listened some music
As for C&C XO2 I can't get it shipped here and it is bit pricey so ZO would be the best for my needs or...?post #4 of 78/13/11 at 8:35am
I really think ZO is your best option for that price, there's been one people here listening to both FiiO E11 and ZO and preferred ZO easily.
Also there was another person here that went for the same combo (XB1000 and ZO) and he became very satisfied http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/563521/amp-for-xb500-in-your-face-bass-thump-from-xb1000s
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/13/11 at 8:37ampost #5 of 78/13/11 at 8:39amThread Starterpost #6 of 78/13/11 at 12:52pmQuote:
Well you said you would wait for ZO v2 though and no1 has heard that yet and we can't be 100% sure it would sound the same but at least ZO v1 has great sound quality and bass boost functionality for the price. I don't seem to be the only person who would value the product in SQ as a portable amp, more in the 150~$200 segment or so than a 80~$100 product. The price/performance ratio is outstanding.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/13/11 at 12:57pmpost #7 of 78/14/11 at 9:14amThread Starter
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › good amp for my Sennheiser Gameone headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Phillips X2 woox & Shure 1540 & ath m50x for he 560. 8 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 2nd gen Review World Tour Starts Right Now, don't miss... 11 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...