I ordered my XB1000s which should arrive in 2 weeks. I want to get the most of it so I would like to know my choices. I've been looking iBasso T3/4 and digiZoid ZO (I'd wait for the 2nd gen). I really like the 32 levels of boost in ZO and I was wondering will iBassos be able to match it/overcome it?
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/19/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productIbasso T3tagged by System, 8/19/11
- productIbasso t4tagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 8/19/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- I just can't decide Last post on 1/23/11 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need an amp? Last post on 7/15/10 at 3:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02 Last post on 12/22/11 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Best bassboost amps in 120$ range?post #1 of 78/13/11 at 7:10amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 78/13/11 at 8:13am
The XB1000 doesn't really need bass boost, LOL but if you are trying to get something to sound like the "Wall of Bass" effect you get at the Monster Beats Kiosks, you'll need something more than a $100 amp. The Marantz 1090, for instance, is an integrated power amp that can achieve that effect with the XB700. Haven't had the chance to test it with the XB1000 yet.
The T3 isn't that bassy. The E7 is a much bassier amp optoin with its bass boost, as is the E11. The E11 is the bassier of the two. My fave bassy amp outside of the Marantz is the C&C X02, which has the absolute best bass in any amp under $300, portable or not.
Well, I don't know, I haven't had the chance to compare the Zo with my own two ears, but according to reports from someone who does ahve both the Zo and the X02, the X02 is far superior (also costs about twice as much, a bit more actually).
Edited by Mochan - 8/13/11 at 8:14ampost #3 of 78/13/11 at 8:31amThread Starter
I'm looking to get this conversation with my friends:
- What happened? You look like someone beated you... to your ears??
- Nah I just listened some music
As for C&C XO2 I can't get it shipped here and it is bit pricey so ZO would be the best for my needs or...?post #4 of 78/13/11 at 8:35am
I really think ZO is your best option for that price, there's been one people here listening to both FiiO E11 and ZO and preferred ZO easily.
Also there was another person here that went for the same combo (XB1000 and ZO) and he became very satisfied http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/563521/amp-for-xb500-in-your-face-bass-thump-from-xb1000s
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/13/11 at 8:37ampost #5 of 78/13/11 at 8:39amThread Starterpost #6 of 78/13/11 at 12:52pmQuote:
Well you said you would wait for ZO v2 though and no1 has heard that yet and we can't be 100% sure it would sound the same but at least ZO v1 has great sound quality and bass boost functionality for the price. I don't seem to be the only person who would value the product in SQ as a portable amp, more in the 150~$200 segment or so than a 80~$100 product. The price/performance ratio is outstanding.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/13/11 at 12:57pmpost #7 of 78/14/11 at 9:14amThread Starter
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 20 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 30 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › HE-500 Question 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 5 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)