Maybe try to re-measure a few sets of data, each with some minor variations in the earcup placement on your measuring instrument? That could uncover what is causing this.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 6:18 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Beyerdynamic DT 480 - 25 ohm(with some mods) This is a review of the Beyerdynamic DT 480, I believe the only other headphone that shares a driver with the DT 48, the original dynamic headphone....
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
Headphone CSD waterfall plots - Page 63post #931 of 9375/9/13 at 9:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #932 of 9375/9/13 at 10:20am
Artificial ear and ear canal leading to an electret capsule mic. An MLS signal.Quote:
I'll see about doing it later today.post #933 of 9376/26/13 at 10:12am
Using the programs from dsputils.zip (see description here), I have created a script for a fairly complete set of headphone measurements. I am not sure if anyone finds this useful, though, since the user friendliness and the documentation are lacking, but maybe someone will find it interesting:
It uses the following input files:
- the test signals recorded from the headphone (the test does take a few minutes, so the sample could be optimized for shorter length). resample.txt needs to be set up with the correct start time and gain parameters so that the 1 kHz tone at the beginning of the file starts at exactly 1 second, and has an amplitude of 0 dBFS
- the impedance test file (a loopback recording using a device with a known resistive output impedance; the test signal consists of two MLS loops, the headphone load needs to be connected during the second one)
- global equalization IR file (it is applied to all measurements)
- frequency response equalization IR file (it is only applied to the FR graph)
The graphs created include:
- frequency response (from impulse response, equalized; it does not average the response from multiple positions, though, which would be a useful feature)
- CSD (left and right channel)
- 500 Hz THD spectrum at 90 and 100 dB SPL (note: for the SPL values to be correct, the test file should be played at a volume setting at which 0 dBFS = 105 dB SPL - the drivers need to be able to handle this, and a long sine sweep at 100 dB)
- 55 Hz + 2000 Hz 4:1 IMD spectrum at 90 and 100 dB SPL
- 15000 + 16000 Hz 1:1 IMD spectrum at 90 and 100 dB SPL
- THD vs. frequency at 90 and 100 dB SPL
- THD vs. level at 50 Hz, from 80 to 105 dB SPL
- group delay
- impedance vs. frequency
The package also contains some sample graphs. However, since I did not use a high quality microphone and dummy head or artificial ear, these are not particularly accurate, and are really only examples.post #934 of 9377/8/13 at 12:39pm
Beyer DT 100 (400-ohm)
Measured without the artificial ear, but it looks close enough to the Golden Ears measurement and seems about what I hear.
Some actually do call these headphones neutral and accurate.post #935 of 93712/23/13 at 10:24ampost #936 of 93712/23/13 at 1:25pm
Can you use these curves:
http://jiiteepee.tripod.com/peqgui-10mc.html (read the documentation)
It's not perfect way but ...post #937 of 93712/23/13 at 8:50pmThread StarterQuote:
Do you mean you want an impulse response file?
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 6 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 25 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 25 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Official ♦♦ Chord Hugo2 Canada/U.S.A. Tour ♦♦ Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread - July 16, 2016 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear