Maybe try to re-measure a few sets of data, each with some minor variations in the earcup placement on your measuring instrument? That could uncover what is causing this.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 12/4/16 at 10:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Headphone CSD waterfall plots - Page 63post #931 of 9375/9/13 at 9:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #932 of 9375/9/13 at 10:20am
Artificial ear and ear canal leading to an electret capsule mic. An MLS signal.Quote:
I'll see about doing it later today.post #933 of 9376/26/13 at 10:12am
Using the programs from dsputils.zip (see description here), I have created a script for a fairly complete set of headphone measurements. I am not sure if anyone finds this useful, though, since the user friendliness and the documentation are lacking, but maybe someone will find it interesting:
It uses the following input files:
- the test signals recorded from the headphone (the test does take a few minutes, so the sample could be optimized for shorter length). resample.txt needs to be set up with the correct start time and gain parameters so that the 1 kHz tone at the beginning of the file starts at exactly 1 second, and has an amplitude of 0 dBFS
- the impedance test file (a loopback recording using a device with a known resistive output impedance; the test signal consists of two MLS loops, the headphone load needs to be connected during the second one)
- global equalization IR file (it is applied to all measurements)
- frequency response equalization IR file (it is only applied to the FR graph)
The graphs created include:
- frequency response (from impulse response, equalized; it does not average the response from multiple positions, though, which would be a useful feature)
- CSD (left and right channel)
- 500 Hz THD spectrum at 90 and 100 dB SPL (note: for the SPL values to be correct, the test file should be played at a volume setting at which 0 dBFS = 105 dB SPL - the drivers need to be able to handle this, and a long sine sweep at 100 dB)
- 55 Hz + 2000 Hz 4:1 IMD spectrum at 90 and 100 dB SPL
- 15000 + 16000 Hz 1:1 IMD spectrum at 90 and 100 dB SPL
- THD vs. frequency at 90 and 100 dB SPL
- THD vs. level at 50 Hz, from 80 to 105 dB SPL
- group delay
- impedance vs. frequency
The package also contains some sample graphs. However, since I did not use a high quality microphone and dummy head or artificial ear, these are not particularly accurate, and are really only examples.post #934 of 9377/8/13 at 12:39pm
Beyer DT 100 (400-ohm)
Measured without the artificial ear, but it looks close enough to the Golden Ears measurement and seems about what I hear.
Some actually do call these headphones neutral and accurate.post #935 of 93712/23/13 at 10:24ampost #936 of 93712/23/13 at 1:25pm
Can you use these curves:
http://jiiteepee.tripod.com/peqgui-10mc.html (read the documentation)
It's not perfect way but ...post #937 of 93712/23/13 at 8:50pmThread StarterQuote:
Do you mean you want an impulse response file?
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sennheiser PXC 550 Discussion and Reviews 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 43 seconds ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 49 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › I am new here pls help!! 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear