- 9,507 Posts. Joined 10/2001
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 9:35 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Headphone CSD waterfall plots - Page 53post #781 of 9379/2/12 at 3:26amI read somewhere (damned if I know where) that balanced armature drivers in general have more distortion than dynamic drivers, anyone care to comment / validate / point out the source of this claim?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #782 of 9379/2/12 at 4:00amQuote:
it's pretty hard to verify this claim, since the BAs operate at much lower voltage compared to dynamic, so if you are feeding the 2 at the same voltage, it's likely that the BA has more distortion.post #783 of 9379/2/12 at 4:21ampost #784 of 9379/2/12 at 9:04am
ah yeah there's also that as well. I completely forgot there was volume matching :P
as far as I know there hasn't been anyone measuring distortion of BAs as a single unit, even those guys from Knowles never tried that either.
I might give it a try if I can get my hands on some good dynamic iems.post #785 of 9379/7/12 at 1:17ampost #786 of 9379/9/12 at 7:29pmpost #787 of 9379/10/12 at 7:20pmpost #788 of 9379/11/12 at 3:45amQuote:
I don't see any limits on FFT size.
There is excess phase prefiltering / decomposition into excess and min. phase.
There's pre-echo and ringing truncation.. and much more.
;-)post #789 of 9379/11/12 at 2:27pm
Granted, haven't looked at it in a long time. At least then it was a lot harder to use and you can spend a lot of time getting Acourate tweaked to the way you like it.
Dennis posts to the Acourate forum sometimes.
- Another evil pagan...post #790 of 9379/24/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
The ridges on the Sextett look quite similar to those on the K 241 (late '70s) and K 250 (early '80s).
The K 240 DF got rid of the ridges, mostly:
As a curiosity, the AKG 'mid-Beats' K 160:
Some number of bugs are expected in the output of the plotting software.
Edited by vid - 9/24/12 at 6:21pmpost #791 of 9379/24/12 at 7:26pmpost #792 of 9379/25/12 at 4:56ampost #793 of 9379/27/12 at 5:20pm
All graphs aligned at 984 Hz. Ridges past 2 ms and 984 Hz are annotated.
AKG K 340 Electrostatic-Dynamic:
Somewhat similar to what purrin measured for the K 340. I thought the treble was ok (with velour pads) and the soundstage was nicely 3d. A lush but kinda strange sound - not bad for the right listener.
AKG K 260:
This was the Philips-rebadged model, SBC 3178. Terrible tonality, but the driver seemed capable.
Beyer DT 990 (vintage, 1980s):
A good-sounding driver; nice detail and a great treble.
Beyer DT 990 (vintage + modern velour pads):
This is why I couldn't stand the modern Beyer velours on the vintage 990. A horrible, piercing treble - nothing like it should be.
Edited by vid - 9/27/12 at 5:24pmpost #794 of 9379/27/12 at 9:31pmThread Starterpost #795 of 9379/27/12 at 10:13pm
I seriously don't get these newer velour pads. I have found ZERO use for them. Ended up fixing a HFI580 by replacing some Beyer velours that they never came w/ from the factory. Maybe the TMAIAIAIA is a good velour candidate?
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 12 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 17 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Experience with Topping VX3 + Topping D30 DSD ? 3 minutes ago
- › The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 9 minutes ago
- › Official X1 2nd gen stable firmware discussion thread--FW1.6.0 9 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear