- 8,947 Posts. Joined 10/2001
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Wireless headphones…bluetooth even…last time I tried anything wireless was my cordless phone and before that was probably back in the “70’s” with an "all in one headphone with FM/AM radio", anyway...
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
Headphone CSD waterfall plots - Page 53post #781 of 9379/2/12 at 3:26amI read somewhere (damned if I know where) that balanced armature drivers in general have more distortion than dynamic drivers, anyone care to comment / validate / point out the source of this claim?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #782 of 9379/2/12 at 4:00amQuote:
it's pretty hard to verify this claim, since the BAs operate at much lower voltage compared to dynamic, so if you are feeding the 2 at the same voltage, it's likely that the BA has more distortion.post #783 of 9379/2/12 at 4:21ampost #784 of 9379/2/12 at 9:04am
ah yeah there's also that as well. I completely forgot there was volume matching :P
as far as I know there hasn't been anyone measuring distortion of BAs as a single unit, even those guys from Knowles never tried that either.
I might give it a try if I can get my hands on some good dynamic iems.post #785 of 9379/7/12 at 1:17ampost #786 of 9379/9/12 at 7:29pmpost #787 of 9379/10/12 at 7:20pmpost #788 of 9379/11/12 at 3:45amQuote:
I don't see any limits on FFT size.
There is excess phase prefiltering / decomposition into excess and min. phase.
There's pre-echo and ringing truncation.. and much more.
;-)post #789 of 9379/11/12 at 2:27pm
Granted, haven't looked at it in a long time. At least then it was a lot harder to use and you can spend a lot of time getting Acourate tweaked to the way you like it.
Dennis posts to the Acourate forum sometimes.
- Another evil pagan...post #790 of 9379/24/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
The ridges on the Sextett look quite similar to those on the K 241 (late '70s) and K 250 (early '80s).
The K 240 DF got rid of the ridges, mostly:
As a curiosity, the AKG 'mid-Beats' K 160:
Some number of bugs are expected in the output of the plotting software.
Edited by vid - 9/24/12 at 6:21pmpost #791 of 9379/24/12 at 7:26pmpost #792 of 9379/25/12 at 4:56ampost #793 of 9379/27/12 at 5:20pm
All graphs aligned at 984 Hz. Ridges past 2 ms and 984 Hz are annotated.
AKG K 340 Electrostatic-Dynamic:
Somewhat similar to what purrin measured for the K 340. I thought the treble was ok (with velour pads) and the soundstage was nicely 3d. A lush but kinda strange sound - not bad for the right listener.
AKG K 260:
This was the Philips-rebadged model, SBC 3178. Terrible tonality, but the driver seemed capable.
Beyer DT 990 (vintage, 1980s):
A good-sounding driver; nice detail and a great treble.
Beyer DT 990 (vintage + modern velour pads):
This is why I couldn't stand the modern Beyer velours on the vintage 990. A horrible, piercing treble - nothing like it should be.
Edited by vid - 9/27/12 at 5:24pmpost #794 of 9379/27/12 at 9:31pmThread Starterpost #795 of 9379/27/12 at 10:13pm
I seriously don't get these newer velour pads. I have found ZERO use for them. Ended up fixing a HFI580 by replacing some Beyer velours that they never came w/ from the factory. Maybe the TMAIAIAIA is a good velour candidate?
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Computer volume variation vs. DAC volume variation 16 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Jaybird Freedom 1 minute ago
- › Supreme Sound Lycan Headphone Amp Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio cables - new thread for discussion, reviews, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio dk1 dock and x7 7 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 9 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...