The FR and decay patterns look so similar, it makes me think they just took a DT990 driver and thew a bigger magnet on the back. And the driver can't handle the increase in Tesla whatever the **** so it's breaking up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
It's Zmall, it's Zpacious, it's ZuperDAC, from Zorloo - The Review Website: zorloo.com Product details and Specs: LINK MSRP: $74 To read more about the original project, you may...
DUNU TITAN 3 Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807020/dunu-titan-3-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU’s Middle...
Headphone CSD waterfall plots - Page 44post #646 of 9375/12/12 at 10:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 9375/12/12 at 10:45pmQuote:
Don't forget the untreated housings. Gotta keep the costs down on those $1,000 dollar headphones you know.post #648 of 9375/12/12 at 10:55pm
Yeah that's a good point, especially considering the incredible cost of rare, exotic materials like wool, fiberglass and foam.
They'd have to raise the price to 1000 dollars and 4 cents, and you know the market wouldn't bare it.
Edited by rhythmdevils - 5/12/12 at 10:57pmpost #649 of 9375/12/12 at 10:58pmpost #650 of 9375/12/12 at 11:09pm
yeppers. closed back =/= more resonances. The T50rp (with a well designed cup ie modded) is one of the cleanest headphones ever, and it's got the ortho backwave to deal with which I think must be more challenging than designing an acoustically ideal cup for an electrodynamic. In other words, orthos are more sensitive to what is behind them than electrodynamics.
Edited by rhythmdevils - 5/12/12 at 11:10pmpost #651 of 9375/12/12 at 11:16pmpost #652 of 9375/13/12 at 2:54amQuote:The particular highlight of Tesla technology is the design as a full metal system. It prevents any uncontrolled resonation by parts of the casing leading to distortion of the sound. Apart from that, the metal shields the construction from electrical disturbance fields. In a Tesla headphone, the only thing that causes the membrane to emit sound is the musical signal itself.post #653 of 9375/13/12 at 9:32ampost #654 of 9375/28/12 at 10:42amThread Starter
AudioCats was generous enough to send me his HE Audio Jades for measurement, so I figure I would post CSD plots. Per my usual practice, I will begin with subjective impressions (on my own rig).BTW, just in case you didn't know, these are electrostatic headphones.I've heard these before at an earlier meet and liked them somewhat. These remind me of the HD800s, especially in the treble. The HD800s have always been hard to describe for me. HD800s have kind of have a split personality. Sometimes the HD800s can sound lush or laid back, but other times they can sound brittle and bright. The bass on the HE Audio Jades extends down slightly lower than the HD800s. Impact wise, the Jades hit as hard HD800s properly powered. By no means is the Jade bass lite, unless you are a basshead.The HE Audio Jades have less of the HD800's split personality. The Jades are more consistent sounding across different recordings. The FR sounds flatter, but with the same upward tip and brittle hardness of the HD800 (can you say 6k peak?) Like the HD800s, they have a bit of energy from 6k onward. Although it doesn't sound like there any serious ringing issues, it does seem hot around 8k, or 7k or 9k? Maybe some mods can correct this? I have some ideas already and will experiment (will discussed be in an upcoming post.)BTW, these headphones look extremely DIY. And we are not talking about good quality DIY, but more like "I sorta don't give a crap because I'm not an anally retentive person and probably shouldn't be doing DIY in the first place."Finally, the Jades do extract low level information extremely well. Better than the 007mk2.5 I have on hand. YMMV.These are CSD graphs. Please note ranges.
CSDs show some moderately broad ridge structure between 5 and 9kHz. Somewhat similar to the HD800 CSD. Maybe that's why these remind me of the HD800s so much. It turns out that those notches are really small resonances in disguise. It's definitely hot around 12-13k too, which contributes to the treble graininess - again similar to the HD800.
I like what the Jades do, but I have am having a hard time with the brightness in the lower treble. To be continued...
Edited by purrin - 5/28/12 at 10:44ampost #656 of 9376/2/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
They both look painful to me.post #657 of 9376/2/12 at 7:54pmpost #659 of 9376/2/12 at 9:06pmpost #660 of 9376/2/12 at 9:21pmQuote:
It's hard for me to say without actually hearing the FX500, but there should be some improvement in the FX700. The mids in the 700s were brought up better but were still problematic and slightly recessed sounding in relation to the bass/mids. Plus vocals were off. But yeah, they pretty much share near identical tonality; I bet the 700 is a more refined 500, and thus more similar than different.
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 8 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Amps (full-size) for Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 Ohm 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Sennheiser HD800 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse