The FR and decay patterns look so similar, it makes me think they just took a DT990 driver and thew a bigger magnet on the back. And the driver can't handle the increase in Tesla whatever the **** so it's breaking up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 3/24/17 at 5:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
Headphone CSD waterfall plots - Page 44post #646 of 9375/12/12 at 10:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 9375/12/12 at 10:45pmQuote:
Don't forget the untreated housings. Gotta keep the costs down on those $1,000 dollar headphones you know.post #648 of 9375/12/12 at 10:55pm
Yeah that's a good point, especially considering the incredible cost of rare, exotic materials like wool, fiberglass and foam.
They'd have to raise the price to 1000 dollars and 4 cents, and you know the market wouldn't bare it.
Edited by rhythmdevils - 5/12/12 at 10:57pmpost #649 of 9375/12/12 at 10:58pmpost #650 of 9375/12/12 at 11:09pm
yeppers. closed back =/= more resonances. The T50rp (with a well designed cup ie modded) is one of the cleanest headphones ever, and it's got the ortho backwave to deal with which I think must be more challenging than designing an acoustically ideal cup for an electrodynamic. In other words, orthos are more sensitive to what is behind them than electrodynamics.
Edited by rhythmdevils - 5/12/12 at 11:10pmpost #651 of 9375/12/12 at 11:16pmpost #652 of 9375/13/12 at 2:54amQuote:The particular highlight of Tesla technology is the design as a full metal system. It prevents any uncontrolled resonation by parts of the casing leading to distortion of the sound. Apart from that, the metal shields the construction from electrical disturbance fields. In a Tesla headphone, the only thing that causes the membrane to emit sound is the musical signal itself.post #653 of 9375/13/12 at 9:32ampost #654 of 9375/28/12 at 10:42amThread Starter
AudioCats was generous enough to send me his HE Audio Jades for measurement, so I figure I would post CSD plots. Per my usual practice, I will begin with subjective impressions (on my own rig).BTW, just in case you didn't know, these are electrostatic headphones.I've heard these before at an earlier meet and liked them somewhat. These remind me of the HD800s, especially in the treble. The HD800s have always been hard to describe for me. HD800s have kind of have a split personality. Sometimes the HD800s can sound lush or laid back, but other times they can sound brittle and bright. The bass on the HE Audio Jades extends down slightly lower than the HD800s. Impact wise, the Jades hit as hard HD800s properly powered. By no means is the Jade bass lite, unless you are a basshead.The HE Audio Jades have less of the HD800's split personality. The Jades are more consistent sounding across different recordings. The FR sounds flatter, but with the same upward tip and brittle hardness of the HD800 (can you say 6k peak?) Like the HD800s, they have a bit of energy from 6k onward. Although it doesn't sound like there any serious ringing issues, it does seem hot around 8k, or 7k or 9k? Maybe some mods can correct this? I have some ideas already and will experiment (will discussed be in an upcoming post.)BTW, these headphones look extremely DIY. And we are not talking about good quality DIY, but more like "I sorta don't give a crap because I'm not an anally retentive person and probably shouldn't be doing DIY in the first place."Finally, the Jades do extract low level information extremely well. Better than the 007mk2.5 I have on hand. YMMV.These are CSD graphs. Please note ranges.
CSDs show some moderately broad ridge structure between 5 and 9kHz. Somewhat similar to the HD800 CSD. Maybe that's why these remind me of the HD800s so much. It turns out that those notches are really small resonances in disguise. It's definitely hot around 12-13k too, which contributes to the treble graininess - again similar to the HD800.
I like what the Jades do, but I have am having a hard time with the brightness in the lower treble. To be continued...
Edited by purrin - 5/28/12 at 10:44ampost #656 of 9376/2/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
They both look painful to me.post #657 of 9376/2/12 at 7:54pmpost #659 of 9376/2/12 at 9:06pmpost #660 of 9376/2/12 at 9:21pmQuote:
It's hard for me to say without actually hearing the FX500, but there should be some improvement in the FX700. The mids in the 700s were brought up better but were still problematic and slightly recessed sounding in relation to the bass/mids. Plus vocals were off. But yeah, they pretty much share near identical tonality; I bet the 700 is a more refined 500, and thus more similar than different.
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 31 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 34 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 5 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 5 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Woo WA8 or WA6/se 7 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear