The FR and decay patterns look so similar, it makes me think they just took a DT990 driver and thew a bigger magnet on the back. And the driver can't handle the increase in Tesla whatever the **** so it's breaking up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Yesterday at 7:31 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
First thing you're going to notice with these cans is, of course, the bass. When properly amp'd, these things almost pop off your head. I haven't heard the JVC sz2000 or the Sony XB1000, but these...
Axgio Sprint Bluetooth Headset Disclaimer: The Axgio Sprint headset reviewed here was supplied free of charge I’ve never heard of Axgio, much less their Sprint Bluetooth headset. A quick...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz S3. The Brainwavz S3 is available from...
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
Headphone CSD waterfall plots - Page 44post #646 of 9375/12/12 at 10:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 9375/12/12 at 10:45pmQuote:
Don't forget the untreated housings. Gotta keep the costs down on those $1,000 dollar headphones you know.post #648 of 9375/12/12 at 10:55pm
Yeah that's a good point, especially considering the incredible cost of rare, exotic materials like wool, fiberglass and foam.
They'd have to raise the price to 1000 dollars and 4 cents, and you know the market wouldn't bare it.
Edited by rhythmdevils - 5/12/12 at 10:57pmpost #649 of 9375/12/12 at 10:58pmpost #650 of 9375/12/12 at 11:09pm
yeppers. closed back =/= more resonances. The T50rp (with a well designed cup ie modded) is one of the cleanest headphones ever, and it's got the ortho backwave to deal with which I think must be more challenging than designing an acoustically ideal cup for an electrodynamic. In other words, orthos are more sensitive to what is behind them than electrodynamics.
Edited by rhythmdevils - 5/12/12 at 11:10pmpost #651 of 9375/12/12 at 11:16pmpost #652 of 9375/13/12 at 2:54amQuote:The particular highlight of Tesla technology is the design as a full metal system. It prevents any uncontrolled resonation by parts of the casing leading to distortion of the sound. Apart from that, the metal shields the construction from electrical disturbance fields. In a Tesla headphone, the only thing that causes the membrane to emit sound is the musical signal itself.post #653 of 9375/13/12 at 9:32ampost #654 of 9375/28/12 at 10:42amThread Starter
AudioCats was generous enough to send me his HE Audio Jades for measurement, so I figure I would post CSD plots. Per my usual practice, I will begin with subjective impressions (on my own rig).BTW, just in case you didn't know, these are electrostatic headphones.I've heard these before at an earlier meet and liked them somewhat. These remind me of the HD800s, especially in the treble. The HD800s have always been hard to describe for me. HD800s have kind of have a split personality. Sometimes the HD800s can sound lush or laid back, but other times they can sound brittle and bright. The bass on the HE Audio Jades extends down slightly lower than the HD800s. Impact wise, the Jades hit as hard HD800s properly powered. By no means is the Jade bass lite, unless you are a basshead.The HE Audio Jades have less of the HD800's split personality. The Jades are more consistent sounding across different recordings. The FR sounds flatter, but with the same upward tip and brittle hardness of the HD800 (can you say 6k peak?) Like the HD800s, they have a bit of energy from 6k onward. Although it doesn't sound like there any serious ringing issues, it does seem hot around 8k, or 7k or 9k? Maybe some mods can correct this? I have some ideas already and will experiment (will discussed be in an upcoming post.)BTW, these headphones look extremely DIY. And we are not talking about good quality DIY, but more like "I sorta don't give a crap because I'm not an anally retentive person and probably shouldn't be doing DIY in the first place."Finally, the Jades do extract low level information extremely well. Better than the 007mk2.5 I have on hand. YMMV.These are CSD graphs. Please note ranges.
CSDs show some moderately broad ridge structure between 5 and 9kHz. Somewhat similar to the HD800 CSD. Maybe that's why these remind me of the HD800s so much. It turns out that those notches are really small resonances in disguise. It's definitely hot around 12-13k too, which contributes to the treble graininess - again similar to the HD800.
I like what the Jades do, but I have am having a hard time with the brightness in the lower treble. To be continued...
Edited by purrin - 5/28/12 at 10:44ampost #656 of 9376/2/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
They both look painful to me.post #657 of 9376/2/12 at 7:54pmpost #659 of 9376/2/12 at 9:06pmpost #660 of 9376/2/12 at 9:21pmQuote:
It's hard for me to say without actually hearing the FX500, but there should be some improvement in the FX700. The mids in the 700s were brought up better but were still problematic and slightly recessed sounding in relation to the bass/mids. Plus vocals were off. But yeah, they pretty much share near identical tonality; I bet the 700 is a more refined 500, and thus more similar than different.
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Headphone case sources? (Looking for a nice case) 50 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of AKG K712 pros,... 3 minutes ago
- › New ALO Rx - IEM only - Portable Amplifier Impressions and... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell and kern ak jr with official tan case - sale or p/ex with... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Multibit 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Tyler Nicolo
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by shotgunshane
- › Brainwavz S3 by peter123
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2