Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread - Page 45

post #661 of 3535

DockEllis - Please rockbox it now and it only takes a couple of minutes. Can't wait to hear the good news. :)

post #662 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeStRuCtEd View Post

The iFlash adapter can also be purchased in the US and Canada from iDemiGods. http://www.idemigods.com/iFlash_Video_iPod_Compact_Flash_Adapter_p/iflsh_v2.0.htm

 

Interesting...it was cheaper getting it directly from Tarkan.

post #663 of 3535

 

Do you do your own soldering? If so...how much would you charge to do the DIYmod? My soldering skills aren't up for it...lol

post #664 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

DockEllis - Please rockbox it now and it only takes a couple of minutes. Can't wait to hear the good news. :)

 

I'll get on it, I hit a small snafu this afternoon when the SSD dislodged.  It was only sort of tacked down with hot glue, so I'll need to find a more secure mounting solution before I give RockBox a try.

post #665 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalkon View Post

 

Do you do your own soldering? If so...how much would you charge to do the DIYmod? My soldering skills aren't up for it...lol

He is a diy guru! I don't think there is anything he can't diy.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockEllis View Post

 

I'll get on it, I hit a small snafu this afternoon when the SSD dislodged.  It was only sort of tacked down with hot glue, so I'll need to find a more secure mounting solution before I give RockBox a try.

Is this because with the new back plate it's too loose inside? How about putting a piece of form to secure it?

post #666 of 3535

@ Icefalcon:

Not sure about the Guru bit LOL, but yes I've done the Direct-out DiyMod for quite a few guys.

Nuff to say I'm not free but much cheaper than RWA... ;-)

post #667 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_eye_dear View Post

@ Icefalcon:

Not sure about the Guru bit LOL, but yes I've done the Direct-out DiyMod for quite a few guys.

Nuff to say I'm not free but much cheaper than RWA... ;-)


Well then....PM on the way! LOL

post #668 of 3535
I don't know id this ssd has been mentioned before and whether it would work with a 5.5g or 7g iPod. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0038242J2 and would you suggest i put it into the 5.5g or 7g? Thanks In advance.
post #669 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongyi View Post

I don't know id this ssd has been mentioned before and whether it would work with a 5.5g or 7g iPod. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0038242J2 and would you suggest i put it into the 5.5g or 7g? Thanks In advance.

Not sure about that one. But for the same price, this 120GB ZIF SSD is proven working on the iPod 5.5g's.

post #670 of 3535

I recently was given an ipod with one of these in to mod.... don't get it!!!!

It works fine IF you can twist and crease the ribbon cable enough to get it to fit.

iPod ribbons are slightly off-centre and this drives is central.... nightmare!!!

It kept forcing it's way out even after you closed the case.

post #671 of 3535

No_eye...did you get my PM? The page froze up when I sent it...

post #672 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_eye_dear View Post

I recently was given an ipod with one of these in to mod.... don't get it!!!!

It works fine IF you can twist and crease the ribbon cable enough to get it to fit.

iPod ribbons are slightly off-centre and this drives is central.... nightmare!!!

It kept forcing it's way out even after you closed the case.

 

Do you mean the MX-Technology 120GB 1.8" PATA MX-NANO Series ZIF SSD?

post #673 of 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

Not sure about that one. But for the same price, this 120GB ZIF SSD is proven working on the iPod 5.5g's.
Guess I have to keep my fingers crossed as I purchased it already after reading 1 of the reviews on amazon that said it was working. Will post back with results as soon as I try it. Thanks though.
post #674 of 3535

So...could this unit work on slim 160Gb Classic (MC297LL)?

 

http://www.amazon.de/Mach-Xtreme-Technology-Nano-Series/dp/B004D3TFCE/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1355400860&sr=1-2

 

Very tempted to give it a try even at the steep asking price...

post #675 of 3535

Well I don't read or speak German...what's the voltage?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread