Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread - Page 127

post #1891 of 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabotc95 View Post
 

Which one would this be?  I looked in previous pages, but didn't find any links.

 

See this post.

post #1892 of 3504

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shopping-Wellcore-high-quality-CF-card-128MB-256GB-micro-sd-card-MLC-compact-flash-1100x/1474667224.html

 

 

Dminor might also like to know that apparantly Tarkan's been looking into the possibility of a dual slot adapter as well.  Just think, 512 gig ipod (for a price).  No firm news yet though.

post #1893 of 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post
 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shopping-Wellcore-high-quality-CF-card-128MB-256GB-micro-sd-card-MLC-compact-flash-1100x/1474667224.html

 

 

Dminor might also like to know that apparantly Tarkan's been looking into the possibility of a dual slot adapter as well.  Just think, 512 gig ipod (for a price).  No firm news yet though.


I like the idea but not sure if it will fit two CF cards in one ipod, not mentioning concern on the performance (power, lag, etc).

 

If it proves to be doable, that'll be awesome.

post #1894 of 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

See this post.

Thanks.  So you successfully installed which CF card?  The Lexar is much cheaper.

post #1895 of 3504

At CES, Lexar just announced a 512GB CF card and a drop in the 256GB CF card price.  Still pretty pricey:

 

512GB CF:  $1500 list

256GB CF:  $970 (fastest), $650 (not as fast) 

 

http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2014/01/ces-2014-lexar-800x-512gb-cf-card-75mbs-speeds

post #1896 of 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabotc95 View Post
 

Thanks.  So you successfully installed which CF card?  The Lexar is much cheaper.

 

Mine is the Wellcore CF.  Lexar much cheaper? Don't think so. My total cost is usd300.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman7 View Post
 

At CES, Lexar just announced a 512GB CF card and a drop in the 256GB CF card price.  Still pretty pricey:

 

512GB CF:  $1500 list

256GB CF:  $970 (fastest), $650 (not as fast) 

 

http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2014/01/ces-2014-lexar-800x-512gb-cf-card-75mbs-speeds

 

Holy 512GB CF.

post #1897 of 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

Mine is the Wellcore CF.  Lexar much cheaper? Don't think so. My total cost is usd300.

 

 

Holy 512GB CF.


Heh, just think if Tarkan does get the duo adapter working :)  Mind you not so sure the ipod could read that much to start with :)

post #1898 of 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

Mine is the Wellcore CF.  Lexar much cheaper? Don't think so. My total cost is usd300.

 

 

It's listed at $450.  So I guess I'll have to stick with the old style 240gb spinning PATA drive if I want a reasonably affordable option.  The only downside to these is the lag, correct?

post #1899 of 3504
Can somebody please tell me is the iPod mini works with 256gb sd to cf adaptor?
What is better to have sd to cf adaptor or CD for better sound and longer battery life.
Please explain the difference between the two.
Thank you.
post #1900 of 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabotc95 View Post
 

 

It's listed at $450.  So I guess I'll have to stick with the old style 240gb spinning PATA drive if I want a reasonably affordable option.  The only downside to these is the lag, correct?

 

To me lag is not an major issue with the HDD's. It consumes more power and drains battery faster. CF sounds better than the hdd's too to my ears. At $185 (the going price from eBay sellers), I don't see the 240GB HDD a good deal at all.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Can somebody please tell me is the iPod mini works with 256gb sd to cf adaptor?
What is better to have sd to cf adaptor or CD for better sound and longer battery life.
Please explain the difference between the two.
Thank you.

 

No experience with the mini so can't comment on that.

 

The main difference between the CF and SDXC ...

1. CF is more sturdy and durable

2. CF has more bandwidth (more pins) thus faster in write/read. More secure too.

3. CF is probably more power efficient due to more bandwidth and one less adapter (no sd-cf) used

4. CF sounds better to my ears

post #1901 of 3504

Can the iPod Video 5.5G 80gb use parts from a 30gb iPod Video 5G? Meaning using the 30gb hard drive, 30gb back plate, 30gb battery, 30gb audio jack and hold switch? Have some parts from a 30gb and wondering if they can be switched as the 80gb is for parts.

post #1902 of 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYabbz View Post
 

Can the iPod Video 5.5G 80gb use parts from a 30gb iPod Video 5G? Meaning using the 30gb hard drive, 30gb back plate, 30gb battery, 30gb audio jack and hold switch? Have some parts from a 30gb and wondering if they can be switched as the 80gb is for parts.

That would be a yes, yes and yes. You can use all those parts with no problems.

post #1903 of 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Can somebody please tell me is the iPod mini works with 256gb sd to cf adaptor?

What is better to have sd to cf adaptor or CD for better sound and longer battery life.

Please explain the difference between the two.

Thank you.

 



Also as far as I know there's no guarantee that the mini will see the 256 (though people have said 128 works so there should be no reason not to try) as most sane people stick with 128 smily_headphones1.gif
post #1904 of 3504
post #1905 of 3504

What does it mean by "MicroSDXC: by firmewareupdate(64GB)"?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread