- 154 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 601 Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- brandFostextagged by System, 8/15/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11More
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 8/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Searching for a narrow soundstage Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- After D7000, After He5LE, Where to next? Last post on 4/20/12 at 10:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Headphone to complement and be a companion to my Grado RS1 Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
whats your favorite headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Koss Pro-4AA. Very smooth sound with plenty of detail. Never knew how machine like the almost classical sounding music of FALLOUT 3 in the capitol wasteland area could sound. First headphones i ever used since i was little child. They are so tough and durable my entire family shared just one for a decade and a half til it finally became mine permenantly in the mid 1980s. Eventually it broke around 1997 when i was really getting into listening to it with the horrifying fps shooter QUAKE. Just got myself a new one this year and its good times all over again.
Second place would be my Audio Technica Ath-AD700 which are great for hearing the details in music and games while having normal bass for someone who has used headphones on and off since being a wee little toddler in the 1970s.
I think my new favorite that's not portable is the AKG K501. I like it more than the K702 and my K601. I expected the K501 to sound like my K601, but boy was I ever wrong!
This K501 with my amp has very very good amp. Not sure why it seems to have more and better bass than my K601 and old K702. Strange. Maybe it's some magical amp synergy. Who knows.
- whats your favorite headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 39 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Windows 10 Schiit MODI Drivers? 9 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 10 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 11 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 12 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2