- 154 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 601 Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- brandFostextagged by System, 8/15/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11More
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 8/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Searching for a narrow soundstage Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- After D7000, After He5LE, Where to next? Last post on 4/20/12 at 10:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Headphone to complement and be a companion to my Grado RS1 Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
whats your favorite headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 308/11/11 at 11:28pmThread Starterwow im very surprised how many responses i just joined recently so i thot no one would reply
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 308/11/11 at 11:37pmpost #18 of 308/11/11 at 11:55pmpost #19 of 308/13/11 at 11:26ampost #20 of 308/13/11 at 11:33ampost #21 of 308/13/11 at 11:41am
Koss Pro-4AA. Very smooth sound with plenty of detail. Never knew how machine like the almost classical sounding music of FALLOUT 3 in the capitol wasteland area could sound. First headphones i ever used since i was little child. They are so tough and durable my entire family shared just one for a decade and a half til it finally became mine permenantly in the mid 1980s. Eventually it broke around 1997 when i was really getting into listening to it with the horrifying fps shooter QUAKE. Just got myself a new one this year and its good times all over again.
Second place would be my Audio Technica Ath-AD700 which are great for hearing the details in music and games while having normal bass for someone who has used headphones on and off since being a wee little toddler in the 1970s.post #22 of 308/13/11 at 11:43ampost #23 of 308/13/11 at 11:58ampost #24 of 308/13/11 at 12:03pmpost #25 of 308/13/11 at 12:03pmpost #26 of 308/13/11 at 12:27pmpost #27 of 308/19/11 at 4:51pmpost #28 of 308/19/11 at 5:01pmpost #29 of 308/19/11 at 6:20pmpost #30 of 308/19/11 at 7:41pm
I think my new favorite that's not portable is the AKG K501. I like it more than the K702 and my K601. I expected the K501 to sound like my K601, but boy was I ever wrong!
This K501 with my amp has very very good amp. Not sure why it seems to have more and better bass than my K601 and old K702. Strange. Maybe it's some magical amp synergy. Who knows.
- whats your favorite headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Where do I go from the M100s? 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Sleek Audio SA7 Appreciation, Impressions, and Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › broken grado sr325is 2 minutes ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 111 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Creative Aurvana Live!... 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 4 minutes ago
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude