- 154 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 601 Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- brandFostextagged by System, 8/15/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11More
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 8/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Searching for a narrow soundstage Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- After D7000, After He5LE, Where to next? Last post on 4/20/12 at 10:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Headphone to complement and be a companion to my Grado RS1 Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
whats your favorite headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Koss Pro-4AA. Very smooth sound with plenty of detail. Never knew how machine like the almost classical sounding music of FALLOUT 3 in the capitol wasteland area could sound. First headphones i ever used since i was little child. They are so tough and durable my entire family shared just one for a decade and a half til it finally became mine permenantly in the mid 1980s. Eventually it broke around 1997 when i was really getting into listening to it with the horrifying fps shooter QUAKE. Just got myself a new one this year and its good times all over again.
Second place would be my Audio Technica Ath-AD700 which are great for hearing the details in music and games while having normal bass for someone who has used headphones on and off since being a wee little toddler in the 1970s.
I think my new favorite that's not portable is the AKG K501. I like it more than the K702 and my K601. I expected the K501 to sound like my K601, but boy was I ever wrong!
This K501 with my amp has very very good amp. Not sure why it seems to have more and better bass than my K601 and old K702. Strange. Maybe it's some magical amp synergy. Who knows.
- whats your favorite headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 2 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 39 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Power cable testing 4 minutes ago
- › High resolution music vs mp3. 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)