- 154 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 601 Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/22/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- brandFostextagged by System, 8/15/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11More
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 8/15/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 8/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Searching for a narrow soundstage Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- After D7000, After He5LE, Where to next? Last post on 4/20/12 at 10:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Headphone to complement and be a companion to my Grado RS1 Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
whats your favorite headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Koss Pro-4AA. Very smooth sound with plenty of detail. Never knew how machine like the almost classical sounding music of FALLOUT 3 in the capitol wasteland area could sound. First headphones i ever used since i was little child. They are so tough and durable my entire family shared just one for a decade and a half til it finally became mine permenantly in the mid 1980s. Eventually it broke around 1997 when i was really getting into listening to it with the horrifying fps shooter QUAKE. Just got myself a new one this year and its good times all over again.
Second place would be my Audio Technica Ath-AD700 which are great for hearing the details in music and games while having normal bass for someone who has used headphones on and off since being a wee little toddler in the 1970s.
I think my new favorite that's not portable is the AKG K501. I like it more than the K702 and my K601. I expected the K501 to sound like my K601, but boy was I ever wrong!
This K501 with my amp has very very good amp. Not sure why it seems to have more and better bass than my K601 and old K702. Strange. Maybe it's some magical amp synergy. Who knows.
- whats your favorite headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 3 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 29 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Calyx PaT 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 (Rev 2) vs Denon D7000 Shootout 3 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › How to Compare Headphones - Factoring out loudness 4 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)