What do you guys think of JVC Marshmallow compared to Soundmagic P11. I am on a very tight budget so this is all i can get now and my stock ear phones are gone.
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC HAFX34V Marshmallow Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC HAFX67A Air Cushion In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC Marshmallow Earbuds - Blue (HAFX34A)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSoundmagic PL11tagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good IEMs under $30? Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for work out... sub-$50 Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best I.E.Ms for working out? Last post on 8/11/11 at 9:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Low-end IEMs under $30 for Electronica and Trance music! Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need buying some advice for IEM beginner Last post on 4/19/11 at 12:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JVC Marshmallow Opinion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to own the marshmallows a long time ago so going by memory they were pretty good for their price at the time. I haven't heard the soundmagics so I can't comment on those.
I haven't heard the following in ears personally but they seem to have gotten a lot of good reviews on this forum so you might want to look into them:
JVC FX67 ($18 on amazon.com) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553590/fx67-review-a-hidden-gem
Meelec M6 (if you can wait it out they come on sale here and there for under $15) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453242/meelectronics-m6-review
Also check out |joker|'s thread which is tremendously helpful: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-188-iems-compared-dunu-dn-12-trident-dn-16-hephaes-added-8-10
I just bought a pair of FX67s and they are shockingly good - I like them more than my Ety HF5s.
Re. joker's thread, I appreciate the absoluetly epic effort, but in my limited experience it can be misleading. I'm not the only person to think the HF5s and FX67s are much closer in sound quality than he rates them, and as for claim that the HF5's microphonics are low - well, either the custom fitted tips he was using made such a large difference that his review has nothing to with a stock HF5, or comparing even the simplest detail of IEMs is so subjective that reviews are worthless, or a LOT of people are wrong!
I can't comment on the Soundmagics, because I haven't tried them, but the 67s are a very safe bet.
Edited by scuttle - 8/11/11 at 5:43am
- JVC Marshmallow Opinion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CanOpener? 17 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 56 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 1 minute ago
- › Best portable amplifier for use with iPhone/iPod and Macbook laptop? 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brand new Fiio E12 - Battery not lasting more than 3 hours max... 3 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)