What do you guys think of JVC Marshmallow compared to Soundmagic P11. I am on a very tight budget so this is all i can get now and my stock ear phones are gone.
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC HAFX34V Marshmallow Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC HAFX67A Air Cushion In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC Marshmallow Earbuds - Blue (HAFX34A)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSoundmagic PL11tagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good IEMs under $30? Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for work out... sub-$50 Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best I.E.Ms for working out? Last post on 8/11/11 at 9:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Low-end IEMs under $30 for Electronica and Trance music! Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need buying some advice for IEM beginner Last post on 4/19/11 at 12:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JVC Marshmallow Opinion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to own the marshmallows a long time ago so going by memory they were pretty good for their price at the time. I haven't heard the soundmagics so I can't comment on those.
I haven't heard the following in ears personally but they seem to have gotten a lot of good reviews on this forum so you might want to look into them:
JVC FX67 ($18 on amazon.com) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553590/fx67-review-a-hidden-gem
Meelec M6 (if you can wait it out they come on sale here and there for under $15) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453242/meelectronics-m6-review
Also check out |joker|'s thread which is tremendously helpful: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-188-iems-compared-dunu-dn-12-trident-dn-16-hephaes-added-8-10
I just bought a pair of FX67s and they are shockingly good - I like them more than my Ety HF5s.
Re. joker's thread, I appreciate the absoluetly epic effort, but in my limited experience it can be misleading. I'm not the only person to think the HF5s and FX67s are much closer in sound quality than he rates them, and as for claim that the HF5's microphonics are low - well, either the custom fitted tips he was using made such a large difference that his review has nothing to with a stock HF5, or comparing even the simplest detail of IEMs is so subjective that reviews are worthless, or a LOT of people are wrong!
I can't comment on the Soundmagics, because I haven't tried them, but the 67s are a very safe bet.
Edited by scuttle - 8/11/11 at 5:43am
- JVC Marshmallow Opinion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › MediaMoney can't recognize the song name from CD 1 minute ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should i upgrade? 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)