What do you guys think of JVC Marshmallow compared to Soundmagic P11. I am on a very tight budget so this is all i can get now and my stock ear phones are gone.
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC HAFX34V Marshmallow Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC HAFX67A Air Cushion In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC Marshmallow Earbuds - Blue (HAFX34A)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSoundmagic PL11tagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good IEMs under $30? Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for work out... sub-$50 Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best I.E.Ms for working out? Last post on 8/11/11 at 9:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Low-end IEMs under $30 for Electronica and Trance music! Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need buying some advice for IEM beginner Last post on 4/19/11 at 12:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JVC Marshmallow Opinion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to own the marshmallows a long time ago so going by memory they were pretty good for their price at the time. I haven't heard the soundmagics so I can't comment on those.
I haven't heard the following in ears personally but they seem to have gotten a lot of good reviews on this forum so you might want to look into them:
JVC FX67 ($18 on amazon.com) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553590/fx67-review-a-hidden-gem
Meelec M6 (if you can wait it out they come on sale here and there for under $15) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453242/meelectronics-m6-review
Also check out |joker|'s thread which is tremendously helpful: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-188-iems-compared-dunu-dn-12-trident-dn-16-hephaes-added-8-10
I just bought a pair of FX67s and they are shockingly good - I like them more than my Ety HF5s.
Re. joker's thread, I appreciate the absoluetly epic effort, but in my limited experience it can be misleading. I'm not the only person to think the HF5s and FX67s are much closer in sound quality than he rates them, and as for claim that the HF5's microphonics are low - well, either the custom fitted tips he was using made such a large difference that his review has nothing to with a stock HF5, or comparing even the simplest detail of IEMs is so subjective that reviews are worthless, or a LOT of people are wrong!
I can't comment on the Soundmagics, because I haven't tried them, but the 67s are a very safe bet.
Edited by scuttle - 8/11/11 at 5:43am
- JVC Marshmallow Opinion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 8 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 10 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 26 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe