What do you guys think of JVC Marshmallow compared to Soundmagic P11. I am on a very tight budget so this is all i can get now and my stock ear phones are gone.
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC HAFX34V Marshmallow Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC HAFX67A Air Cushion In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC Marshmallow Earbuds - Blue (HAFX34A)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSoundmagic PL11tagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good IEMs under $30? Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for work out... sub-$50 Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best I.E.Ms for working out? Last post on 8/11/11 at 9:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Low-end IEMs under $30 for Electronica and Trance music! Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need buying some advice for IEM beginner Last post on 4/19/11 at 12:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JVC Marshmallow Opinion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to own the marshmallows a long time ago so going by memory they were pretty good for their price at the time. I haven't heard the soundmagics so I can't comment on those.
I haven't heard the following in ears personally but they seem to have gotten a lot of good reviews on this forum so you might want to look into them:
JVC FX67 ($18 on amazon.com) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553590/fx67-review-a-hidden-gem
Meelec M6 (if you can wait it out they come on sale here and there for under $15) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453242/meelectronics-m6-review
Also check out |joker|'s thread which is tremendously helpful: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-188-iems-compared-dunu-dn-12-trident-dn-16-hephaes-added-8-10
I just bought a pair of FX67s and they are shockingly good - I like them more than my Ety HF5s.
Re. joker's thread, I appreciate the absoluetly epic effort, but in my limited experience it can be misleading. I'm not the only person to think the HF5s and FX67s are much closer in sound quality than he rates them, and as for claim that the HF5's microphonics are low - well, either the custom fitted tips he was using made such a large difference that his review has nothing to with a stock HF5, or comparing even the simplest detail of IEMs is so subjective that reviews are worthless, or a LOT of people are wrong!
I can't comment on the Soundmagics, because I haven't tried them, but the 67s are a very safe bet.
Edited by scuttle - 8/11/11 at 5:43am
- JVC Marshmallow Opinion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Value Subwoofers: Dayton Audio SUB-1000, Monoprice 12 inch, or ? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation II Review 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › Beats by Dre question, could you like them if.. 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Damping Factor 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)