What do you guys think of JVC Marshmallow compared to Soundmagic P11. I am on a very tight budget so this is all i can get now and my stock ear phones are gone.
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC HAFX34V Marshmallow Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC HAFX67A Air Cushion In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productJVC Marshmallow Earbuds - Blue (HAFX34A)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSoundmagic PL11tagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good IEMs under $30? Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for work out... sub-$50 Last post on 9/7/11 at 10:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best I.E.Ms for working out? Last post on 8/11/11 at 9:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Low-end IEMs under $30 for Electronica and Trance music! Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need buying some advice for IEM beginner Last post on 4/19/11 at 12:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JVC Marshmallow Opinion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to own the marshmallows a long time ago so going by memory they were pretty good for their price at the time. I haven't heard the soundmagics so I can't comment on those.
I haven't heard the following in ears personally but they seem to have gotten a lot of good reviews on this forum so you might want to look into them:
JVC FX67 ($18 on amazon.com) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553590/fx67-review-a-hidden-gem
Meelec M6 (if you can wait it out they come on sale here and there for under $15) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453242/meelectronics-m6-review
Also check out |joker|'s thread which is tremendously helpful: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-188-iems-compared-dunu-dn-12-trident-dn-16-hephaes-added-8-10
I just bought a pair of FX67s and they are shockingly good - I like them more than my Ety HF5s.
Re. joker's thread, I appreciate the absoluetly epic effort, but in my limited experience it can be misleading. I'm not the only person to think the HF5s and FX67s are much closer in sound quality than he rates them, and as for claim that the HF5's microphonics are low - well, either the custom fitted tips he was using made such a large difference that his review has nothing to with a stock HF5, or comparing even the simplest detail of IEMs is so subjective that reviews are worthless, or a LOT of people are wrong!
I can't comment on the Soundmagics, because I haven't tried them, but the 67s are a very safe bet.
Edited by scuttle - 8/11/11 at 5:43am
- JVC Marshmallow Opinion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL... 4 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)