does RE272 has the wow factor of RE262 ,like its liquid mids,unique sound signature,and the musicality.
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- best iem 150 or under Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which universal to get before going the CIEM route. Last post on 9/20/12 at 3:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???post #1 of 288/10/11 at 11:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 288/11/11 at 2:07ampost #3 of 288/11/11 at 3:50amThread Starterpost #4 of 288/11/11 at 4:58am
Enjoyable is quite a very personal thing. Analytical and musical can both be enjoyable to different person. But in between the two, I'll say RE262 is probably more easy going than RE272 regarding sound signature. Personally, I enjoy both.post #5 of 288/11/11 at 5:11amThread Starterpost #6 of 288/11/11 at 5:18ampost #7 of 288/11/11 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #8 of 288/11/11 at 6:04ampost #9 of 288/11/11 at 6:07ampost #10 of 288/11/11 at 8:44amThread Starterpost #11 of 288/11/11 at 9:10am
Even some of the best soundstage I have heard in IEM (HifiMan RE1 with a well matched amp, TF10 and DDM) doesn't actually go out-of-head like a full size cans.post #12 of 288/11/11 at 9:22am
I've auditioned 262 last week.. If compared to other IEM, I can say that the soundstage is huge...
My preference might be differ than yours... and if you can, do a little audition on 262 before you purchase it...post #13 of 288/11/11 at 9:36amThread Starter
@ClieOS does that give a feeling that i am in a concert or make a 3D sound?
@nfinite what will be your preference?? unfortunately i cannot audition before purchasing because i live in india and here even finding top companies IEM is difficult.post #14 of 288/11/11 at 11:41am
RE262 and RE272 have better soundstage than many full sized headphones and most IEMs - it has excellent depth and sense of space. If you want the best sense of air, go with JVC FX700. Shure SE530 also has a very nice soundstage. RE262 and 272 have perfectly good soundstages for IEMs though.
Also, I have to disagree that RE262 has better vocals that RE272. Maybe they are more fun sounding on the RE262, but I find RE272 has more natural vocal reproduction, whereas the RE262 sounded a bit too thick to be realistic.post #15 of 288/11/11 at 6:34pm
Concert? Yes, but it is still a concert in between your ears, not out-of-head.
@Pianist - it is that thickness that gives RE262's vocal an extra layer of texture and intimacy. It is that texture and intimacy that I consider RE262 to have better vocal than RE272. That's is not to say RE262 has more accurate vocal than RE272. But for anyone who are looking for vocal and vocal only, I think RE262 will be much more favorable..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 2 minutes ago
- › Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 headphones for sale or trade 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 4 minutes ago
- › marital discord! need headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 4 minutes ago
- › IC: Montreal, Quebec Meet!!! 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)