does RE272 has the wow factor of RE262 ,like its liquid mids,unique sound signature,and the musicality.
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- best iem 150 or under Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which universal to get before going the CIEM route. Last post on 9/20/12 at 3:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???post #1 of 288/10/11 at 11:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 288/11/11 at 2:07ampost #3 of 288/11/11 at 3:50amThread Starterpost #4 of 288/11/11 at 4:58am
Enjoyable is quite a very personal thing. Analytical and musical can both be enjoyable to different person. But in between the two, I'll say RE262 is probably more easy going than RE272 regarding sound signature. Personally, I enjoy both.post #5 of 288/11/11 at 5:11amThread Starterpost #6 of 288/11/11 at 5:18ampost #7 of 288/11/11 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #8 of 288/11/11 at 6:04ampost #9 of 288/11/11 at 6:07ampost #10 of 288/11/11 at 8:44amThread Starterpost #11 of 288/11/11 at 9:10am
Even some of the best soundstage I have heard in IEM (HifiMan RE1 with a well matched amp, TF10 and DDM) doesn't actually go out-of-head like a full size cans.post #12 of 288/11/11 at 9:22am
I've auditioned 262 last week.. If compared to other IEM, I can say that the soundstage is huge...
My preference might be differ than yours... and if you can, do a little audition on 262 before you purchase it...post #13 of 288/11/11 at 9:36amThread Starter
@ClieOS does that give a feeling that i am in a concert or make a 3D sound?
@nfinite what will be your preference?? unfortunately i cannot audition before purchasing because i live in india and here even finding top companies IEM is difficult.post #14 of 288/11/11 at 11:41am
RE262 and RE272 have better soundstage than many full sized headphones and most IEMs - it has excellent depth and sense of space. If you want the best sense of air, go with JVC FX700. Shure SE530 also has a very nice soundstage. RE262 and 272 have perfectly good soundstages for IEMs though.
Also, I have to disagree that RE262 has better vocals that RE272. Maybe they are more fun sounding on the RE262, but I find RE272 has more natural vocal reproduction, whereas the RE262 sounded a bit too thick to be realistic.post #15 of 288/11/11 at 6:34pm
Concert? Yes, but it is still a concert in between your ears, not out-of-head.
@Pianist - it is that thickness that gives RE262's vocal an extra layer of texture and intimacy. It is that texture and intimacy that I consider RE262 to have better vocal than RE272. That's is not to say RE262 has more accurate vocal than RE272. But for anyone who are looking for vocal and vocal only, I think RE262 will be much more favorable..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Mayflower Desktop Objective2/ODAC with RCA 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 6 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony XBAH3 Hybrid 3-way Driver In-Ear Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR1R Premium Over-the-Head Style Headphones 9 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 9 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)