does RE272 has the wow factor of RE262 ,like its liquid mids,unique sound signature,and the musicality.
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- best iem 150 or under Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 1/2/14 at 8:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which universal to get before going the CIEM route. Last post on 9/20/12 at 3:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- AdvertiseLast edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???post #1 of 288/10/11 at 11:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 288/11/11 at 2:07ampost #3 of 288/11/11 at 3:50amThread Starterpost #4 of 288/11/11 at 4:58am
Enjoyable is quite a very personal thing. Analytical and musical can both be enjoyable to different person. But in between the two, I'll say RE262 is probably more easy going than RE272 regarding sound signature. Personally, I enjoy both.post #5 of 288/11/11 at 5:11amThread Starterpost #6 of 288/11/11 at 5:18ampost #7 of 288/11/11 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #8 of 288/11/11 at 6:04ampost #9 of 288/11/11 at 6:07ampost #10 of 288/11/11 at 8:44amThread Starterpost #11 of 288/11/11 at 9:10am
Even some of the best soundstage I have heard in IEM (HifiMan RE1 with a well matched amp, TF10 and DDM) doesn't actually go out-of-head like a full size cans.post #12 of 288/11/11 at 9:22am
I've auditioned 262 last week.. If compared to other IEM, I can say that the soundstage is huge...
My preference might be differ than yours... and if you can, do a little audition on 262 before you purchase it...post #13 of 288/11/11 at 9:36amThread Starter
@ClieOS does that give a feeling that i am in a concert or make a 3D sound?
@nfinite what will be your preference?? unfortunately i cannot audition before purchasing because i live in india and here even finding top companies IEM is difficult.post #14 of 288/11/11 at 11:41am
RE262 and RE272 have better soundstage than many full sized headphones and most IEMs - it has excellent depth and sense of space. If you want the best sense of air, go with JVC FX700. Shure SE530 also has a very nice soundstage. RE262 and 272 have perfectly good soundstages for IEMs though.
Also, I have to disagree that RE262 has better vocals that RE272. Maybe they are more fun sounding on the RE262, but I find RE272 has more natural vocal reproduction, whereas the RE262 sounded a bit too thick to be realistic.post #15 of 288/11/11 at 6:34pm
Concert? Yes, but it is still a concert in between your ears, not out-of-head.
@Pianist - it is that thickness that gives RE262's vocal an extra layer of texture and intimacy. It is that texture and intimacy that I consider RE262 to have better vocal than RE272. That's is not to say RE262 has more accurate vocal than RE272. But for anyone who are looking for vocal and vocal only, I think RE262 will be much more favorable..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › FS: Moon-Audio JH3A Cable for JH16 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Portable amps on airplanes 4 minutes ago
- › Amp/DAC for the LCD-X --- just to nail it, I already did my research 5 minutes ago
- › iPod Classic 7th Generation (160GB) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 8 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Noble 4 Universal... 8 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 9 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 9 minutes ago
- › SHiDiYa PRaPa iNTeR CaST LoVe MaRRiAgE +91- 9829663189 10 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude