does RE272 has the wow factor of RE262 ,like its liquid mids,unique sound signature,and the musicality.
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- best iem 150 or under Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which universal to get before going the CIEM route. Last post on 9/20/12 at 3:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???post #1 of 288/10/11 at 11:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 288/11/11 at 2:07ampost #3 of 288/11/11 at 3:50amThread Starterpost #4 of 288/11/11 at 4:58am
Enjoyable is quite a very personal thing. Analytical and musical can both be enjoyable to different person. But in between the two, I'll say RE262 is probably more easy going than RE272 regarding sound signature. Personally, I enjoy both.post #5 of 288/11/11 at 5:11amThread Starterpost #6 of 288/11/11 at 5:18ampost #7 of 288/11/11 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #8 of 288/11/11 at 6:04ampost #9 of 288/11/11 at 6:07ampost #10 of 288/11/11 at 8:44amThread Starterpost #11 of 288/11/11 at 9:10am
Even some of the best soundstage I have heard in IEM (HifiMan RE1 with a well matched amp, TF10 and DDM) doesn't actually go out-of-head like a full size cans.post #12 of 288/11/11 at 9:22am
I've auditioned 262 last week.. If compared to other IEM, I can say that the soundstage is huge...
My preference might be differ than yours... and if you can, do a little audition on 262 before you purchase it...post #13 of 288/11/11 at 9:36amThread Starter
@ClieOS does that give a feeling that i am in a concert or make a 3D sound?
@nfinite what will be your preference?? unfortunately i cannot audition before purchasing because i live in india and here even finding top companies IEM is difficult.post #14 of 288/11/11 at 11:41am
RE262 and RE272 have better soundstage than many full sized headphones and most IEMs - it has excellent depth and sense of space. If you want the best sense of air, go with JVC FX700. Shure SE530 also has a very nice soundstage. RE262 and 272 have perfectly good soundstages for IEMs though.
Also, I have to disagree that RE262 has better vocals that RE272. Maybe they are more fun sounding on the RE262, but I find RE272 has more natural vocal reproduction, whereas the RE262 sounded a bit too thick to be realistic.post #15 of 288/11/11 at 6:34pm
Concert? Yes, but it is still a concert in between your ears, not out-of-head.
@Pianist - it is that thickness that gives RE262's vocal an extra layer of texture and intimacy. It is that texture and intimacy that I consider RE262 to have better vocal than RE272. That's is not to say RE262 has more accurate vocal than RE272. But for anyone who are looking for vocal and vocal only, I think RE262 will be much more favorable..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 10 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 57 seconds ago
- › Just received my Denon DA300USB desktop DAC/amp 1 minute ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 1 minute ago
- › New to headphones: Help needed 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › X3 Problem with 24bit 96KHz .flac files in New 3.0 Firmware (not... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)