does RE272 has the wow factor of RE262 ,like its liquid mids,unique sound signature,and the musicality.
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- best iem 150 or under Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which universal to get before going the CIEM route. Last post on 9/20/12 at 3:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first Brainwavz earphones, many thanks to Brainwavz for the review sample! When I wrote this review, I have used it for almost 2 weeks, around 2 hours daily. A happy ending...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???post #1 of 288/10/11 at 11:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 288/11/11 at 2:07ampost #3 of 288/11/11 at 3:50amThread Starterpost #4 of 288/11/11 at 4:58am
Enjoyable is quite a very personal thing. Analytical and musical can both be enjoyable to different person. But in between the two, I'll say RE262 is probably more easy going than RE272 regarding sound signature. Personally, I enjoy both.post #5 of 288/11/11 at 5:11amThread Starterpost #6 of 288/11/11 at 5:18ampost #7 of 288/11/11 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #8 of 288/11/11 at 6:04ampost #9 of 288/11/11 at 6:07ampost #10 of 288/11/11 at 8:44amThread Starterpost #11 of 288/11/11 at 9:10am
Even some of the best soundstage I have heard in IEM (HifiMan RE1 with a well matched amp, TF10 and DDM) doesn't actually go out-of-head like a full size cans.post #12 of 288/11/11 at 9:22am
I've auditioned 262 last week.. If compared to other IEM, I can say that the soundstage is huge...
My preference might be differ than yours... and if you can, do a little audition on 262 before you purchase it...post #13 of 288/11/11 at 9:36amThread Starter
@ClieOS does that give a feeling that i am in a concert or make a 3D sound?
@nfinite what will be your preference?? unfortunately i cannot audition before purchasing because i live in india and here even finding top companies IEM is difficult.post #14 of 288/11/11 at 11:41am
RE262 and RE272 have better soundstage than many full sized headphones and most IEMs - it has excellent depth and sense of space. If you want the best sense of air, go with JVC FX700. Shure SE530 also has a very nice soundstage. RE262 and 272 have perfectly good soundstages for IEMs though.
Also, I have to disagree that RE262 has better vocals that RE272. Maybe they are more fun sounding on the RE262, but I find RE272 has more natural vocal reproduction, whereas the RE262 sounded a bit too thick to be realistic.post #15 of 288/11/11 at 6:34pm
Concert? Yes, but it is still a concert in between your ears, not out-of-head.
@Pianist - it is that thickness that gives RE262's vocal an extra layer of texture and intimacy. It is that texture and intimacy that I consider RE262 to have better vocal than RE272. That's is not to say RE262 has more accurate vocal than RE272. But for anyone who are looking for vocal and vocal only, I think RE262 will be much more favorable..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 5 seconds ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 36 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 58 seconds ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by earfonia
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)