Im looking at all of these buds and I would like to know which of the three would be best for bass since i listen to lots of dubstep but also which of them could handle music like mumford and sons passion pit mgmt death cab for cutie etc please help me
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for strong build IEM with excellent sound quality Last post on 10/19/11 at 6:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best I.E.Ms for working out? Last post on 8/11/11 at 9:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Double Review] Etymotic HF3 & Sony XBA-3, with appearances from the Vsonic GR07 MKII Last post on 7/3/13 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Forgive me in advance for this review won't be focused too much on the sound. From the little while that I was able to listen to these headphones, they sounded amazing. They had a neutral tone...
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have a pair of HF5s and my much cheaper FX67s massively outscore them for bass. It's not that they produce more bass (I use a Cowon J3, so I have all the amp volume and EQ in the world) its just that the bass on the 67s is more musical, if that makes sense. In fact, the 67s are - to my ear, which is all I care about - almost as good as the HF5s in every department except those where they are better. Given that they're stupidly cheap on ebay and absolutely excel at base, I'd buy a pair and then see if I still felt the need for anything more expensive. (But then I'm saying that to everyone today - I love my 67s.) Search for Katun's review if you're interested.
Anyway, the HF5 has a great rep in general, but bass (and awful microphonics) are usually considered its weak points I believe.
Other suggestion: tell people more about the player you are using - the qualities of your amp and whether you have good EQ will make a difference to the IEMs you should use.
I have W4's and have tried W1's (I got them for my gf) and they are extremely capable. I do not listen to dubstep a lot, maybe if a friend links me briefly or something, but it can definitely handle Mumford and Sons, MGMT, Passion Pit, and Death Cab with ease.
- etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Do I Need an Amp? 10 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 4 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 7 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 and impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3