Im looking at all of these buds and I would like to know which of the three would be best for bass since i listen to lots of dubstep but also which of them could handle music like mumford and sons passion pit mgmt death cab for cutie etc please help me
- productCowon J3 Portable Media Player 32GB - Whitetagged by System, 8/11/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for strong build IEM with excellent sound quality Last post on 10/19/11 at 6:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best I.E.Ms for working out? Last post on 8/11/11 at 9:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Double Review] Etymotic HF3 & Sony XBA-3, with appearances from the Vsonic GR07 MKII Last post on 7/3/13 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a pair of HF5s and my much cheaper FX67s massively outscore them for bass. It's not that they produce more bass (I use a Cowon J3, so I have all the amp volume and EQ in the world) its just that the bass on the 67s is more musical, if that makes sense. In fact, the 67s are - to my ear, which is all I care about - almost as good as the HF5s in every department except those where they are better. Given that they're stupidly cheap on ebay and absolutely excel at base, I'd buy a pair and then see if I still felt the need for anything more expensive. (But then I'm saying that to everyone today - I love my 67s.) Search for Katun's review if you're interested.
Anyway, the HF5 has a great rep in general, but bass (and awful microphonics) are usually considered its weak points I believe.
Other suggestion: tell people more about the player you are using - the qualities of your amp and whether you have good EQ will make a difference to the IEMs you should use.
I have W4's and have tried W1's (I got them for my gf) and they are extremely capable. I do not listen to dubstep a lot, maybe if a friend links me briefly or something, but it can definitely handle Mumford and Sons, MGMT, Passion Pit, and Death Cab with ease.
- etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 47 seconds ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 (Pictures and review) [Updated 7/19] 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info... 2 minutes ago
- › MHDT Labs Pagoda - Any owners out there? 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)