Im looking at all of these buds and I would like to know which of the three would be best for bass since i listen to lots of dubstep but also which of them could handle music like mumford and sons passion pit mgmt death cab for cutie etc please help me
- productCowon J3 Portable Media Player 32GB - Whitetagged by System, 8/12/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 8/12/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/12/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/12/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for strong build IEM with excellent sound quality Last post on 10/19/11 at 6:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best I.E.Ms for working out? Last post on 8/11/11 at 9:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Double Review] Etymotic HF3 & Sony XBA-3, with appearances from the Vsonic GR07 MKII Last post on 7/3/13 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a pair of HF5s and my much cheaper FX67s massively outscore them for bass. It's not that they produce more bass (I use a Cowon J3, so I have all the amp volume and EQ in the world) its just that the bass on the 67s is more musical, if that makes sense. In fact, the 67s are - to my ear, which is all I care about - almost as good as the HF5s in every department except those where they are better. Given that they're stupidly cheap on ebay and absolutely excel at base, I'd buy a pair and then see if I still felt the need for anything more expensive. (But then I'm saying that to everyone today - I love my 67s.) Search for Katun's review if you're interested.
Anyway, the HF5 has a great rep in general, but bass (and awful microphonics) are usually considered its weak points I believe.
Other suggestion: tell people more about the player you are using - the qualities of your amp and whether you have good EQ will make a difference to the IEMs you should use.
I have W4's and have tried W1's (I got them for my gf) and they are extremely capable. I do not listen to dubstep a lot, maybe if a friend links me briefly or something, but it can definitely handle Mumford and Sons, MGMT, Passion Pit, and Death Cab with ease.
- etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 35 seconds ago
- › Gaming/music headphones 1500$ 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ray Samuels Audio Dark Star solid state headphone amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Gaming headphone 1500$ budget 2 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 review 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi