Im looking at all of these buds and I would like to know which of the three would be best for bass since i listen to lots of dubstep but also which of them could handle music like mumford and sons passion pit mgmt death cab for cutie etc please help me
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for strong build IEM with excellent sound quality Last post on 10/19/11 at 6:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best I.E.Ms for working out? Last post on 8/11/11 at 9:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Double Review] Etymotic HF3 & Sony XBA-3, with appearances from the Vsonic GR07 MKII Last post on 7/3/13 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have a pair of HF5s and my much cheaper FX67s massively outscore them for bass. It's not that they produce more bass (I use a Cowon J3, so I have all the amp volume and EQ in the world) its just that the bass on the 67s is more musical, if that makes sense. In fact, the 67s are - to my ear, which is all I care about - almost as good as the HF5s in every department except those where they are better. Given that they're stupidly cheap on ebay and absolutely excel at base, I'd buy a pair and then see if I still felt the need for anything more expensive. (But then I'm saying that to everyone today - I love my 67s.) Search for Katun's review if you're interested.
Anyway, the HF5 has a great rep in general, but bass (and awful microphonics) are usually considered its weak points I believe.
Other suggestion: tell people more about the player you are using - the qualities of your amp and whether you have good EQ will make a difference to the IEMs you should use.
I have W4's and have tried W1's (I got them for my gf) and they are extremely capable. I do not listen to dubstep a lot, maybe if a friend links me briefly or something, but it can definitely handle Mumford and Sons, MGMT, Passion Pit, and Death Cab with ease.
- etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Best gear for listening to classical music... 45 seconds ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 5 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 6 minutes ago
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2